Brazuka Hostel Maragogi Reviews

Av Senador Rui Palmeira, 561, Maragogi, Brazil

I wasn't sure what to expect from the hostel after reading the reviews below, let me clear some things up : those reviews are inaccurate. The internet connection is sometimes bad because the towns internet connection is bad (Maragogi is a little isolated, it's expected) Those who said it was unclean : not true. Those who said the staff were unfriendly : not true! This is a new little hostel, the only one in town, and they're doing a great job with it. We loved our stay here!

The hostel is right next to the beach, you only have to step out of the building and there you are. The place is relatively quiet and has a nice big kitchen where you can cook and play cards or something. The rooms were okay but you are not able to lock them on your own (only front door). The staff was a bit closed-off and sometimes almost un-friendly which bothered us a bit and the internet connection was very bad. The location and the other guests we met there made up for that, though :)

I had a great time with the guests and Ju. Oh, she rocks! She rode miles away with us to the quietest beaches in Maragogi and we also had lunch together (during Dec 25th!) at a local bar in front of the Ponta de Mangue beach. All by bike and that was fantastic!

Our private double room had now window and was only as big as the bed itself. Facilities are very run-down at this place and not even clean. At least the hostel is close to the Beach and the nice lady at the reception was very friendly and helped us to make our stay as mich bearable as it could be! Would not recommend to go there.

• 20th Dec 2014

I don't understood Who is The guest and Who is The host, every time in shaaring rom The staff are there, in The night look a televisione and They choose The program. Clean in is Not very "deep".The Breakfast is Most por in Brasil.Price 35 R$ per night, when I made a booking, the Price Was 40 R$, And I país 40R$ per night.After i did a Laundry, 25R$, And Them pretend tô me Money But i paid R$ 5 more per each day that i Been there, Just 5.After I went in Brazooka hostel tô Maceió, whith same boo

The staff was great and very welcoming, but the hostel physical conditions are very poor for the price it charges. The double room has a very noisy fan (unfortunately the fan is necessary, since Maragogi is a hot city), and the shared bathroom (there is no option of an ensuite bathroom for double rooms) is not very well maintained. I think the price should be lower for the conditions the hostel offers. This hostel is not a good option mainly if you are in the final days of vacations.

Positive: The staff, Facundo and Ana were awsome hosts, and the location, right close to the sea. Negative: We took a private double room without windows, which turned out to be a little stuffy.