Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Awesome variety on the live music down in the bar. All the staff were friendly and helpful, especially the managers

The staff was excellent, very very friendly and helpful. However, the dorm-room and kitchen area were sub-par and not very clean. As a result we opted to lose money and not stay for the second night booked. There was no way to look up valuables in the room and the bathroom had silverfish bugs all over the place. The kitchen did not seem to be very clean and the milk tasted kind of funny. This hostel seemed to be way overpriced for what we got in comparison to other hostels we stayed at.

Incredible location close to the city center, public transportation and other tourist attractions, the bar below is a great time with live music every night, but if the bar isn't your scene you won't be bothered by it! Very clean and comfortable place to stay with cages under beds to store your things! They even offer a laundry service for €5, which we took advantage of. When you stay you get a discount at the bar and a few restaurants close by! Can't recommend this place enough!!

• 15th Sep 2014

There wasn't anything special about this hostel, one swipe pad never worked and wifi was a joke. Don't expect any signal in your room, you have to stay in the kitchen/tv room(not all bad as you meet people that way.)

• 15th Sep 2014

Very unusual hostel, enjoyed it here thoroughly! Very clean rooms, a bit noisy though (but what hostel isn't?).

Great location, and a nice bar downstairs with cheap beer- not so easy to find in Ireland! Doors were a bit flimsy, some were just left open and unlocked. Only one bathroom for 3 dorms to use. Good, well-stocked kitchen. Would recommend!

Good location and very handy having an in house bar

Before booking, I rang to check on the information on the web site about Aussies getting 10% off when showing our passport,they said that was true just show us upon arrival. When we arrived the lady was rather rude and said we couldn't have the discount as the hostel was booked out! I wasn't impressed as I went out of my way to double check we could have discount to be told "not today" I wouldn't stay here again. Not the worst but not the best.

Hi, Thats horrific! I have refunded the 10% discount to your card. So sorry! The staff member probably had a bad day and was having trouble in the being nice department. We will chat. Best of luck Ash McRae Manager.

Good location near bars and restaurants. Parking is down the street at the train station and costs 9 euros per 24 hrs. Breakfast is very basic with white bread or cereal. Very basic hostel that offers a 10% discount at the bar downstairs.

Good hostel. Unfortuanetely it is in a bit of a sketchy area, but it is close to the city center. The staff is very nice and in the bar downstairs takes place a different event every day of the week.

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome !!! Best hostel ever in Cork !!!!

• 8th Sep 2014

Wifi was awful and the computers were terribly slow. It's your average hostel, for the moneybit was no better or worse then the others we stayed in.

Did the job but not much atmosphere and the staff were not unfriendly but neither were they particularly welcoming.

Nice hostel with nice bar; everything was very clean. I would stay again!

Great venue and lovely staff. Enjoyed my night there and the bar is always good fun. Thanks to the girls for the lovely sausage BBQ and I know eating is cheating but the food smelled to nice. Overall the venue is very good but the staff make the place a home away from home. Cheers

Location was great, atmosphere was great. They held a free BBQ downstairs which was a nice addition and the bar was a great place as well. My only complaint was the rooms were way too small to fit four people into. Would stay here again!

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting a friend. I had forgotten to swap my key one day and therefore it didn't work when I came back to the hostel at 11:30. The worker inside let me in and kindly gave me a new key. The day I left I had to catch a bus at 7 a.m. therefore I wouldn't have made breakfast in time. The guy on reception fixed up some quick breakfast for me which I really appreciated as I was due for a 3 hour bus journey...all in all I would recommend this place.

• 6th Sep 2014

Key card very unsadisfactory, worked only half the time.

• 3rd Sep 2014

wifi didnt work!!!

Room was small and there was just one toilet and shower for everybody. Good for one night sleeping, but not for longer...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7