British North American Internship Program Reviews

1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201, New York, New York, USA

Very Nice Place !

The only detail is the system of radiator and ventilator! but the trip is really good, thanks

• 5th Aug 2013

This was my first time to NYC, and I was traveling alone. BNIAP caught my eye because of the price, and it was a pleasant surprise. It had good, pleasent security guards, great location only 25 minute sub ride into manhattan and a good vibe. For the price and the fact that these are dorms you can expect a few things: you will prob have at least one roommate, the crowd is typically younger and the bathrooms are a bit grungy.Bring a towel and shower shoes! Would stay here again and recommend!

• 4th Aug 2013

Great, convienient location (one stop from Manhattan). Safe, well-lit location. ID is required to get on the LIU Brooklyn campus and into the building, so very safe. The dorms are functional but nothing special. Mini fridge and microwave are included. The only problem is the hall bathroom - it's never clean, bring shower shoes. Otherwise a great value.

When I arrived there, I had no idea where I have to go to find this hostel. There were no signs or at least or anything! When I got there the security told me that all the staff had already left and I was shocked, because I came at 11pm and I realy needed a room right a way. Later on I realized that the security and the staff of a hostel have some wierd issues. Anyway rooms are quite poorly equipped, washrooms are dirty and also the atmosphere is not so good there.

The toilets were pretty bad and it didnt look as if they were cleaned daily. One of the showers didn't have a curtain in front of it, how much trouble would it be to fix that? The beds were clean and that is pretty important to me in a hostel. Wifi worked fine. Multiple subway lines in walking distance.

During my stay, the bathroom on my floor was closed for construction. We have to go down 3 flights or elevator to use the bathroom which is annoying. I don't know where is the common arer or typical hostel facilities are. No activities as well. Price is good though.

Basically it's an old university halls of residence

Very cheap! In Brooklyn, but not so far of Manhattan. And Brooklyn is a good place to be!

Phone number does not work, staff does not respond to emails, and reception does not open till 10am leaving no way to pick up the $10 they make you deposit for the key to your room. Staff was rude.

• 18th Jul 2013

The biggest problem is the bathroom and the price, everything else is ok

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Ecuador

I thought it was great. There were some problems with cleanliness in the toilets, but that's guest's fault. It was cleaned up quite fast. Only real problem is that the A/C is to loud.

Good place for budget accommodation. Good location next to a tube station. Student halls quality of accommodation.

• 30th Jun 2013
  • Poland

The only two things I should complain about are that the security was to tight to get in and that the shared bathrooms weren't cleaned during my stay,5days.

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Spain

Nice team, very good security (a bit too much maybe). Rooms are OK (students' rooms), but the bathroom isn't always very clean. But it is rather cheap + good location.

• 28th Jun 2013

Despite isn't located in Manhattan, it is very close to the metro so you can go in short time. Just don't forget to ask for the key deposit when you check-out!

Really good staff but the bathrooms and common areas can improve, No AC in 85• summer

Very young place, not really a party hostel. Great for people exploring New York.

It's nice to stay for a short time, you have a 20 min subway trip to manhattan.

• 20th Jun 2013
  • Argentina

The staff alone worth the cost I paid, these guys really worked hard for check in and check out quickly, without compicaciones, without drama and very nice. The only observation is that they should have rules for that other residents are cleaner and careful. For the rest we only recommend it. I would stay there again.

• 19th Jun 2013