Brisbane Backpackers Resort Reviews

110 Vulture Street, Brisbane, Australia

I came in in the middle of the night, and went straight to my booked female dorm room. I couldn't get to sleep because there was somebody snoring very loudly, which I thought was odd for a female dorm, but ok. Turned out that the only other girl in the room had hooked up with a snoring guy, who also woke up and turned on the lights at 3am. Also, the mattress was very thin. All in all, I didn't get any sleep even though I was exhausted.

• 19th Oct 2014

This Hostel needs to decide what rates it is charging. There were 3 of us in the same room. One paying $19, one paying $22, and one paying $30. How can that be?

We stayed here for 4 nights during that time the bathroom has not been cleaned really once. Rest was alright.

You basically have to pay for everything - internet, pool table... For a backpacker with such prices, some facilities should be included !

the hostel is very nice with pool,bar,nice area but not in the city centre,btw they provide a free bus leaving every hour!the rooms have nice bathroom and fridge,nice kitchen in the basement and nice staff!it is actually much cheaper if u book online,but anyway it worths the money! recommending it!!

Cheerful and fun staff, excellent crowd of people. Easy to get a good nights sleep in the dorms, hourly shuttles into town free of charge, cheap drop off to airport barely more expensive than the train. great drink prices and a good selection of food. Best backpackers I stayed at in Brisbane.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

No lockers in rooms Difficult to meet people not in dorm as they only have small tv room and small Xbox area

Never felt so unsafe in a hostel before.. Opened my door to see an older guy totally wasted and only in his underwear, smoking and drinking vodka from the bottle. He was shaking somebody's bed, shouting: "I am a BAD MAN. I AM A BAD MAN!" I picked a bunk at the other end of the room, not realizing there were 2 people in the top bunk. They didn't seem to know each other well; she kept asking to leave but he would stop her. She jumped out and ran away when he finally fell asleep at 3am. Scary.

• 15th Jul 2014

Booked a 4 bed dorm ended up in an 8 bed. very loud!