Brisbane Backpackers Resort Reviews

110 Vulture Street, Brisbane, Australia

Very good mattresses, nice staff (depending on who you're talking to), a lot of services but with some you have to pay for (lockers or wifi...), free parking, nice pool... :) Nice hostel !

Had a great stay. The best hostel we stayed at in all of Australia.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Norway

Basic and rundown for the price. Cheap aluminum bunks squeak and move evreytime someone in the bunk rolls over. Public areas have hard wooden benches to sit on. The whole establishment has a single 2-seater lounge to share between 150 guests. Parking full. Staff arrogant bar one cool dreadlock dude. Lost (gave away) despite and afternoon call to check my 4 bed dorm booking....only 1 bed dorm left. It stank.

I appreciated the cleanliness of the facility and the friendliness of the staff,. It was not the best hostel I have stayed at, but it CERTAINLY was not the worst. Kudos for the quiet hours-- I have stayed at many where there is loud music playing at the bar until all hours of the night. Overall a good value for the price.

I think the lockers should not be paid, it should be free for all those backpackers. The price was ok. also toilet inside the room was not a good idea, because if i get up early, I dont want to make any noise for all backpackers. Overall is good. thank you !

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Thailand

this hostel was good enough. wi fi is $2 for 20 mins which added up and was expensive bar closed early. but there are tons of shops and pubs just down the road. it is close to southbank, where I spent most of my time.

I stayed here for 4 nights it was quite basic and a staff member called Jill was very unhelpful and rude on arrival. I had asked how much more we had to pay after deposit and she said "work it out yourself" and she had a calculator right beside her, I ended up just asking for the calculator and the response was ok whilst rolling here eyes at me. others that wer staying in hostel also said a lot of bad reports about Jill, they said she was making the place look bad as it was run pretty well apart

• 6th Dec 2013