Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

I booked a room with an attached bathroom and did not get what I booked. The bathroom was down a hall, but the point of advertising as an attached bathroom is that you don't need to find your key in the morning. I wouldn't stay unless it was the cheapest room in Cork. The bed was actually a thin piece of foam and not a mattress :(. Stayed for 4 days. Not worth it.

Was a really great place to stay, good location and great atmostphere make a good combination.

Convenient location. Very accommodating staff.................great Super Bowl party in the pub. Only issue was the broken bathroom door knob in room #103, but all else was well.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Clean hostel. Breakfast was ok, the usual. Good location.

I have been travelling around Ireland on and off for 3 months now, and unfortunately Bru Bar hostel in Cork was the worst experience I have had. The room was dirty with loads of cobwebs and spiders all over the room. We booked a private ensuite for 3 people, but the bathroom indeed was not ensuite and the bunk bed could never fit 3 people comfortably. The room stunk real bad and opening the window didn't help. The staff was never at the desk when we needed our door card changed.

This was my third time staying in the Bru Hostel and I was so pleased with it that I brought my friends along

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

very close to the bus station, nice staff and helpful.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

I stayed at the Bru Hostel for three nights and really enjoyed my stay. It's in a good location, very close to both the bus and train stations, and a quick five minute walk to the Cork city center. The rooms were a tad small, but there was a nice common area/ kitchen, which was great for hanging out. The staff was very helpful and there were luggage lockers under the bunks. It was a very social hostel, with people always hanging out in the common room, which I loved! Would stay here again!

Great place to stay. Staff are lovely!!!

Does the job.

Very good place to stay, quiet at night, clean bathrooms, very friendly staff and nice pub downstairs. There ist nothing to complain about.

I planned to stay for 3 nights but only stayed for one. It wasn't because of the hostel but in the end i was glad i didn't have to stay longer. when i turned on the water in the bathroom it started really brown... and when i had my breakfast in the kitchen, it was a tiny room with a round table and only 4 chairs. are there not more people staying there? the other bad thing was, always when you wanted to get back to the hostel you had to go through the bar... would't really recomend it now...

It's a very good Hostel. Excellent location. .close to city centre and easy access. I'd come back to that hostel.

Perfect location and great atmosphere. The rooms needed a good vacuum but otherwise pretty sanitised. Our stuff wasn't completely ready when we got there late but otherwise good. Really enjoyed cork on a whole and would recommend staying here. Rooms were small

We had a nice stay in the hostel with clean beds and a good bathroom.

• 13th Dec 2013

great location. great price. near all the happening spots in cork. extremely close to the bus and train station will stay again . the only negative was the cappuccino in the bar could have been better, although the beer choice was excellent

It was very nice and a good price.

• 11th Dec 2013

it was a nice pleasant to stay good people staying in it n the staff were excellent

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Scotland

I wasn't that impressed with Bru. I was in a 6 bed dorm with 'shared bathrooms', but the 'shared bathroom' was a single, basically shared between the 3 rooms on the floor. The room itself was cramped for 6 people, with no lockers to store your belongings. Add to that that it was a SAUNA in the room, and we were all uncomfortable overnight. The staff was helpful, and the bar downstairs is a great place to start off the night, but in the end, I'd look elsewhere when in Cork...

Friendly staff, Australian/NZ discount given even after we booked on here. Bar downstairs is lively, common room is nice upstairs kitchen fine

• 1st Dec 2013