Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Great spot to stay if you are looking for somewhere to crash for a weekend out partying! The place was very warm and friendly. The staff are helpful and the location is excellent!

• 30th Nov 2013

The staff were really friendly and helpful and suggested places for my friend and I to visit. It's in a great location, a few minutes walk from the bus station, the centre of town and the Paddy Wagon tour office. Evenings at the Bru Bar were great, the music and atmosphere were fantastic. I'll be recommending this place to my friends.

We booked a room for 3 persons and instead of 3 beds we got 2, of which one was just about 20cm wider than the other. This doesn't fit 2 adults comfortably, a bed like this can't be sold as a double.

We stayed in the hostel for eight nights, everything was great but the staff was excellent, helpful in every way possible.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Croatia

Room had wood floors, was en suite, and had a small desk and chair. 5 euro to hire a towel , 3 returned when the towel is. Cheap and fast to get laundry done. Breakfast was only two kinds of cereal, toast, and coffee or tea. The common room/eating area was small in comparison to the amount of people staying. There was a computer connected to the internet free for using. Cheap bar specials for food and drinks. During the weekend the bar music could be heard in the rooms. Overall it was a freindly

We loved our stay. We had thought the hostel served food though and they didn't when asked but they provide excellent discounts with some places in town and allowed us to eat our takeaway pizza in the bar.

good common room, nice atmosphere.

It was very nice! I would like to come back!

would stay here again,atmosphere was awesome along with the location,bathrooms were a little unclean but everything else was good!

great staff, great location, great bar downstairs, super clean.. everything needed from a hostel

Good position:easy to reach from bus and train station. Continental breakfast with cereals, tea and coffee, toasts, jams. Nice and helpfull staff.

• 6th Nov 2013

The Tv was broken in the lounge and no one even tried to fix it. We asked the guy who worked there to fix it, but he never came back and did it. The staff were very unhelpful. The rooms were ok, but smelt very very bad, and there is no age limit on the hostel so seems to attract old men. Wouldn't feel safe traveling alone there. There is a bar downstairs which has live music every night, and good that you cant hear this from the rooms.

We had a great stay. The room was small but very clean. The bar had great music - loved open mic night. The hostel is just across the river for the main part of town, but everything is very walkable. Staff were helpful.

It is safe in terms of access, doors, but should have proper lockers in rooms. Please! Put tea, sugar and salt in kitchen. It is inexpensive. It is a pain to have to buy salt for cooking something a couple of times. The quality of the internet is low. I couldn't do internet calls because of the huge delay, nor I could work on my computer (real work, not just browsing the internet). The linen and rooms are always clean (thanks morning ladies). +sockets in rooms. Tideal would be near bedLight

There were cages under the beds to put your bags but when I left my stuff with the front desk the next day so I could explore the city they just put it without a tag on a high rack and just asked me to point to mine when I came back, so anybody could go in there and ask them to grab a random bag. They're located right by tons of food and the bus station which is super convenient to get around. Downstairs in the bar is a pub vibe but you have to invite yourself to meet anyone. Bathroom needs work

Great place with a great vibe! Wifi was a bit wonky which was inconvenient and the breakfast can have more than toast and cereal but it was good none the less. Though an older building the staff kept the place clean and our stay was great.

Good location, 2 mins from bus station. Good wifi, nice pub downstairs, good kitchen and common room, simple free breakfast. Would recommend.

It's a hostel. It's a pub. It's Ireland! What more do you need to know?

Very nice and helpful staff :) It's very easy to meet new people at the hostel!

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Finland

i had a wonderful stay there for the jazz festival weekend, my friends can say the same .. would definitely stay again, the only down fall was how rude one of the kitchen staff were when i we went down for breakfast but other than that i really enjoyed it

• 27th Oct 2013