Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Friendly and helpful staff who showed us a map and recommended great things to do. The six bed dorm was tiny but fine for somewhere to sleep. We had two bathrooms on our floor that were cleaned every day. Free breaky, big kitchen, free food cupboard. Good wifi, connection in both the kitchen/TV area and our room which was on the third floor. Bar downstairs with live music and the city centre was a short walk away, great location

Basically, you stay in a closet if you book the six bed room. For the price, I'd hope it would be bigger because the people in our room stunk. Otherwise, the kitchen is nice and well organized.

Nice Central location, about 10 mind to the main shopping district, night clubs etc...... rooms were small... breakfast was just cereal and toast..nothing too fancy, but value for money. It was absolutely worth it..... Would definitely recommend 😊😊😊😊😊

• 5th Dec 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The lack of cleanliness let the place down.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

I stayed there a long time so I could see their evolution. I liked the fact that were at the time introducing a new system for their cards, because before each and every day, you had to go and get your card topped up to get into your room, with new system it was done for the duration of your stay. I love the self service option and choice for it. I am now expecting an email of my invoice from them as I stayed there from 27 October to December 8th and I will let you know more in my final review.

Really enjoyed my stay in Bru hostel. That location for that price is perfect for a weekend away in Cork City

• 29th Nov 2014

Very good value for money. Excellent location, nice staff, comfy mattress. Basic breakfast but for the price I wouldn't expect much more. Besides, they have excellent cooking facilities so no complaints. Well done.

• Poland

It was very nice. We only slept one night there. But one bad thing: The kitchen towels were disgusting and the plates and cups dirty.

• 29th Nov 2014

noisy on friday night with people shouting all night (and mainly from 3 to 5) the room next to us so we could not manage sleeping

• 28th Nov 2014

STILL MY FAVORITE HOSTEL IN CORK, NOT A HOTEL,WHICH IS WHY ITS GREAT. YOU GET TO MEET LOCALS VISITORS AND TOURISTS. IT HAS A BANGING MUSIC SCENE FEATURING CONTEMPERORY MUSICIANS (DONT EXPECT TO HEAR RIVERDANCE OR OTHER TOURISTY STUFF) ITS THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN CORK. IT SHOUALD BE NOTED THAT THE CAPPUCINO HAS IMPROVED SINCE MY LAST STAY (THANK YOU MARIA) AND ALL ROUND GREAT VALUE. IN EVERY REVIEW THERE HAS TOBE A NEGATIVE POINT, I'M WORKIING ON IT, MAYBE I'LL DISCOVER IT ON MY NEXT VISIT

My stay in room 201 was great, clean room and bathroom, nice people. I still have bookings planned. I will keep enjoying the place for a while. The location is good. Bathroom clean as always. Nice people in my room too. I will keep you posted on my next booking too. Good place to meet great people and to live on a low budget. I forgot to mention last time, trhey wash you clothes for 5 euros, and it is really worth it your clothers smell very very good after their wash

So many dodgy looking people hanging around the hostel- I think some of them even live here. Half of the people in the bar down stairs looked like homeless people

just that in room 101 we need soap for the last 3 days and cleaning (bins emptied also). Maybe cos i was alone in the room for 3 days. Usually eveything is perfect, so i can't complain. It is the 1st time this is happening in a month. So i still advise every one to come to Bru, good atmosphere.

Hi Melodie, Apologies that there has been no soap added to your room. As you are still staying here in the hostel it would have been a bit easier to walk down the stairs to leave us know and we given you all you need. Kind regards, Aoife.

The two of reception are very nice people, especially the blue hair girl.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Spain

Staff were mostly cool, hostel attached to a happening music venue of a pub, this was its best feature by far. Rooms were average, kitchen was ok, cleanliness was ok. It was a great place to spend a couple days. Would stay again. Affordable, good value. Cheers.

The staff were very friendly and good craic! They treated us a group of 6 college students so well, even the first night our friend made noise, and a complaint was made about us but the staff handled things very well with us. Very central place and would recommend and go there again! Has all the facilities and massive kitchen! Very safe there as needed a key to get in and there is cameras. Also very clean!

• 21st Nov 2014

When booking online I booked a four bed female only room,and on arrival I got put into a four bed mix room, which wasn't what I paid for or asked for.

• 21st Nov 2014

Hi , I am sorry to read your review and find you weren't happy with the allocation of your booking. I have checked back through your booking records and your booking was for a mixed dorm. This may have been a computer error when you initially booked and for this we apologise. Please, if you are ever coming back this way, contact us directly and we will look after you. To all others, please check all bookings confirmations for possible errors. Good luck and happy travels! Ash McRae

Nice place to stay in city center. Buffet was fine. People were welcoming. I can not complain though I am a picky type. Just avoid rooms on 1st floor if you are a light sleeper. I am a heavy one so that was fine after a while I fell asleep anyway. Nice people there too.

Had a great stay here for a stag weekend. Room was clean and tidy (if a little run-down) but exactly what was needed for a stag weekend.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Very nice hostel, above a cool pub, whih i think makes it really easy to meet other poeple and makes a relaxed athmosfère! The staff is really friendly and the rooms are clean and bright. Would definitely go back!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7