British Hotel Reviews

40 Battery Street, Valletta, Malta

Good location in Valletta and basic facilities provided including towels and a very small TV. Cheapest single room i could find at the time. Not so positive aspects were room was on 6th floor with no lift so had to carry my bag up several flights of stairs. No Wifi in rooms, only in common area which is often full. Weather was very hot and only a fan provided. Air-con costs 5 Euro extra- I have never been charged for this in any other hotels. Large cockroach in room on last night.

There were construction works ongoing which was written in very small font on booking confirmation which we overlooked. No wifi in the room as promised, no "wonderful sea view" as widely advertised on website, no access to bar/restaurant at all. Breakfast was just a coffee boiler that one should make his or her own coffee, croissant was not fresh and in a plastic bag. When we complained about this disappointment, the staff gave us AC control (which otherwise costs 5 eur/night) for free.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Russia

Great staff. thanks for your help. .

• 30th Jul 2015

Fantastic location and very friendly staff. Great value for money.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Bulgaria

The people were very nice and helpful, the location was great except for having to walk all the way up the street's stairs with luggage to get in. Brutal. The place was basically was sleeping and it was fine for that purpose. The promised writing desk/dressing table was not in the room, and I did have a fair amount of writing to do during my visit. Spending time on the terrace was quite nice; harbor views and a breeze. I would definitely stay here again.

The location is great and provides beautiful views of the sea. The room I had was quite small, but I knew what to expect, and it had everything I need. The staff was friendly and helpful as well. Overall I had a nice stay there and I would recommend the hotel to travellers on a budget who plan on being out and about most of the time, to enjoy gorgeous Malta.

Basic place in the right spot. Very helpful staff

• 3rd Jul 2015

Hotel as great views of the harbour from the rooftop terrace and from higher priced rooms, one big drawback is the hotel is situated on a very steep hill with many steep stairs to climb, depending on ones fitness.