Brown Kiwi Travellers Hostel Reviews

7 Prosford Street, Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand

A very welcoming, and homey atmosphere can be found at Brown Kiwi, and it's in a cool area of Auckland, not too far from the CBD. It's worth keeping in mind that there are alot of people there long term, or at least working, rather than travelling, so there may not be such a great opportunity to meet other tourists just passing through.

I am disappointed I booked for 3 night and was only able to stay 2 and was told that the room was already book, no one tired to accommodate me. When I arrived no one was there to check me in then I had to come back to re check in. When I came back the person behind the desk did not know what they were doing asked me to come back I had to tell him to call the manager.. The experience was very disappointing. Location great hostel was lovely and cozy staff very disappointing.

Besr hostel we have stayed in!

Would recomend Brown kiwi hostel to all who want to feel like at home. Very friendly stuff, great athmosphere. It is only 20 minut walk to city centre and 1 minut walk to Ponsonby road with lots of shops, pubs and more important bank, post and library. Thank you Roberta, Damaris, Hannes and Lucy for making my stay so pleasant and nice. Defenitly se you again, when I am back in Auckland. Rok, Slovenia

A bit of a hike up some steep hills from the city centre (walked there with our packs, took the bus on the way out), but definitely nice and quiet. Kitchen felt a bit cramped with other guests milling around, but we never had to wait for stove space and found enough space to store our food. Sharper knives would have been great. Socializing was kind of awkward as most of the other guests were staying long term, knew each other, and were all from Germany (we're Canadian).

Really enjoyed my stay here for my last week in NZ. Love the little garden/patio hang out area. Staff were very helpful (particularly Hannes). Cool mix of longer term hostel peeps and new travellers coming in.

nice garden, nice people but realy far from the bus stop etc.