Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Lovely and lively hostel with friendly and welcoming staff. Rooms were clean and location is good as well, close to the bus and train station and the other sights in the city. Definitely recommend this hostel!

Nice facilities and internet in kitchen (didn't reach to room). Hostel room couldv'e been a little cleaner. Was expecting more than toast and cornflakes for breakfast.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Finland

lovely hostel, very homely feel. The bar downstairs is fun and the location is fantastic!

• 23rd Aug 2015

pretty decent hostel, only one outlet in our room made it a bit difficult to charge our electronics... otherwise a great stay

Pretty pricey for a city like Cork; I understand that it's centrally located and there's a pub underneath, but it seemed a bit steep, particularly since there is only Wifi in the pub and the kitchen/tv rooms. Of course it does get a bit loud at night (the nature of having a pub beneath you) but overall pleasant stay.

Unhelpful staff, very noisy, poor atmosphere.

Friendly and helpful staff, perfect & central location, clean and comfortable rooms, and a very relaxed and welcoming common room with good internet. Highly recommended!

Room very basic

• 16th Aug 2015

I know there is no smoking in the hostel or bar, but it still smelled like smoke. Also the kitchen was dirty, not a place I would want to cook.

Overall happy with stay

• 15th Aug 2015

I was very nice and I is in the City :)

• 15th Aug 2015

Hostel is ok, near city center. We stayed in 4 dorm room and it was ok, much better then few years ago when we were in 6 dorm room. Maybe a better breakfast would be good.

The communal area is pretty off putting and very little space. Music downstairs is not everyones cup of tea therefore not enticing to stay!

• 13th Aug 2015

Nice stay in Bru Bar&Hostel.

The bru bar was lots of fun!! I felt welcomed as soon as i walked through the door! The staff were excellent, full of information and never to busy to help you out! Theres a busy bar downstairs with live music! The rooms are clean and roomy, with an ensuite. The kitchen was well equipped! I would definitely stay again! :)

Very helpful staff and fun atmosphere. Bar noise did not carry to rooms which was nice. Good facilities with ensuite washrooms.

Living room without a window. No breakfast provided by the hostel.

• 7th Aug 2015

A hostel placed in a very good location in Cork City. Free breakfast is nice and there is a lively bar at the entrance which I found to be a great place to unwind and chat to other backpackers. Well recommended.

Very bad wifi reception. Didn't mind the stairs 4 room was great Staff were sensational Recommend if you are not reliant on wifi

Small rooms with quite bad possibilities for really ventilating the room. Despite this you slept good, the staff was friendly and it has by far the cleanest and nicest bathrooms/toilets and kitchen that I've seen! I slept on the 2nd floor so I didn't notice the live music that plays every night until around 12 pm. But one thing that do bothered me a lot was that just outside our window (which had to be kept open because of the heat) there was some sort of ventilator that sounded like a truck!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7