Brodies Hostels Reviews

93 High St, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh, Scotland

Was happy with everything else apart from the staff who were pretty rude....Would still go again as it's a good price for Edinburgh City Centre.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

None of essencial facilities like wifi, lockers, chargers, etc Very good location The hostel stinks

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

I was the worst hostel because you cancel my reserve and I have to pay again!! I don't buy more with you! Thz!

• 10th Mar 2015

You could do with some nice chairs or a settee in the livingroom and the wifi was really bad. Fix that and the hostel will be brilliant. Brodies needs some cosiness!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

The location is great, right on the Royal Mile. However, as soon as we arrived we were made to feel very unwelcome and on the 2nd night we wanted to just make a cup of tea before we went out to dinner. It was 6pm and we were asked to leave the kitchen cause someone was cleaning. It would have been fine but they were really rude and it was 6pm (peak dinner time). The hostel also smelt, I think that the drainage of the showers was not the best because there was a very strong damp smell.

You get what you pay for.. Good hostel for the price, and great location!

It was the second time I stayed there, and I regreted twice. It was a very disheartening place to spent my x-mas. Staff is unfriendly, too many of them already clustered and, I don't want to sound biased, but they only had mingled with Spanish speakers.. I'm pretty sure that is one of those situations that the owner of the establishment let the management in the hands of the staff and he doesn't even know how is the situation there. I'dnt recommend to no one.

I got my tagged food stolen from the fridge. Toooo many 'living staff' there, you can't distinguish guests from staff, one of them made fun out of my beard in spanish and he thought I wouldn't understand, very disrespectful. No toilet paper in the bathroom, bad showers, they have hot water and really hot water, no in-between. And you have to pay 3 pounds for wifi. I would never recommend this place to anybody. There are way better hostels in the same area.

Very good there the problem is because need more clean. But I think was caused by roommates.

Very dirty hostel. Smells is bad. Toilet and shower dirty

• 23rd Oct 2014

first stay since 2003. changed a lot but staff very friendly. would stay again.