Brazen Backpackers Reviews

69 Lisson Street, London, London, England

My friend get allergy after sleep at the bed, suspect some of the bed not so clean, I don't have this problem...

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel's location is very nice. It is 2 minutes away from Edgware Road's tube station. The atmosphere was friendly. It is not very clean though. The mattress and bed cover were dirty. The bathroom could use better cleaning. My main concern was with the luggage room (for before and after check-in), as people put their luggage in the same room. Anyone could have carried my backpack and left with it.

This hostel is all-up really a quite dodgy place. Starting with the facilities we were facing our first dissapointment: The entire place is extremely cramped, dark and makes you want to leave the moment you came. Filthy bathrooms, a windowless "day room" in the basement with a super-tiny outside area in the garbage yard and a kitchen so small that only 2 people can find room in it, is what this place has to offer. As well, you'd hardly find staff being so rude, bossy and crancky. Absolute No-Go

• 17th Jul 2014

These two guests have been smoking in the room, which is not permitted; more for they had illegal substances on them and had been asked to leave because of this issue

Extremely dirty, I would never stay there again

The toilets would constantly overflow. There was toilet water everywhere. Charging for checking in late when the night manager is at the hostel is wrong. It's not like he had to drive in. The night manager took a £20 deposit but at check out they said no it was £10. Horrible hostel I do not recommend it at all. One of the girls said she moved rooms because the previous room had bed bugs

It is stated in hostel world website and in your booking confirmation that after midnight a late check -in fee of £10 will be applied. Reception is open from 8am until 12am, after that time there is a night manager who has to wake up every time the telephone rings and people have to check-in, this is why we charge customers for it. The £10 deposit are just to ensure guests are going to return their keys, if this is done they will get it back from which most hostels take deposits.

Well, this is one of the cases that the hostel is not a five star hotel, but it's cheap. If a bathroom not very well cleaned bothers you, this is not the hostel for you. However, if you always bring you flipflops to shower and don't really mind some dirt here and there, it works fine, just be ready for it!

• 11th Jul 2014

Everything good, just the toilets and rooms were not very clean

Kitchen was awful, only used as I was low on cash being my final stop. Pub was more filled with local drunks and old men than travelers. Bunks in 9 bed were shocking - squeaky, ladder always half breaking, 3 tiered and not attached to the wall which was quite scary. Staff seem more preoccupied with the pub than dorms. The location is good as there is the underground just down the road and walking distance to some hot spots (depends how much you like to walk though).

Both upstairs toilets were blocked during my few days there with the problem not being addressed within my stay. Showers are good but the kitchen is very small and smelt pretty awful with lots of flies around. Also, it's fine that they ask for a deposit when you check in, but I forgot to ask for it when I checked out and they later wouldn't refund it because they couldn't verify that I had checked out on time. Fair, but they should pay it back without having to be asked or reminded.

I needed a place to sleep and clean up in the morning. This place fulfills all of that. Location is close to several bus stops and easy access to a few of the train lines. Overall not a bad place to crash

• 2nd Jul 2014

Could have more plugs in the bedrooms, specially those addapted to euro-standard

I stayed here a couple weeks ago for 2 nights and returned a week later to stay another 5 nights. Ok, so hear are my thoughts on this hostel...... Are there more modern hostels....Yes does this one have the best rooms & beds....No is the kitchen and cooking area the best.....No Are the restrooms and showers the best....No is there a hostel with a better or friendlier staff? NO!!!!!! Did you have a great time and stay there? YES!!!!!! I would stay there again.

Although we were provided with the password for the wireless internet, we couldn't use it at all. The server didn't work properly and there was no any internet signal neither in the TV room (a dirty basement sized 2 x 3 m), neither in the common room (pub full with local drunks) nor in the room. I would never recommend this hostel to anybody.

So before a booked this hotel i did read the reviews and they were ALL bad. But i thought its cheap its normal its not going to be anything great. Got there i got the 9 bed insuite bathroom. It was DISGUSTING!!! I arrive at a room i paid for like that?? It was revolting!! Plus the area was full of drunks i left the first day and got my money back if your a girl or a group of girls forget this place thank god my male friends took me in at there house! They saw the place and refused i stayed there

• 28th May 2014

It was a really nice hostel. I enjoyed drinking with stuff. When there was a creepy person bugging me in the room, the stuff kindly changed my room, and helped me out. I felt really safe. It's a great place to spend a night in London!

cheap and cheerful hostel

I don't know why the hostel got so many bad review. Its standard is totally fine! There are enough bathrooms and showers, the toilets and the warm water work, the rooms are big enough, the beds are OK and the sheets you get are clean. The breakfast is also OK: toast and cereal. The stuff is friendly and the cleanliness is as good as it is an average hostel. So all in all, for the very cheap price a perfectly fine hostel (just don't expect it to be much nicer then you pay for...).

Nice staff.

We saw mouses and bedbugs in our room. The breakfast was tasteless. The washing machine stole my money. All rooms and bathrooms were extremely dirty. The staff was ok.

The hostel had a bit of an aged feel to it, and I fear that my dislike of it was greatly increased by terrible roommates. The staff were eager and helpful though.