British North American Internship Program Reviews

1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201, New York, USA

Its the best deal all summer on accomodations in NY. They should make a better effort of putting ppl in rooms with others who want the A/C on or simply make the default that A/C is on in summer since its 90+ degrees out. Arguments with room mates over air conditioner on or off were rampant due to such preferences; in my opinion its unreasonable to request it not be on when it is so hot in NYC.

• 17th Jun 2013

Inside the university campus, the showers are dirty

dirty bathrooms little atmosphere good location & security

There are two important aspects that I need to refer to, the first one was that at my arriving I wanted to pay (USD.160) the price booked and sent to me by e-mail from Hostels.com but the girl who attended me wanted to charge me more than the double (USD570) price that was not agreed at my booking and that I showed her in my e-mail, she didn´t want to accept it, she said I had to pay what she said at over 9.00 PM or I just couldn’t stay in the Hostel, after arguing other girl came to us and ..

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Colombia

Huge room for three people - ie. no bunk beds, a lot of space for your stuff and there was also a desk and a couch! Air conditioning. definitely a bargain for the amount of money you pay (25$ per night in NY!). Really close to metro station. Breakfast and dinner included in the price but I didn't have the chance to try it. This accomodation is inside a nice university campus so security is seriously enforced and meeting new and different people is really easy. Really recalled my student days :)

It was ok for a trip to NYC

• 8th Jun 2013

I'm a bit not happy staying in here because the bathroom smells not good even though looks clean,and they only provide thin linen blanket.. there's no towel,and if we wanna wash our clothes you must buy a card cost $5 and add the value of money for washing machine and dry machine.. On the other hand,I really like the location of this hostel because only 10 minutes from Brooklyn bridge which is has very beautiful view during sunset and delicious cheese cake in Junior restaurant!

Great place, great location but we felt it could have done with a games room - pool table, books etc..,. to give it a bit more life. other than that was very happy.

Had a great time! The trip was amazing! Getting in and out of the city was really easy. It was nice to be away from the city but be super close to everything. Really enjoyed the stay!!

• 3rd Jun 2013
  • Mexico

Good value and excellent location. Sitting inside of University with responsible security guard makes it a safe place. Only 3 beds in each room compare to 6-8 beds in other hostels with similar price. Lots of cupboards and 3 desks which are very convenient for store your luggage and studying. I've never waited for shower and toilet. The only problem is the noisy air condition that we have to turn off when sleeping. No blanket provided so you'd better prepare your own if you easily get cold.

• 30th May 2013

Old furniture, dirty bathrooms, little atmosphere... Rooms were good, so was location & security. Great wi-fi too.

• 28th May 2013

good value for money, only one stop to manhatten on the express train. good for short term stay, no kitchen though, so unless you want to eat out everyday wouldn't recommend for long term stay

Lots of students and interns. They had really cheap monthly rates on the website.

• Sweden

Close to the subway.

• Finland

Nice place to stay, dinner was a surprising touch.

• 18th May 2013

Very convenient location, close to everything in downtown Manhattan.

• Luxembourg

It was a bit of a hassle with the security guards. There's two security guards on at all time.

• Norway

Glad we booked this place. It was surprisingly convenient.

• 18th May 2013

They had breakfast and dinner, which they didn't mention in the advert.

• Iceland

It was on a big college campus. They have really cheap monthly rates.

• Spain