Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Open mic night on Mondays is super fun! Great crowd, and inspires good music to keep playing till the wee hours of the morning ! Be ready for a cold shower though! And the rooms are tightly packed, but that encourages people to mingle in the larger rooms or explore the city I think.

Very noisy because the bar under, the atmosphere was not so good, and there was a lot of humidity in the dorms

The rooms were nice, but the kitchen was not kept too clean. Overall, a good hostel experience.

• 5th Feb 2016

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and I had a really good experience. The staff were helpful and gave me a map upon arrival. The rooms were clean and the entire building was pretty secure. The only thing would be the kitchen was pretty gross.

• 5th Feb 2016

The lockers are terrible unless you have a really small bag. The room is very small and the bunks don't have outlets so you have to charge your phone across the room.

• 4th Feb 2016

We have been on the road for 6 months straight now and are really not sure how this place is so highly rated. The room was tiny compared to what we usually get for our money however it was clean enough. The killer here is the kitchen which as others have said is filthy. Really annoying to use in the state it was in and you can be assured alot of the plates and cuttlery will need re-washing before you want to use them. Long termers having heated conversation about religion in common area...yay.

It was so nice sitting in front of the fire after a long day. It would have been nice to have a locker in the room but besides this, everything was great!!

Only for young people. Rooms very little and crowded and not enogh fresh air

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Chile

6 person dorm was really cramped. I switched to a 4 person room with an ensuite and it was much better. Kitchen is a little messy and there really aren't any common areas aside from the eating room. Internet only works on bottom floors and sites like YouTube and Netflix are blocked. Ok for a few nights but any more and I would look elsewhere.

Really annoyed when one day the staff was accepting my DEBIT card, the next day I was refused - was obliged to spend more than €10 per purchase. And the lady didn't make any difference whether it was credit or debit cad. It is good for the business, she said. Really? The first day I spent more than 30 euro. Well done, ladies! And a great attitude. The second day I stopped at the second beer. I moved into another place, where I did enjoy everything. What a shame...

Clean, dry, warm, friendly staff and atmosphere..a little bit weak internet but it's grand overall, will be back;-)

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Poland

I trying to cancel my reservation in website, but is not possible because the cancel option didn't show. I tried to explain in several ways, but do not accept, do not seek to know whether it was a system error same. No one is required to have a phone in the country to make a call if the booking is made online.

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

I spent one night there and have nothing bad to say! Breakfast is included and okay .. nothing special but ok.

- rather small room and bathroom - no sockets in close distcance to the bed - no storing facilities for mobile phones etc near the bed

Not a bad hostel.. beds were comfortable and staff were helpful. Kitchen was kind of dirty and the sink was full of dishes. It seemed that a lot of the people staying at the hostel were there more long term and looking for flats to move into so there wasn't really the same tourist atmosphere, however any of the people I met were very pleasant. Overall, not the best place I've stayed, but it was comfortable and safe.

Awesome locations, really friendly staff, great bar downstairs with great music! We really liked our stay!

We were only here one night but really enjoyed our stay! Conveniently located next to many pubs and restaurants and not far from the city center. Rooms are kinda small, we barely had enough space for everyone's luggage in a 4 bed dorm. The bar downstairs with live music adds a very fun vibe! Would recommend.

Interesting and fun nights at the bar and some good quality sleep during the day in the hostel. The cleaning team even managed to change beds and clean my room without waking me up. Perfection!

I had overall a good staying Clean and great free breakfast Staff is friendly and helpful Rooms are OK. I stayed in the four bed dorm ensuite so was very good

• 31st Dec 2015

Bar was convenient and made for a good atmosphere. Rooms were clean. Kitchen was gross. Breakfast was just cereal and toast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7