Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

I really enjoyed my stay in the bru bar hostel, the staff was very nice and helpful , if i visit Cork again , i will definitely stay in the same hostel :)

This looked like a great place - it's run by kiwis so it has to be!!! Unfortunately, I was only here for one night and exhausted! I would definitely come back here again cause I wanna see what I missed out on!

The kitchen was very messy. Other then, all were good!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Seem more concerned with running a good bar not a hostel. No huge red flags just nothing great.

Hostel was excellent and the staff were very friendly

• 18th Dec 2015

Good location close to bus and train station. Staff are nice and helpful, and the bar downstairs is always lively. The bathroom in the room was always clean, though plugs by the beds and lockers would be a good addition. The guests are a bit of a mix - not all travellers - but all nice and I had no problem with this. I would stay again if I was in Cork.

The hostel was perfect for our needs. Really clean and bright and the beds were super comfy. My boyfriend and I got a good laugh out of sleeping in bunk beds :) ! Great buzz in the bar downstairs, if we hadn't already had plans we would definitely been happy to hang out there.

• 12th Dec 2015

New Zealander owns this place therefore run like a dream. Has everything you need and more, great experience.

Nice staff, music, good location, however it's little noisy night time eventhough Monday. So if you like night life, this hostel will be best

Awesome stay, great vibes and beautiful people. Perfect Corkonian stay

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Great staff! They gave really good advice and were very helpful. The pub downstairs was really fun it is a bit more expensive than the normal hostel but overall the best option in Cork.

The luggage closet was not very secured, anyone from the hostel could have access to it without supervison from the staff. Concerning the staff, they told us that we could have discount at the bar of the hostel, however they did not mention that it didn't concern all the drinks.

The rooms were extremely dirty and poorly kept. They were also very small with no storage. It was shocking that it had such a high rating on this website, I wouldn't recommend staying there to anyone.

Everything was good but the kitchen is a mess! And having only one toilet & shower for 6 persons is annoying.

Bru was great! The hostel is in an excellent location, and the staff are INCREDIBLE. My only complaints were 1) the noise--they have live music every night, which sometimes you can hear from your room, and 2) the shower--ours had a button that you pressed, and water would come out for about 20 seconds before you had to press it again. Both of these were minor inconveniences in comparison to the excellent customer service, location, and facilities! DEFINITELY stay at Bru!

This hostel was located in town but a ways from the city center. The location seemed shady and the hostel was dirty. It was located above a bar which I thought would be cool. Well it was a dive and we heard loud music in our room all night. Over all I would say avoid this hostel, even more so avoid Cork all together. It's not a nice town from what I have seen and heard from Irish across the country.

Excellent staff, brilliant kitchen and great location! Had I really good time !

• 24th Nov 2015

Great hostel, friendly staff in a great location. Would defiantly recommend.

Really lovely, helpful staff. The hostel has a well-equipped kitchen and a common area with a TV, which was appreciated. The four-bed dorm I was in was a bit cramped and didn't have many plug sockets, but wasn't too much of an issue because the hostel wasn't busy at that time of year.

Great hostel, much fun, everyday live music in the bar, just perfect. Appreciated my stay!!!

• 22nd Nov 2015