Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Cool hostel with live musique every nights.

Very clean and tidy hostel with nice kitchen and good TV-room. Seperate bathrooms with shower, toilet and sink - the best bit of privacy you can get in a hostel. The beds are comfortable and have a little box for your clothes and suitcases beneath. Bru is not only a hostel but a bar, too. It's not particulary cozy but nice to visit anyway - they have live music every night. Between Sudays and Thursdays you can have your drinks for 10% off. Nice offer.

My stay here was incredible. 100% recommendation to everyone. The hostel rooms themselves were a bit cramped, but extremely tidy. Staff was some of the best I've ever encountered in all my travels; the type that you find drinking with guests&locals after their shift. Live music was awesome as well. It is a bar/hostel, so be prepared for the little noises that travel up to the next floor. Couldn't have asked for a cooler hostel in Cork!

The hostel doesn't have laundry facilities itself. You can't wash your clothes in it. And if it's sunday don't try to find any laundry in town, it's useless.

the live band perform at night on 1st floor which made terrible noise for 2 nights, I won't suggest staying at this hostel for people who need a quite place for getting sleep. not good experience.

Discounts in local food vendors is very good 50% of Dominos across the road absolute bargain, health nuts might like the discounts. Great location

I had an awesome experience here! The atmosphere is definitely not for families or recluses though because it's above a pub, but because of that I ended up meeting some really great people!! The staff here are also SO great, I had lost my room key and even though she wasn't actually working, Efa went out of her way to get me another one at like midnight so I could get into my room! The only thing about this place that I didn't like was that there wasn't any security for your stuff in the room.

The staff were very nice and really helpful pointing out the important places to see in Cork and how to get to Blarney Castle. They let us store our bags before and after check in and checkout which was great. The kitchen was pretty big and had everything you would need to cook. The room was a little small, and the lockers under the beds did not have the second piece attached so you couldn't lock it. Otherwise it was a nice hostel and conveniently located near the train station.

would love to see a hostel with clean bathrooms, and decent towels. All in all, I loved the people that worked at Bru. THey were worth the stay many times over. THe location couldnt be easier for travelers without personal vehicles. And for a hostel, we were able to cook a decent meal with the assorted kitchen equipment we found

• 27th Jul 2015

Good security and location. Staff was friendly. Didn't really use the facilities but everything was good.

Great Location being above a bar but plan for a lot of stairs walking

The music at the bar under the hostel is quite loud, so if you have a room in the first floor as we did you hear everything. Luckily it stopped both nights around midnight. The cleanliness if the kitchen was ok for breakfast even if the atmosphere was strange because there is only one table in the kitchen and the others have to go to the living room next door to eat. The cleanliness of the room was average with some hairs laying arou The location is ok, about 10 minutes to the city center.

Bru bar & hostel is nice, when I arrived there was live music and a lot of people in the bar, it was a warm welcome. The room was clean and big enough. The bathroom was clean and the breakfast was ok. The location is perfect, Cork is not that big.

It was a serviceable hostel. Nothing particularly bad but the building is old, so although the staff clean it everyday it is not in the greatest condition. There is a bar downstairs which didn't bother me, but it did bug a room mate, so if you want absolute quiet don't stay here. The one flaw i found was that the common room has no external window so you feel a little starved for air. Otherwise as i said a serviceable hostel 😊

Staff very friendly, cooking possibilty is great, but rooms are Very poorly equipped and if you are not interested in drinking you should perhaps choose another accomodation.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Even thought there is a bar downstairs you don’t hear it in the rooms. The kitchen is not so clean, but otherwise good hostel.

The hostel was okay, our room was really small though & there was no ac/fan in our room & since summertime that was more than unpleasant. The bar downstairs is a nice feature, it's quite expensive though & I personally didn't like the vibe of it but that might just be me. Small & decent breakfast which was fine. I only stayed for 2 nights so I was fine, can't really expect too much for that price in high season.

The first night the fire alarm went off at 2 am . No one from management told us it was ok to go back to sleep. The guy off reception was "twisted" drunk. Not sure if he was on or off work at that hour buy walking around up the stairs

The main thing to know is this is a bar. They had live music when we stayed there and it is loud and penetrates into the room, so if you are bothered by loud music and aren't going to bed late, the place is very nice.

The live musik is making fun. It is nice to sit around in the bar. The room has everything you need. You can cook your owne Dinner (if you buy most of the ingredients yourself). Wifi whoop. You can come and go however it will please you.

• 15th Jul 2015