Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Great Place with the best Craic

I stayed in this hostel a few years ago and remembered it being much better before. I've stayed in A LOT of hostels and this is definitely one of the worse ones. The location is decent, and there are a few nice bars/restaurants on the same street. No lift, problems with the room keys, no functioning lockers or places to leave your stuff securely. No chairs or tables to sit down anywhere in the room. It's quite noisy between the rooms and from the street people trying to get into the bar.

Great experience. Awesome location and the bar downstairs is super convenient and has a great atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff. Showers were a bit small but definitely usable. No major complaints - would definitely recommend and would stay there again the next time I'm in Cork.

Good to stay for tourist clean and comfy most of all location is great it just only took 5 min to city centre!

The staff were friendly and helpful, the location is hardly a stone's throw from the city centre, and there's always something to do or see or enjoy. Had a great time in this hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015

Get craic at the bar defo staying here again

• 17th Jun 2015

staff was nice but won't go out of their way yo be helpful

Great place!! So much fun

• 14th Jun 2015

I didn't spend much time at the hostel as I spent only one night there and most of it was out on the town at bars. The place was a nice enough and it was a good location. I liked that there was a bar and restaurant there. It seemed to be a cool place to hangout. It is not your typical hostel where everyone is hanging out in the common area.

• 13th Jun 2015

The staff was kind, but they couldn't give me basic tourist informations, like info about walking tours for instance. They couldn't lend me any plug adapters -- also a basic thing. I couldn't even sit on my bed because the upper bed was so close to the ground.

Had a blast here, booked one night, ended up staying for 3 nights! Staff are all great, bar downstairs is sweet, perfect for a solo traveler!

The location was great but most of staff could barely understand English. No lockers at all. At 4:00am two guys who were not guests of the hostel got a key somehow and entered my dorm completely drunk, shouting, when I complained at the reception next morning, instead apologies and an explanation the guy at the reception wasn't happy that I was concerned about the security. Would't stay there again.

Staff and location were great. I didn't like the lounge area, I think mostly as there was a group of men there who seemed a little older and not really the hostel type. Great having discount in the bar.

I had a great stay at Bru Bar and Hostel! The staff was excellent, very friendly and welcoming, which was great as a female traveling alone for the first time. I quickly met a group of other travelers to explore the town with my first night and enjoyed having live music. I would recommend this to any young travelers looking to meet people and have a social experience in Cork!

Handy being upstairs of a pub if you wanted to party, but very loud at night and very small rooms!

Good staff and location. We did feel like we stayed a bit too as we felt it was a bit of a party hostel.

Great vibes each evening with live music and great staff. I'd definitely come back here!

As breakfast was included, we were not informed that we had to rummage through cupboards to find out what would be supplied to us. The breakfast should have been laid out so that guests knew exactly what was provided for them; therefore, we did not have breakfast at this establishment. Convenient location.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Great visit! Hostel conveniently located, loved the bar attached right to the hostel (easy to stumble home!), price was fantastic!

Super cool to have a bar connected