Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Key card very unsadisfactory, worked only half the time.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Hi Maurice, I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with your key card. We are currently undergoing an extensive upgrade of our door systems, and we hope to eliminate any problems such as the one you experienced in the very near future. I hope that despite this you enjoyed your stay here with us :-) Kind regards, Maria

wifi didnt work!!!

Hi Iago, Sorry to hear that you were having problems with the wifi while you were here. We have recently updated our wifi so that it now works efficiantly throughout the whole hostel. We hope to see you agian at some stage if you are ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria

Room was small and there was just one toilet and shower for everybody. Good for one night sleeping, but not for longer...

Hi Dominika, Most of our rooms are 4 bed dorms ensuite. To have one toilet / shower between four people is really the standard for most hostels. To have a shower / toilet per person is just not feasible. I hope you enjoyed your stay all the same :-) Kind regards, Maria.

Good breakfast, nice bar

Hi Laura, Thank's for taking the time to write a reveiw! I hope you had a great stay here with us, and we hope to see again should you ever be back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria

Very clean, good service, good value, good location. Thanks!

Hi Amanda, Thanks for the great reveiw! Really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and we hope to see you again at some stage if you are ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria

Bar downstairs, use a key card to get into hostel area. Wifi only works in bar and sometimes in the kitchen. Room was small, but that's irrelevant since you want to be seeing the sights right?? Location is close to city center, 5 minute walk. Close to bus and train station.

Hi Adam, Thank's for taking the time to write a reveiw. We have updated our wifi so it now works throughout the hostel :-) I hope you enjoyed your stay here with us, and we hope to see you again at some point if you are ever back in Cork. Kind regards, Maria

needs an extra WC for when people are showering in the ensuit, no lockers, but staff is ok and bar downstairs is nice

The bar underneath is great especially when they have lock ins for the residents, showers had a push start and only one temperature and it was way to hot, wifi in rooms is good and the breakfast is fine, kitchen is big and they have lots of stuff to add to your meals

Disgraceful. Filthy.

• 28th Aug 2014

Nice hostel with a pub downstairs. Very nice staff. Location is pretty good, because there are a lot of food places around. City center is close to walk.

Great stay at a nice hostel. Very good atmosphere especially if you're up for a bit of 'craic' etc. The bar is quite nice and always plenty of interesting people to meet even for the solo traveler. Recommended!

• 25th Aug 2014

Hi Brian, Thanks for the great review! Really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and we hope to see you again at some point in the future if you ar ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria

Very unorganised. I have experienced a few mistakes from the staff who never apologise. They left my stuff in the pub and put them in a garbage because they thought that I didn't pay for the stay. I was able to prove they were wrong thanks to the bill... And let me go back to my room and take back my stuff by myself to the third floor...

• 24th Aug 2014

Hi Marie, I'm very sorry that you experienced some unpleasantness during your stay. Unfortunately sometimes mistakes do happen, but my apologies if the staff were not as helpfull (and apologetic) as they should have been. If you are ever back in Cork please do pop in for a drink (on the house!) Hopefully we'll see you at soem stage during the future. All the best, Maria.

Lively nightlife. The bar downstairs stays open really late and usually has great live music. We stayed at a different hostel the following night (due to unavailability at BruBar) but we still came back to hang out at the bar downstairs. Met some cool people.. Great breakfast and ensuite facilities

Hi Jenna, Thanks for the great reveiw :-) We're glad you had such a good time here, and we hope to see you again if you're ever back in Cork! All the best, Maria.

Good atmosphere and very well located. The internet, however, was barely working and our specific room had noise from the bar till 5pm...

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hi Cornelis, Thanks for taking the time for a reveiw. Sometimes the internet can be a little slow during peak times, due to high usage! I'm sorry to hear that you're room was noisy. Sometimes people don't want to stop partying..and time gets away from them, I apologise if it was a bit much. I hope despite this, you enjoyed your stay here with us :-) And if you're ever back in Cork, we hope to see you again. All the best, Maria.

4 bed dorm room quite small, tall travelling buddy's feet were touching the other roomates feet across bunks when sleeping.

Hi Caroline, I'm sorry to hear that you were in one of the smaller rooms. I hope you and your friend still had a great time (despite the unintentional footsie!) If you're ever back with us again, we'll make sure to put you in a bigger room :-) Have a great trip, and perhaps we shall see you again at some stage in the future. All the best, Maria

The daytime staff was really good but the nightshift guy was a bit more than rude.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Hi Mohammed, I'm sorry that you encountered one of the staff members on what must have been a bad night! I hope that you enjoyed your stay here with us despite this, and we hope to see you again at some stage in the future if you are ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

I was here just for 1 night but it looked like a nice hostel. Room and bathroom were clean as well.

HI Andrea, Thanks for taking the tme to write a reveiw. If you are ever back in Cork in the future we hope to see you again :-) Kind regards, Maria

Clean place, our room wasn't too noisy even with the bar downstairs. Nicely equipped kitchen and a comfy common room. We were exhausted from traveling so we didn't go to the bar but it looked like a nice place to hang out! Great location right by the bus stop made a day trip to blarney castle very easy.

Hi Emma, I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and perhaps if you are ever back in Cork again, you can pop in for a pint :-) Kind regards, Maria.

First time ever in a hostel enjoyed it was a bit noisy but above a pub so can't argue. Would defo go back.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

HI David, Thanks for the reveiw. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again at some stage in the future :-) Kind regards, Maria

I enjoyed staying here for the weekend. It was close to the tour offices and eating. I felt safe and liked the bar downstairs. I had one big issue with the girls staying in my room and I talked with the manager in the morning and he was great! He was able to act on the situation and then refunded my money for that nights stay. I didn't expect that and it was a great gesture. Very happy with it!

Hi Erika, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here over all. And I'm happy to hear that whatever the unpleasant issue was, it was dealt with, and you were happy with the result! If you are ever back in Cork again we hope to see you :-) Kind regards, Maria.