Bright Hostel Reviews

Calle Ladrillos 436 Interior 2, Cusco, Peru

Its a family own place with really friendly and helpful staff. They are from cusco so they can help you out with informations about almoust erverything. It´s location is very close to the plaza del armas, what makes it a nice place to sleep, as you are in the centre of cusco within 5 minutes. Another thing I really liked is that the hostel is developing. Where things are broken they are replaced very soon.

In a 0 degree temperature the "hot shower" only worked in the morning and for 2 minutes so we couldn't bath at night after an exaustive day. The room is cold, the floor is freezing. You have to walk a long way through the hill to get to an alley where the hostel is located. They do NOT clean the room. the curtains let all the light come in.

• 25th Jun 2014

We enjoyed our long stay in Bright Hostel. That's why it is so sad that we didn't receive a refund for one night (we returned from a 5day trek in the mountains and the water wasn't working...no shower, no toilet, nothing...in the morning we had to "run" to another building to get a cold shower there) and the stuff lied to us why they couldn't give us our money back. We left disappointed.

Our room (104) was "the best" room (we asked for another but after showing to us, we decided to stay at original one) and that means: - no hot water - no heating - if you sleep on an upper bed - be prepared for 20cm of space between you and a ceiling (I hit the ceiling several times very hard ) - electric wires out of the wall.. - poor lighting - only 1 bulb worked

Cheap so you get what you pay for! Decent size double bedroom with private ensuite - the tap water didnt really work and sometimes the shower wasnt hot. Nice staff, basic breakfast. Good location about a 10 min walk from main square.

Lovely couple working this hostel, owner speaks great English. We kept our bags there while we did Machu Picchu. Friendly workers, breakfast was a comfort away from home, nice teas to choose from. We stayed an extra two nights because we got sick and it wasn't a problem. Great location, cross the road to one of the funkier places, San Blas square and at night especially in the weekends, it works a treat with the hostel that's a short walk away and you can't hear any loud noises! Great place!

We stayed for 4 nights in the hostel, and we had à very good stay. The only thing is that the rooms are very cold but you get à lot of blankets. I like the place it is close to the center and there are à lot of cheap cute restaurants near the hostel. I like it that it is family owned. The staff do not all speak English very well but one does and hè made really good bookings for Machu Pichu for à very good price.

Very cold!

The hostel was great, perfect location, clean room. The only problem was that we paid upon arrival, the owner did not write it down. So when we tried to leave two days later at 4 am for a trek, another staff member tried to get us to pay again because there was no record indicating we already had done so. Thankfully we were coming back in 5 days, so he let us go.

• 5th May 2014

The price is right!!! - One of the cheapest hostels in town. We arrived with two very large motorbikes and the owner was very helpful in getting us secured parking in a public, narrow alley with garbage and dog poop . Its a good place to stay if you are older but not so good if you want to mingle with other travelers. It was difficult to get the hot water, working and the mattresses were probably 20 years old and we could feel the springs on our backs all night. No wifi in the rooms.

exellent location in the old Town. Electricity sockets did not function in the room and wifi was poor except in the reception area. Breakfast was poor and some times everything was finished before breakfast time ended.

I've spent 12 months backpacking South America and this is the WORST hostel I have EVER stayed in. Rooms are dingy at best and wifi hardly worked. Handed in my laundry and 2 days after they told me I would have it back I told the owner that even if it was wet/dirty I needed it because I had to leave. It's ok, things happen. He refused to give it to me and demanded that I go wake the laundry women to get it back. Never been treated so poorly by anyone in the customer service industry in my life.

It says on website there is a kitchen so wgen we got there we stocked up on food only to realise the kitchen is not in use and in repair. This also meant no available cutlery and crockery.

Incredibly good value for money accommodation that looks to be improving daily given renovations were occurring during the wk we stayed there, which didn't bother us at all. It's 5min walk to Plaza de Armas and in particular the 5star hotel area, attentive staff, ok breakfast and surprisingly fast and consistent wifi in both lobbies and room 303. Bathroom was clean with hot water but would be even better if it had a shower curtain and a non-broken toilet seat.