Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Bru bar hostel is located on a street that has lots of strip clubs and the like, which wasn't part of their description. They say that smoking isn't allowed but I smelled it several times throughout our one night stay. The kitchen and hangout spaces are extremely small and the sink was full of dirty dishes in one half and scummy water in the other half. The security door to the hostel was also consistently left open allowing anyone access.

• 25th May 2015

It was very clean. The 4 bunk female room had its on bathroom which was nice. Only complaint is that the wifi did not extend into the rooms. I had to sit on the stairs to get wifi.

The lady that helped us was amazingly friendly and very helpful. It was nice having live music every night. Wi-Fi was terrible in the top floor rooms. Also we booked a room for 3 people and we received a room with a bunk bed that had a slightly bigger bottom bed so two of us had to share a bed and comforter for the two nights. Breakfast was good but kept running out of food and not restocking.

The staff was very friendly and helpful! We spend a night in the bar and had a great time! Would recommend it to anyone.

Location is perfect Room was very clean. I saw their cleaning system this system is trustable You can get discount when you drink beer Just bring your card to bar I can recommend to you I stayed here 2 times

A three person bedroom for two: too expansive, with no room/bedsheets for the third. Super clean, cool staff, a little loud because of generator that turned on at night! Perfect for party people, and if you don't need a lot of sleep! Would love to come back, though.

• 15th May 2015

All in all, I find that the stay was pleasant and the staff were really great, however I only stayed at Bru Bar & Hostel for one night, and that was enough. The window did not close, so there was a gap letting the Irish weather inside the room, making it very cold. My head was 30cm from the window, so I did not feel great the day after. This was also amplified by the loud music throughout the night (a Monday) which boomed through the open window. Conclusion. Fix the window: solve problems!

• 13th May 2015
  • Sweden

It was a good place all in all. Staff were friendly, place was relatively clean. Close to the station and down town area. Everything you need is there, nothing too fancy but it all worked!

Excellent location. On top of a bar which was surprisingly not as loud as we thought it would be. Was surprised that the bar was filled with regulars and locals, not hostel guests. Atmosphere wasn't great for meeting people. Luggage storage in rooms, but not too secure. Would be pretty easy to steal. Plugs in the room. En suite bathroom, but in a room of 6 people there was a lot of waiting for others.

No wifi in the rooms !

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were quite small but comfortable and clean. We had some trouble with the wifi and the locking storage under the bed was a bit tricky to use but these are pretty minor problems. It was nice to be able to pop down to the bar for a drink and some live music especially since you couldn't hear the bar from our room at all. The location is fantastic - so close to the bus stop. A pretty standard hostel that I would stay at again.

Loved this hostel. Can't rate it highly enough. Everything was awesome. Although the wifi was sometimes scetchy.

probleme with wifi at the top of the building !!

• 8th May 2015

Nice location, easy to find from the bus station. Front desk was helpful and always staffed. Room was a little cramped and there were quite a few of us sharing one bathroom, but manageable. We were able to leave our luggage over the bar after check out.

Brilliant location, friendly and fun loving staff!

• 4th May 2015

Good place to crash, nice they give you breakfast! Bar was quiet after 12 so no issues sleeping. Staff are very nice and helpful. Room was clean and fresh.

It was soooo noisy. I couldn't sleep last night. But the staff was nice.

• 3rd May 2015
  • South Korea

We were only at the hostel for a short overnight stay, so Bru bar was definitely adequate for that. Everything was fine, no problems, although the breakfast staff were a bit rude to us.

Good hostel! I stayed in the hostel only one night, but I really enjoyed my stay there. Staff, location, atmosphere, cleanliness very good!! I only think that should have lockers in the room. William Calado

• 30th Apr 2015

The hostel is located central to Cork city - which is very helpful. The guy in the bar was very nice and chatted with us and gave us some tipps. The hostel was good but the kitchen was very dirty. All in all it was okay for one night - but we slept in other hostels for less money and better values.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5