Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

I had a great stay at Bru hostel. It was everything you could want from a hostel and all of the staff were wonderful and very helpful. The only down side was the airless kitchen and TV room and lack of courtesy from some of the other guests, but that is life!

Great staff and very good location ! Would have just liked an elevator for very heavy luggage but I guess most people don't travel heavy...

I just had a one night stay to take a flight out in the morning. Hostel was good, clean, friendly staff, and the bar looked fun. I would recommend staying here.

Very pleased with my stay here. The room was clean as were the bathrooms. The kitchen was large and generally clean, but the fridge was a bit of a mess and smelled like someone had left food in there a while. I'm pretty sure that's just a guest not cleaning up after themselves though. The staff were all very friendly and nice and helpful when it came to directions. The hostel is only about a 10 minute walk from downtown and a 5 minute walk from the bus eirann station, which was really nice.

great bar downtairs. good facilites. nice staff. good breakfast.

The location and the staff were great, but the noise from the street at night especially when you need to sleep was off putting

Had a great experience at the hostal 😊 lovely staff and very central. 5 minute walk from town centre and nightlife 😊 only downfall is that the rooms are very small for big groups.

Great central location. Wifi could improve.

Enjoyed my one night stay, however the locals in the bar downstairs were a bit sketchy. I'm glad I met girls to hang out with before going down to the live music night because I would have been nervous sitting alone which I haven't experienced in my travels yet. Otherwise a good stay with a great location, the beds were nice, and the showers were quite private and clean.

Very good choice if you want to spend little money. The room was little but clean, the location is wonderful, as the atmosphere. You'll have also a kitchen well equiped and a very nice pub on the same hostel. I'll came back for sure!

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Spain

It's located really close to the city centre which is great. Staff were friendly and helpful. The place was pretty clean and the bed was comfy. Wifi was fairly average, it would work ok in the main areas but not in the room. It was a bit noisy at night because of the bar below.

The showers were a little strange and the door didn't quite close but otherwise everything was great!

• 17th Sep 2015

There is NO LAUNDRY facility as stated in their listing! The kitchen is nice and stocked, but it and the common room have no windows. Half of the power outlets don't even work and some of them short when you insert a plug. The staff are generally nice and helpful; some let me stay in the common room past closing time to work. "Live music," is not a selling point. It's only garbage cover bands, and they play until 1am or later. Wi-fi is flaky and doesn't reach the rooms. Showers are push button!

The beds are so comfortable, wifi was a bit iffy but everything else was great!

The wifi was terrible.

great staff awesome rooms!

The whole place smells very bad. There was no wifi in the room or even in the corridor. I'm sure it's possible to find better for the money.

Decent. Did the job.

The electricity plugs were not working in our 2 rooms... Really light and not tasty breakfast

I've been to alot of hostels and this one rates lowest in every way. Especially the room. Our twin private ensuite was dismal looking with the atmosphere of a prison. The single glazed window not only let in a cold draft but also every sound imaginable. . Everything else just looked cheap especially the fittings. The worst of all was the cleaner opening our locked door at 10:20am, standing inside and asking if we knew check out was at 11am.. Beyond unbelievable even for a hostel.

• 8th Sep 2015