Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Very unorganised. I have experienced a few mistakes from the staff who never apologise. They left my stuff in the pub and put them in a garbage because they thought that I didn't pay for the stay. I was able to prove they were wrong thanks to the bill... And let me go back to my room and take back my stuff by myself to the third floor...

• 24th Aug 2014

Good atmosphere and very well located. The internet, however, was barely working and our specific room had noise from the bar till 5pm...

• 22nd Aug 2014

4 bed dorm room quite small, tall travelling buddy's feet were touching the other roomates feet across bunks when sleeping.

The daytime staff was really good but the nightshift guy was a bit more than rude.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

I was here just for 1 night but it looked like a nice hostel. Room and bathroom were clean as well.

Clean place, our room wasn't too noisy even with the bar downstairs. Nicely equipped kitchen and a comfy common room. We were exhausted from traveling so we didn't go to the bar but it looked like a nice place to hang out! Great location right by the bus stop made a day trip to blarney castle very easy.

First time ever in a hostel enjoyed it was a bit noisy but above a pub so can't argue. Would defo go back.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

I enjoyed staying here for the weekend. It was close to the tour offices and eating. I felt safe and liked the bar downstairs. I had one big issue with the girls staying in my room and I talked with the manager in the morning and he was great! He was able to act on the situation and then refunded my money for that nights stay. I didn't expect that and it was a great gesture. Very happy with it!

The hostel was nice, the problem were the boys in the room next to us... But the important thing was the hostel and was a great value for money. If I come back to Cork I'll stay there!

Our stay at the Bru Bar&Hostel was short but nice. We stayed for one night and enjoyed the live music at the bar in the evening. The staff was very helpful (we printed our boardcards there with some difficulties, but they were really nice). The breakfast was a little sparse, but ok. I can really recommend the Hostel.

very cool hostel with a bar downstairs (can be loud at nite, as there is live music every evening). people there were very friendly and our room was clean!

I had a very good time at this hostel, the rooms are cleans and the beds confortables. Just one thing : you have to take your breakfast outside the hostel or go find provisions. Definitely a good place to stay while visiting the countryside !

• 12th Aug 2014

To less space in the rooms

Very friendly staff. Great location. Wi-Fi not available on 3rd floor rooms. After reading the comments left from other guests during my reservation, I was somewhat disappointed with the atmosphere that I found.

The best hostel so far to meet People

Bru Bar in Cork is excellent - the beds are comfortable, the staff is fantastic, and the atmosphere couldn't be better. Open Mic night laid a few eggs, but that only added to the experience. I'd definitely recommend staying here.

Yeah was good. Bar is pretty decent yet grimey. Has a pool table. Everyone was friendly. Bar opens till late... Really late. Really really late. Would stay again... But can't see myself ever going back to cork.

The amenities are very basic. I only stayed for one night so I didn't have the full experience but the entrance was through the bar since the other entrance was BLOCKED by bar patrons. It felt a bit cramped and a bit loud down there.

It was very disgusting that the bedding was not changed when new guests arrived.

This is an amazing hostel! The staff are extremely helpful and the location is close to what you'll need to see. I was travelling alone and I was able to meet a great bunch of people my first night there. I also felt very safe there. I have nothing bad to say about this hostel other than the commons area is only open till 12 but the bar is open late! I would highly recommend this hostel!