Brazuka Hostel Reviews

Rua Ruth Reis, 132 Ponta Verde, Maceio, Brazil

Hard to find with the poor directions listed. The room was nice, briefly cleaned on arrival and with used sheets. We left for two hours and when we returned there was NO ONE there, doors wide open, horrendous security. We were tired and wanted to go to bed but needed info so waited. For 3 hours. Breakfast is offered in description but that's a lie. There wasn't even sugar for the coffee we had to make ourselves. The WiFi isn't good. Local word is that the reviews here are fabricated.

Pretty decent hostel however the breakfast was lacking

The owner and staff here are fantastic and so helpful! Although it was very quiet due to the season, the atmosphere was still chilled and friendly. The outdoor area and pool are perfect for socialising or just lazing around. The pool gets serviced weekly which is a plus compared to most hostels with pools! The wifi is also fast and breakfast is great (eggs, fruit, toast, coffee). A really great hostel.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great hostel, staff we're all very helpful. We got upgraded to the deluxe suite for the same price which was nicer than most hotels I have visited in Brazil. The main beach is within walking distance. Very relaxing hostel.

The good: swimming pool, good wifi, great staff and awesome communal areas, both inside and outside. The bad: dorm rooms are quite cramped, and there is only one shower between all dorms. Luckily we were there at a quiet time so it wasn't too much of a problem, but I imagine it would be quite annoying during peak season. Overall, Brazuka is a great, clean and welcoming hostel run by a super friendly, helpful and travel-smart guy. I would definitely go back. Thanks for having us Hezio! Legend! :)

• 25th May 2014

Best Hostel in Northeast of Brazil! Friendly staff, amazing swimming pool + ping pong table. Hostel itself very clean and the Internet was very fast.

• 23rd May 2014

The backpackers vibe and atmosphere in brazouka hostel is great! everyone are so open and social and especially the staff were very social and helpfull, which made us feel at home instantly. We really enjoyed staying there and can definatly recommend it! the rooms are very average, but fine..

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Very nice hostel, the staff are really helpful and it is in a good location. Don't follow the directions on the hostelworld page as they are not very good.

Good breakfast, nice pool area and hammocks, clean kitchen. The flush didn't work for all the time I stayed in the Hostel. Two times there was no water. One morning there was instead of breakfast a big mess and staff sleeping on the couch. The washing machine didn't work. Under the bed was dust.

I had a real good time there... The place are so nice and Maceió is very beautiful city. I hope soon as possible I can come back. Thanks guys and Good luck !!! Cheers

• 2nd Nov 2013

Amazing hostel, well decorated, really nice swiming pool, the owner is very friendly, good english, only few blocks from the beach... I RECOMMEND!!!

• 1st Nov 2013

It was just amaaaazing! The beach was just few blocks away, but the Hostel and the incredible swimming pool was so nice that I felt like staying sunbathing in the Hostel all day! We could just order food in and chill. Hezio , the owner really simple and friendly guy and took care of all guests! Brazuka place to be in Maceio! I Recommend 100%.

• 31st Oct 2013

Had an awesome stay at brazuka! Great times poolside and super friendly staff! Reccomended!