Brazen Backpackers Reviews

69 Lisson Street, London, London, England

The locations was pretty good because it was near to one underground station. The cleanliness was awful, the window inside the room could not be open there was no air circulating Im back to my place full of bedbugs. I hate it.

• 17th Oct 2014

It's a cheap hostel so don't expect anything else from it...

Place was very dirty, humid and packed. I got bitten by bedbugs, everyone there has a cold or flu because of lack of hygiene. Place was disgusting.

Great place to spend a few days in London -central location -spent one evening at the Fashion & Textile M, 2 full days at the British M, and the last day at the Science M. I was five weeks pregnant during my few days stay, and I felt very safe. Am I a little bit adventurous? Maybe, but I can adapt no problem, as long I have a sleeping mask + ear Plu. Great people lodging, lovely Italian staff, nice breakfast... frankly, fun time! Leave your fears behind and enjoy London at the cheapest price!

It was dirty. There were just 2 "available" dirty showers for all people in hostel also i was bitten by bedbugs. I didnt use kitchen cause was terrible.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Poland

The mattresses were worn down, so that we had to sleep on the springs. The bathroom was not just dirty, it was filthy. And one person in our company got bedbugs from his bed. We all had to freeze our clothes when we got home. And the washing-lady even forced me out of the shower so she could "clean". Did not expect too much, but this was worse than we could imagine. Needs a makeover.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It wasn't clean. The shower clogged and the room had remnants of tenants past. It was a good experience to really appreciate a clean and friendly hostel. Because this was far from both.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Best lacation... which is the best thing about this hostel. The hostel is originally a pub, which is so f**** loud crowded. the night I stayed there was a Karaoke night... so try to imagine how pleasant was to sleep in there... Beds were 3 stages ones, so... was kinda impossible to reach mine (the top one) without making a stampida noise... as the beds are about to collapse! Dangerous! And they werent the claenest beds I've seen... Showers and toilets are ok! Staff is Italian and nice!

Nice place to stay. Only problem in this hostel is the clealiness. It is not very dirty as the cleaning is regularly done but it may be. Mattresses are normal one (so unhygenic, unlike the "plastic" still confortable one) and so was the quilt. I got bedbugs there (1st in my life) and i surely came clean from my home. I was the only one when i asked others (is it true?), but next place i went it stopped for me. So finally: nice located cheap and friendly place lacking of clenliness.

Real lockers and not little boxes that can be easily broken. The mattress, pillow and cover were disgusting, black and dirty. You should by new ones. The showers and rooms should be more often cleaned. There is a big problem with cleanliness, dirt everywhere.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

My friend get allergy after sleep at the bed, suspect some of the bed not so clean, I don't have this problem...

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel's location is very nice. It is 2 minutes away from Edgware Road's tube station. The atmosphere was friendly. It is not very clean though. The mattress and bed cover were dirty. The bathroom could use better cleaning. My main concern was with the luggage room (for before and after check-in), as people put their luggage in the same room. Anyone could have carried my backpack and left with it.

when i was there most recently, the whole place was fumigated - bed bugs. kitchen was v basic... cud do with bigger fridge. okish staff, sum just gave one worded answers - not that approachable but the cleaner lady was lovely!!! excellent location... v squeaky beds

This hostel is all-up really a quite dodgy place. Starting with the facilities we were facing our first dissapointment: The entire place is extremely cramped, dark and makes you want to leave the moment you came. Filthy bathrooms, a windowless "day room" in the basement with a super-tiny outside area in the garbage yard and a kitchen so small that only 2 people can find room in it, is what this place has to offer. As well, you'd hardly find staff being so rude, bossy and crancky. Absolute No-Go

• 17th Jul 2014

These two guests have been smoking in the room, which is not permitted; more for they had illegal substances on them and had been asked to leave because of this issue

Extremely dirty, I would never stay there again

The toilets would constantly overflow. There was toilet water everywhere. Charging for checking in late when the night manager is at the hostel is wrong. It's not like he had to drive in. The night manager took a £20 deposit but at check out they said no it was £10. Horrible hostel I do not recommend it at all. One of the girls said she moved rooms because the previous room had bed bugs

It is stated in hostel world website and in your booking confirmation that after midnight a late check -in fee of £10 will be applied. Reception is open from 8am until 12am, after that time there is a night manager who has to wake up every time the telephone rings and people have to check-in, this is why we charge customers for it. The £10 deposit are just to ensure guests are going to return their keys, if this is done they will get it back from which most hostels take deposits.

Well, this is one of the cases that the hostel is not a five star hotel, but it's cheap. If a bathroom not very well cleaned bothers you, this is not the hostel for you. However, if you always bring you flipflops to shower and don't really mind some dirt here and there, it works fine, just be ready for it!

• 11th Jul 2014

Everything good, just the toilets and rooms were not very clean

Kitchen was awful, only used as I was low on cash being my final stop. Pub was more filled with local drunks and old men than travelers. Bunks in 9 bed were shocking - squeaky, ladder always half breaking, 3 tiered and not attached to the wall which was quite scary. Staff seem more preoccupied with the pub than dorms. The location is good as there is the underground just down the road and walking distance to some hot spots (depends how much you like to walk though).

Both upstairs toilets were blocked during my few days there with the problem not being addressed within my stay. Showers are good but the kitchen is very small and smelt pretty awful with lots of flies around. Also, it's fine that they ask for a deposit when you check in, but I forgot to ask for it when I checked out and they later wouldn't refund it because they couldn't verify that I had checked out on time. Fair, but they should pay it back without having to be asked or reminded.