Britannia on William Reviews

253 William Street, Northbridge 6003, Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Unbelievable how rude hostels can be. Been to a lot of hostels in Australia and These one was by far the worst one. Facilities are alright but staff is rude and not helpful. They even complained about me because I asked them if its possible to check in earlier. Good location rooms are alright.

Clean hostel. Friendly staff.

awful! Run down place with unfriendly management! Administrative( backpackers themselves) are fine, but the permanent stuff is rude, unfriendly and irritable! Rude posters addressed to the guests are on the wals. Guests are very nice, normal relaxed people. No airconditioner! NEVER AGAIN!

• 3rd Jan 2014

The staff was unpleasant, the room was small and smelly , it looked like a prison cell. The bathroom and kitchen was ok, no more. We had twin beds instead of a double bed. Would not stay there again

A paradise for backpackers on tigh budget.kitchen good , clean and conducive.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

good hostel, amazing staff and perfect location

We didn't even stay in the room after being given the key to a room someone was already asleep in. There was a spider in the second room we were shown to and the staff refused to get rid of it for us. Walked around perth in the middle of the night and only went back to use Internet so we could find somewhere else to stay. We sat in the hall to do this. We checked in at 3am and checked out again at half 5 and when asked if everything was ok we said no but the staff didn't seem bothered.

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

Only stayed here one night. It was good that reception is open 24 hours a day as I took the red eye flight into Perth. Location is great. Right in the heart of Northbridge. However right next to clubs so outside, it does get quite noisy. Whilst staff upon check in was fine, the lady working at check out was demeaning. Cleanliness is what was expected for a hostel.

Facilities are little old But quiet good management by steps And common manners are very good Hope I have chance to stay here again

• 11th Sep 2013
  • South Korea

Clean bathrooms, average rooms, kitchen crowded (there are many many rooms), expensive wi-fi, good location.

it was good for only few nights. its a bit sad that it looks like a chail...there many space for some colors and ideas!! anyway it was okay :)

• 1st Jul 2013

Very noisy hostel, inside and outside the property. Could hardly get to sleep until 4am most days. Very unreasonable, unprofessional and disrespectful Asian manager that annoyed me on so many occasions.

• 10th Jun 2013

Of course i spent small money for this stay so didnt expect 5 star hotel service. A chinese lady at the reception did not know How i could solve wireless problem although they charged $3 per hr. She shouted at me when i asked how i logged in and out and repeated she doesnt know about computer. Hmmm nothing to say...very disappointed overall...

• 15th May 2013
  • South Korea

Nice place to stay, reasonably priced, lovely staff. Was really only there to sleep so can't really comment on the atmosphere.

This is by far the worst and most disgusting hostel we have ever stayed in, the building should be condemned. The price is an absolute joke. Our private room had holes in the floor and a carpet that looked like it had been taken from the bottom of the ocean. If you are considering this hostel unless you have been sleeping rough for the past 6 months, go elsewhere.

• 21st Apr 2013

backpacker is all good ,room and kitchen is tidy and cleanliness is good ,the location is excellent .

• 12th Apr 2013
  • Hong Kong

the hostel is awful. its big but i couldn't find a place to socialise with other guests. the bathroom is ok, but the room couldn't have been called a room. it was so dirty with this old carpet that i couldnt even sleep without being sneezing the whole night. I got bedbugs in there, so I had to clean all my stuff before getting back home. the room didn't have any windows, and was so so so dirty. so it was really claustrophobic. was 60 bucks. I wish I could know this before.

Rude staff, dirty rooms, kitchen and bathrooms. Asked for a double room and were given a room with no windows and a bunk bed! Wanted to do washing on the morning that we were checking out but were told that at 10am we had to leave the building as we were no longer guests, this was even though other guests were allowed visitors at all times! Only one member of staff was able to answer one of our questions, the rest were useless!

• 19th Mar 2013

I loved this hostel. It had a great atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful whenever I had queries. I loved the outside section where you could meet other travellers. My room was very clean a great value for money. As other have stated, a great location today. I would definitely recommend people to stay here.

Other people's luggage in room - moved by staff - left in corridor - then we were accused of taking it. Very dirty - bed bugs or similar as left covered in bites No air conditioning Noisy

• 1st Mar 2013