Brighton Youthful Hostel.....by the Sea Reviews

11 Seafield Road, Brighton, England

Staff, were fantastic, looked after me, And only happy to make you feel welcome and deal with any questions.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Scotland

It was really, really cold in the room! You should at least have informed about it being possible to borrow a heater. I don't think it is OK when it is that cold; I woke up at multiple times. It was also very many beds for such a small room; we almost had no space for our (small) luggage. The common rooms were quite shabby. Everything would have been OK if the rooms were warmer, though. Bring lots of clothes if you are going to stay here! Socks, hats and gloves.

Could only find one working bathroom (literally just a toilet) and it wasn't on our floor, otherwise good

• 7th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Stayed just one night. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great value for money. The ratio of shower/toilet facilities v number of beds was maybe the only downside, particularly given the floor I was staying on. All in all though, a most pleasant stay. Look forward to hopefully returning sometime soon.

WORST HOSTEL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! This place is not a hostel, it's basically a homeless shelter, many people live there, and it's full of heavy drug and drink abuse. As a woman on my own I felt terrified there, I managed to get through one night, in amongst many terrifying things happening, fire alarms going off, people running round bangs on doors, shouting, people dossing on the lounge floor.... After this I quickly left, could not conceive staying a second night. DON'T STAY HERE!

• 6th Nov 2015

The hostel was filthy, most of the bathrooms didn't work, the common areas were dark and uninviting, the pictures on their website must all be many years old, AND their dodgy power socket caused my ipad to short circuit - it's now totally broken and has to be replaced.

• 24th Oct 2015

Hi,On my thoughts on the hostel it self. 1- For the most part the hostel is fairly clean and I realize the staff can't do anything about the guest whom stay on far to long,meaning the one with nothing to do but bring the place down,as they sleep all day and drink all night. 2- I greatly appreciate 'noting one male receptionist taking his job seriously and doing his job well. By this I mean going ahead and letting guest know no food eating in rooms 'politely'.

• 27th Sep 2015

I have never imagined there is such an old and small hostel in UK The bed is not in good function when one in either level of the bunk bed move the whole bed is shaking and giving creepy noise. Basically it means no sleep Someone knocked onto the door hard to ask for opening the door while the room should have only been booked by my friend and me Worst hostel experience ever

Far away from city centre, like 30 minutes. Very few toilet for so many people. Very expensive, 80 pound (2 beds, 1 night, sharing bedroom with a few people more) Rude staff, more interested in collecting more money than in our confort. Bad facilities, old and very uncomfortable bed apart from the person who was snoring the whole night as a truck.

• 15th Aug 2015