Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Good breakfast, nice bar

Very clean, good service, good value, good location. Thanks!

Bar downstairs, use a key card to get into hostel area. Wifi only works in bar and sometimes in the kitchen. Room was small, but that's irrelevant since you want to be seeing the sights right?? Location is close to city center, 5 minute walk. Close to bus and train station.

needs an extra WC for when people are showering in the ensuit, no lockers, but staff is ok and bar downstairs is nice

The bar underneath is great especially when they have lock ins for the residents, showers had a push start and only one temperature and it was way to hot, wifi in rooms is good and the breakfast is fine, kitchen is big and they have lots of stuff to add to your meals

Disgraceful. Filthy.

• 28th Aug 2014

Nice hostel with a pub downstairs. Very nice staff. Location is pretty good, because there are a lot of food places around. City center is close to walk.

Great stay at a nice hostel. Very good atmosphere especially if you're up for a bit of 'craic' etc. The bar is quite nice and always plenty of interesting people to meet even for the solo traveler. Recommended!

• 25th Aug 2014

Very unorganised. I have experienced a few mistakes from the staff who never apologise. They left my stuff in the pub and put them in a garbage because they thought that I didn't pay for the stay. I was able to prove they were wrong thanks to the bill... And let me go back to my room and take back my stuff by myself to the third floor...

• 24th Aug 2014

Lively nightlife. The bar downstairs stays open really late and usually has great live music. We stayed at a different hostel the following night (due to unavailability at BruBar) but we still came back to hang out at the bar downstairs. Met some cool people.. Great breakfast and ensuite facilities

Good atmosphere and very well located. The internet, however, was barely working and our specific room had noise from the bar till 5pm...

• 22nd Aug 2014

4 bed dorm room quite small, tall travelling buddy's feet were touching the other roomates feet across bunks when sleeping.

The daytime staff was really good but the nightshift guy was a bit more than rude.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

I was here just for 1 night but it looked like a nice hostel. Room and bathroom were clean as well.

Clean place, our room wasn't too noisy even with the bar downstairs. Nicely equipped kitchen and a comfy common room. We were exhausted from traveling so we didn't go to the bar but it looked like a nice place to hang out! Great location right by the bus stop made a day trip to blarney castle very easy.

First time ever in a hostel enjoyed it was a bit noisy but above a pub so can't argue. Would defo go back.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

I enjoyed staying here for the weekend. It was close to the tour offices and eating. I felt safe and liked the bar downstairs. I had one big issue with the girls staying in my room and I talked with the manager in the morning and he was great! He was able to act on the situation and then refunded my money for that nights stay. I didn't expect that and it was a great gesture. Very happy with it!

The hostel was nice, the problem were the boys in the room next to us... But the important thing was the hostel and was a great value for money. If I come back to Cork I'll stay there!

Our stay at the Bru Bar&Hostel was short but nice. We stayed for one night and enjoyed the live music at the bar in the evening. The staff was very helpful (we printed our boardcards there with some difficulties, but they were really nice). The breakfast was a little sparse, but ok. I can really recommend the Hostel.

very cool hostel with a bar downstairs (can be loud at nite, as there is live music every evening). people there were very friendly and our room was clean!