Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Great location, easy access from bus station and to the city center.

The wifi only works in common area, which is filthy. Also breakfast was never restocked and the eating area was a mess. Room was incredibly tiny.

Great thanks

Love the Bru bar!

Went for two nights with a group of lads. Great spot, excellent staff, no frills but certainly served the purpose. Good bar too.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Small room, took me a while to close the big clumsy sach window that made the room cold. Was fine as somewhere just to sleep for the night. Not the worst place I've been in. Overpriced for what it was.

Nice place. We stayed on a Monday so there was not much happening. There seemed to be a lot of live in students and also older guests as well. That's not a big deal however it was awkward when we got up hung over to get our breakfast and there were others in the room studying or checking over their spreadsheets before work

This ia a well run hostel, close to the city. Very clean. Good entertainment most evenings.Though luggage left can be on a trust basis...

• 17th Jan 2015

the staff were excellent.

• 10th Jan 2015

Staff were great, really helpful with ideas and locations etc. good bar downstairs with lots of decent beers, also pretty reasonably priced! Had some good live music on a night that we stayed! Nicely located, very short walk from the town! Good hostel, highly recommend.

WIFI wasn't working. Kitchen was filthy. Stayed in a 3 bed private that was clean enough but very squishy. Located on a busy road, so traffic was very noisy all night and the chainsaw at 7am didn't help either.

I found the staff very pleasant & helpful, You notice the clean and tidiness in the Hostel as you walk in and also in the rooms, Very quiet at night time and easy to get a good night(s) sleep, I did not cook there but the kitchen facilities looks good. Live Music in the Bar also. I would recommend to anyone and I will be back there again. Regards Neil Walker.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

It was alright, the showers were annoying having to push the button every 10 seconds otherwise it would turn off. Bathrooms were always dirty and the hostel smelt like pot. Staff were friendly and helpful

The staff were polite but even though they said someone would always be at the front desk if I needed help, there often wasn't. I didn't feel as welcomed by this hostel as I had at others which disappointed me and left me not enjoying my stay in Cork. The wifi didn't always seem to work and the kitchens were quite untidy. The rooms were lovely however and the hostel is close to the bus station and to food. I wouldn't stay there again if given the chance.

Spent only one night. For 15 euro, it's great value for money. Facilities aren't super amazing and the atmosphere was not the best, but if you want better stuff you just have to pay more

This is a hostel with character. Or a bar with beds above it I'd say. A fantastic place to have some beers, meet both locals and backpackers, see some football and enjoy the live music every night. The new key card system is a great improvement. Ronan, Katie, Hugh and other staff members; thank you! Hopefully I'll see you again soon.

Nothing special. Showers and bathroom were clean, but very small and poorly ventilated, and therefor they felt a bit filthy. The lockers under the beds did not function.

Stayed for a night. The bathroom.was clean and the beds comfortable. All that you require of a hostel.

• 19th Dec 2014

The hostel has a great location... That's it! The breakfast is v poor... There is no one responsible for keep a eye on it so its a big mess... I asked for a hairdryer they borrow one but it burned 2 min after I started to use... They didn't have another one so...

Best place to stay in Cork! I'll be back next year!

• 12th Dec 2014