Brown Kiwi Travellers Hostel

Fabulous 109 Total Reviews

• sjconnelly4837
  • England, Couple, 25-30
17th Mar 2017

Reasonable hostel, pleasant atmosphere, free WiFi. Just be aware some of the rooms are in the garden so you have to walk through the garden to the toilet/shower. Not really a problem for me as the weather was nice when I was there, but potentially could be a bit annoying in winter.

4th Mar 2017

I had a really great stay here. The atmosphere was amazing & it was easy to get along with people. However, I was really disappointed that on my last day I was charged $10 to stay on after check out for a few extra hours as I couldn't check in to my new hotel until 6 pm. It soured my experience as I hadn't really planned much as I'm moving to Auckland and have plenty of time to see it. It came as an shock to me even as I didn't need to use the kitchen. Overall, I did have a wonderful experience.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
1st Mar 2017

The Brown Kiwi has a wonderful atmosphere, the friendliest hostel I've stayed in so far! Everyone is really welcoming including the staff who are very helpful and smiley :) the garden is beautiful too, a lovely place to chill out in the sun

• England, Male, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

Amazing hostel!!! I would recommend this hostel to everyone. The staff are friendly, it is very clean, the beds are very comfortable and it has a great community atmosphere. There is a beautiful garden to chill in. Best hostel iv stayed. Thanks guys.

• Portugal, Female, 31-40
20th Feb 2017
7.4

The hostel was good,the staff was very friendly and helpful. Close to city centre overall was good.

• Slovakia, Male, 25-30
1st Feb 2017

I really liked the Brown Kiwi hostel, it has very friendly staff, nice community atmosphere, is clean and close to the city centre. There is a fairly large kitchen with everything you need and a nice outdoor area with tables. Reccommend the place!

13th Jan 2017

The brown kiwi was absolutely adorable. Had a wonderful bed and breakfast feel and awesome company. Location is pretty central for Ponsonby but a little far from the city center of Auckland.

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
22nd Nov 2016

Extremely well run and friendly hostel. Delightful outdoor socialising. Great character.

7th Nov 2016
8.0

Lovely cosy hostel in ponsonby. Garden/living area is really nice. Ponsonby is a really nice area but a bit out of the main city. Also most people staying are staying long term and so it is not that sociable if you are just traveling through. But nice place to relax.

29th Oct 2016

Nice cute little home stay hostel. Very adorable. The room was nice. Only 2 showers and one toilet for the females. We must have come during a family reunion of sorts as we entered the hostel after a day of sightseeing to a kitchen and common room full of people but not one person said hello back to us when we said hi to them... So we just hung out in our room instead. The staff that helped us during the day were nice though! Not their fault the guests at the time were really cold.