Brisbane Backpackers Resort Reviews

110 Vulture Street, Brisbane, Australia

This may not have been the hostel's fault but, during the time I was there, the car park seemed to be slightly overloaded with vehicles (two campervans I think), making it very awkward to manoeuvre a car in and out. I think there was even a car parked in front of a sign that specifically forbid parking in a certain spot. This was only a mild annoyance though.

• 19th Jan 2016

Great hostel with pool, jacuzzi and bar attached to it. Cheap meals. Rooms got their own balcony and aircon, mini fridge and bathroom. Close to the southbank which is the best part of brisbane really. However, apart from the one brunette, staff was rude and not helpful. In particular the manager woman was very blunt and unhelpful when asked for directions. Still would stay again tho

pretty good. positive: Great atmosphere! Rooms are ok. negative: paid WiFi only, AC centrally controlled.

computer should be free

Love this hostel. Good atmosphere, spacey clean rooms and loads of space to chill downstairs by the pool and bar. Very social hostel, I've met great people. Free shuttle bus to town, 10 min walk from south bank. Staff is very helpful.

The staff was friendly.its located à little bit far away from everything... The rooms were not very clean and our light of the bathroom was broken

Staff were great!!

• 10th Dec 2015

I have stayed at other hostels in Brisbane in the past and yours is by far the best. Really great staff. The facilities are amazing for a backpackers hostel... it really is a Backpackers Resort, loved the pool area with the hammocks, had heaps of fun on the basketball court, met a bunch of cool people in the bar area playing games all night. I though the rooms were probably the cleanest of any hostel in recent memory, the cleaners cleaned the bathroom every day: Great! The managers were rad!

• 9th Dec 2015

-wifi is too expensive -only 2 sockets in a 8 dorm +own bathroom per dorm +free shittle service to the city centre

The worst hostel room I've ever been in! It was a disgrace to put people in there! Room 201 is gross! The curtains are hanging off the wall, the balcony looks like a breakers yard, there was tobacco everywhere in the room & I can't even describe the smell!! The A/C didn't work and the extractor fan in the bathroom also didn't work which meant there was a terrible smell in there! I'm not sure what kind of cleaners are employed there but they need firing! Have you never heard of bleach? Minging!

No lockers in the rooms and the electronic ones were broken. Need to get all cups, plates, cutlery, pots, pans from reception and leave room key as deposit. Heard reception ask if they needed a pan with a handle, and when they said yes, he said check if someone has finished with one in the kitchen, if not they'll get one from the staff kitchen, where they are presumably keeping the decent cookware! No boyo because they have a bar - not a cheap one either. Fine to sleep, but that's all.

Very nice and clean hostel with excellent atmosphere for meeting other backpackers and having fun.

Very nice hostel. Good price, great facilities and rooms. We had a small balcony that we definitely enjoyed in the morning. Only little negative thing would the missing free wifi. But definitely a good place to stay at!

Nice pool and facilities. Charging that much for wifi and a lot of other things that you could take for granted is a ripoff. Buying a sim card and having mobile Internet is a lot better than paying for the wifi.

Wifi should be free. Or at least less expensive.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Romania

The staff is friendly, the people are friendly, they are on the west side of town but they do have a shuttle to take you into city central. My only complaint is that they charge for EVERYTHING!!! You have to pay for Wi-Fi! Along with a lot of other things. I use WiFi to talk with family friends and to plan my next day and for that alone I would not stay again.

I was lucky enough to get a dorm room with just 2 other girls, who were really quiet and did not snore, so that's such a bonus. Only problem I found was 2 flights of stairs to carry bags up. Best thing was the FREE shuttle bus that took me where I wanted to go - that was just great! It cost $20 to get there from the airport on a Con-e-xion bus and I arranged it right outside the airport baggage pick up area.

• 16th Aug 2015