Brighton Youthful Hostel.....by the Sea

Good 248 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 41+
29th Apr 2017
4.0

Assaults, violence and outburst of verbal abuse! This place is dominated by long term residents who are not managed by the hostel manager. Lots of lack of boundaries and poor management. This place is not very safe and there is a lack of duty of care to guests.

• USA, Male, 41+
22nd Apr 2017
5.1

The room (a six-bed dorm) and the hostel in general were not very clean. The whole property felt quite run down. The breakfast (included with the room rate) was a bad joke. I paid much less the following night for a much better experience in the YHA hostel.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2017
5.1

I've paid a security deposit and was supposed to pay the amount left when I arrived at the hostel. However, they've charged my card with the amount left without noticing me. I was told that the amount will return to my account in 7 days, but I don't think it's fair as I wasn't told about this at the time of the booking. And to be worse, they charged me with a different hostel name than the one I booked. I called the hostel to speak about this and the receptionist had no idea of what was going on

• Australia, Male, 25-30
27th Mar 2017
8.0

Big kitchen plenty of common areas. only a few mins walk to the beach. Good place to stay for a weekend or a week. No lockers and a few people had things go missing. long term guests are nice and make you feel welcome

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
24th Mar 2017
5.4

Had a weird vibe, rooms were not clean, bed was terible but down stairs facilities were great. Close to beach, but long walk to brighton centre

• USA, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2017
4.6

Though it sits in a good/ accessible location just a straight bus ride away from Brighton center the hostel itself was dirty and overpriced for its face value. Our toilet was broken in the first room we got placed in so we were kindly upgraded to a larger space and we were told the toilet worked.. it didn't. So, we had to use the public restrooms that were absolutely horrendous. My bed was absolutely the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on and my friends all agree.

22nd Mar 2017
2.0

Me robaron la tablet y mis gafas de sol, no se si los mismos huéspedes o el equipo de staff mientras limpiaba la habitación fueron los ladrones, respecto al hostel en las habitaciones no hay lockers, me abrieron la mochila para encontrar la Tablet y las gafas, las camas son ruidosas, la gente que reside en el hostel muchos son gente alcohólica y sin trabajo o con problemas mentales, pocos viajeros, el peor hostel que he estado en mi vida, tampoco esta en zona céntrica, no lo recomiendo por nada.

21st Mar 2017

friendly staff,good location in a quiet street only 5 minutes walk from seaside...!!! good facilities and cleaners always in action...!!! Recommended...!!!

• Saudi Arabia, Male, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

Great location , clean rooms , you should watch your possessions because the lockers in the room are reserved even the locker that have my bed number .however the hostel was great

11th Mar 2017
3.1

This hostel was awful. Avoid at all costs. It claims to be close to the center of Brighton but it was over a 45 minute walk. Rooms were covered in dust, wifi didn't work, and the bathrooms were so unclean we all held it for our entire stay. Even immediately after they were cleaned, the bathrooms were still unusable. Overall the rooms were disgusting. I almost cut my foot on a rusty nail sticking up from the floorboards. Don't ruin the lovely city of Brighton by staying in this dump.