Braga POP Hostel Reviews

R. do Carmo 61 3º, Braga, Portugal

Solid and homely hostel made great by the caring and awesome staff.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Denmark

I love to stay in this hostel , i felt in home really, its a nice place with very nice people.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

The people make the place what it is - warm regards to Helena and her helpers :) To keep it short i can say that I would like to recommend the POP hostel with all my heart. Mind you guys, it's a hostel not a hotel so adjust your expectations. Still, the place is immaculately clean, airy, bright and has a wonderful view from the dining room balcony. Good balance between price and value, in the middle of the town within a couple of minutes walk from feeding places and watering holes.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Poland

Don’t dream it just do it. Shouldn’t get lost finding the hostel but I did:-( Best direction is one minute from the front door to the Igrega (Church) do Carmo. Helena (Your host) speaks excellent English and consequently provides very detailed descriptions including the best way to get to The Peneda-Gerês National Park. Homemade yoghurt and jams for breakfast make it another reason to just do it. Go there.

Best hostel ever! Feels like home. Breakfast is amazing

• 27th Jun 2015

My time at Pop was nice and relaxed. Fairly small hostel with space to lounge and watch TV if you'd like. The two staff members were outstanding. Helped out above and beyond expectations with not only things in Braga, but even planned a whole detailed day trip to Peneda-Gerês. Breakfast was also good.

awesome hostel - great atmosphere, good breakfast, Helena is very friendly and helpful :) will definitely stay here again if I make it back to Braga

Wonderful location, great vibe, delicious breakfast (included in stay), welcoming and friendly staff - overall I had a great experience and I would highly recommend this hostel if you're in or near Braga!

We had a very pleasant stay at Pop Hostel. The staff were friendly, the place was clean and central, and there were lockers to store away personal items. The beds were comfortable too. Highly recommended for those travelling alone or in a small group.

• 2nd May 2015

Nice little hostel in very good position with a very friendly host

Perfect location, nice and helpful staff and good breakfast.

I loved it! The location is perfect, the staff is awsome: super nice and prestable (Helena is the sweetest!) Beds are really good, loved the home made yogurt and jelly! Didn't love the stairs, though it's always good for your but!! Nice Stay! I'd def go back there!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Peru

A beautiful and lovingly run hostel. We would come back anytime for the best sunset-location in best company! Thanks Helen ;)

• 18th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel! I came to Braga to look for an apartment, staying in the hostel for the first nights. Helena and her team made me feel comfortable right away. The crew is very helpful and friendly and cares for their guests. So whenever one has questions they'll be there to help. Breakfast is good and includes homemade products. The hostel itself is located in the city center. From there everything is accessible on foot. I would totally recommend it.

• 16th Feb 2015