Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

the staff were excellent.

• 10th Jan 2015

Staff were great, really helpful with ideas and locations etc. good bar downstairs with lots of decent beers, also pretty reasonably priced! Had some good live music on a night that we stayed! Nicely located, very short walk from the town! Good hostel, highly recommend.

WIFI wasn't working. Kitchen was filthy. Stayed in a 3 bed private that was clean enough but very squishy. Located on a busy road, so traffic was very noisy all night and the chainsaw at 7am didn't help either.

I found the staff very pleasant & helpful, You notice the clean and tidiness in the Hostel as you walk in and also in the rooms, Very quiet at night time and easy to get a good night(s) sleep, I did not cook there but the kitchen facilities looks good. Live Music in the Bar also. I would recommend to anyone and I will be back there again. Regards Neil Walker.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

It was alright, the showers were annoying having to push the button every 10 seconds otherwise it would turn off. Bathrooms were always dirty and the hostel smelt like pot. Staff were friendly and helpful

The staff were polite but even though they said someone would always be at the front desk if I needed help, there often wasn't. I didn't feel as welcomed by this hostel as I had at others which disappointed me and left me not enjoying my stay in Cork. The wifi didn't always seem to work and the kitchens were quite untidy. The rooms were lovely however and the hostel is close to the bus station and to food. I wouldn't stay there again if given the chance.

Spent only one night. For 15 euro, it's great value for money. Facilities aren't super amazing and the atmosphere was not the best, but if you want better stuff you just have to pay more

This is a hostel with character. Or a bar with beds above it I'd say. A fantastic place to have some beers, meet both locals and backpackers, see some football and enjoy the live music every night. The new key card system is a great improvement. Ronan, Katie, Hugh and other staff members; thank you! Hopefully I'll see you again soon.

Nothing special. Showers and bathroom were clean, but very small and poorly ventilated, and therefor they felt a bit filthy. The lockers under the beds did not function.

Stayed for a night. The bathroom.was clean and the beds comfortable. All that you require of a hostel.

• 19th Dec 2014

The hostel has a great location... That's it! The breakfast is v poor... There is no one responsible for keep a eye on it so its a big mess... I asked for a hairdryer they borrow one but it burned 2 min after I started to use... They didn't have another one so...

Best place to stay in Cork! I'll be back next year!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Friendly and helpful staff who showed us a map and recommended great things to do. The six bed dorm was tiny but fine for somewhere to sleep. We had two bathrooms on our floor that were cleaned every day. Free breaky, big kitchen, free food cupboard. Good wifi, connection in both the kitchen/TV area and our room which was on the third floor. Bar downstairs with live music and the city centre was a short walk away, great location

Basically, you stay in a closet if you book the six bed room. For the price, I'd hope it would be bigger because the people in our room stunk. Otherwise, the kitchen is nice and well organized.

Nice Central location, about 10 mind to the main shopping district, night clubs etc...... rooms were small... breakfast was just cereal and toast..nothing too fancy, but value for money. It was absolutely worth it..... Would definitely recommend 😊😊😊😊😊

• 5th Dec 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The lack of cleanliness let the place down.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

I stayed there a long time so I could see their evolution. I liked the fact that were at the time introducing a new system for their cards, because before each and every day, you had to go and get your card topped up to get into your room, with new system it was done for the duration of your stay. I love the self service option and choice for it. I am now expecting an email of my invoice from them as I stayed there from 27 October to December 8th and I will let you know more in my final review.

Really enjoyed my stay in Bru hostel. That location for that price is perfect for a weekend away in Cork City

• 29th Nov 2014

Very good value for money. Excellent location, nice staff, comfy mattress. Basic breakfast but for the price I wouldn't expect much more. Besides, they have excellent cooking facilities so no complaints. Well done.

• Poland

It was very nice. We only slept one night there. But one bad thing: The kitchen towels were disgusting and the plates and cups dirty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7