Brisbane Backpackers Resort

Very Good 419 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2017
3.1

Really dirty room, hasn't been cleaned at all during my stay!! Staff at reception not helpful- booked the airport shuttle there, because they said it's convenient, it didn't showed up!! Would not recommend this hostel, literally the worst I've been to in OZ.

• alixpenn
  • England, Female, 18-24
19th Jan 2017

Great atmosphere at this hostel, good value for money, I stayed in the 8 bed mixed dorm, and there were never more than 4 people in at one time. I was there 3 nights and enjoyed playing in the pool competition, kitchen facility is good, although could do with more knives/chopping boards, etc. The swimming pool was clean and nice. The bar is relatively cheap, jugs of beer are $11 between 5 and 6, when it's happy hour, and $15 normally. I enjoyed my stay here and will be back again.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
8th Jan 2017
7.4

Over all the place is pretty good. The staff can be hit or miss as far as attitude goes. They "threw out" my food despite it having a date from the day before "clean out day" labeled as the day put into the fridge. It was all still in my bags completely intact but i had to retreated it from garbage bags in the back fridge area. As for cleanliness the staff tried really hard to keep the place clean but it is in need of an update. THEY HAVE A NO BYO POLICY ON ALCOHOL, BE WARNED!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
23rd Dec 2016

Perfect West End location.

• England, Male, 18-24
20th Dec 2016
5.4

So the staff range from extremely helpful to completely incompetent its a luck of the draw to which member is behind the desk. When I first arrived I was put in the wrong room, They have a bullshit policy on cooking utensils where you need to exchange your room card, and I was given the wrong room key back. To which they just gave me a new one which raises a security question as to who had taken my room card. READ THIS PART! YOU CANNOT BRING YOUR OWN ALCOHOL INTO THE HOSTEL BE WARNED!

• CeSabatini
  • Argentina, Female, 18-24
7th Dec 2016

Loved it, would stay again.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
2nd Dec 2016
7.1

I personally didnt enjoy my stay. It was very dirty and the overall atmosphere wasn't too good. Most people lived there for a couple of months and didn't have the typical Backpacker spirit... Unfriendly etc. But it was very very cheap, so I got what I paid for.

19th Nov 2016
6.9

Overall I wasn't super impressed, but it was a fine place to stay. Rooms are very hot and very noisy. Lots of activities for guests which is appreciated. The $25 key deposit is ridiculous and should be mentioned on here. For a backpacker at the end of a month trip, that was my food money. Staff was pretty cool though

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
19th Nov 2016
3.4

I shortened my stay at the hostel as it was disgusting and I didn't want to have to sleep in rubbish and a bit full of ants.

9th Nov 2016
6.0

8 bed room where 5 people work in brisbane so have been there for a while so clothes were all over the place and it smelt so bad in the room you would think something had died in there. Air con was constantly breaking and wifi didnt work. Shuttle buses frequently to southbanks and the town centre which was a positive. Staff hardly spoke to guests and not much atmosphere so you would always go to the town centre for a good atmosphere. Overall wouldnt recommend.