Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Location is perfect Room was very clean. I saw their cleaning system this system is trustable You can get discount when you drink beer Just bring your card to bar I can recommend to you I stayed here 2 times

A three person bedroom for two: too expansive, with no room/bedsheets for the third. Super clean, cool staff, a little loud because of generator that turned on at night! Perfect for party people, and if you don't need a lot of sleep! Would love to come back, though.

• 15th May 2015

Just stayed here one night traveling to the western part of the country. Rooms/beds were nice. Kitchen was a bit small, but breakfast was basic and nice. Didn't venture to the bar, but it looked nice.

All in all, I find that the stay was pleasant and the staff were really great, however I only stayed at Bru Bar & Hostel for one night, and that was enough. The window did not close, so there was a gap letting the Irish weather inside the room, making it very cold. My head was 30cm from the window, so I did not feel great the day after. This was also amplified by the loud music throughout the night (a Monday) which boomed through the open window. Conclusion. Fix the window: solve problems!

• 13th May 2015
  • Sweden

It was a good place all in all. Staff were friendly, place was relatively clean. Close to the station and down town area. Everything you need is there, nothing too fancy but it all worked!

Excellent location. On top of a bar which was surprisingly not as loud as we thought it would be. Was surprised that the bar was filled with regulars and locals, not hostel guests. Atmosphere wasn't great for meeting people. Luggage storage in rooms, but not too secure. Would be pretty easy to steal. Plugs in the room. En suite bathroom, but in a room of 6 people there was a lot of waiting for others.

No wifi in the rooms !

Good location near to the bus station, easy walking distance to main attractions and supermarket. Good kitchen, although becomes quite busy at times. Wifi was only in the fairly small communal area which was inconvenient, but there was a great live music night on in the pub downstairs which we enjoyed! We were in a room on an upper floor, so had no noise disturbance. Room was very small and stuffy, although perfectly adequate, so maybe best for shorter stays.

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were quite small but comfortable and clean. We had some trouble with the wifi and the locking storage under the bed was a bit tricky to use but these are pretty minor problems. It was nice to be able to pop down to the bar for a drink and some live music especially since you couldn't hear the bar from our room at all. The location is fantastic - so close to the bus stop. A pretty standard hostel that I would stay at again.

Loved this hostel. Can't rate it highly enough. Everything was awesome. Although the wifi was sometimes scetchy.

probleme with wifi at the top of the building !!

• 8th May 2015

Nice location, easy to find from the bus station. Front desk was helpful and always staffed. Room was a little cramped and there were quite a few of us sharing one bathroom, but manageable. We were able to leave our luggage over the bar after check out.

Brilliant location, friendly and fun loving staff!

• 4th May 2015

Good place to crash, nice they give you breakfast! Bar was quiet after 12 so no issues sleeping. Staff are very nice and helpful. Room was clean and fresh.

It was soooo noisy. I couldn't sleep last night. But the staff was nice.

• 3rd May 2015
  • South Korea

We were only at the hostel for a short overnight stay, so Bru bar was definitely adequate for that. Everything was fine, no problems, although the breakfast staff were a bit rude to us.

Good hostel! I stayed in the hostel only one night, but I really enjoyed my stay there. Staff, location, atmosphere, cleanliness very good!! I only think that should have lockers in the room. William Calado

• 30th Apr 2015

The hostel is located central to Cork city - which is very helpful. The guy in the bar was very nice and chatted with us and gave us some tipps. The hostel was good but the kitchen was very dirty. All in all it was okay for one night - but we slept in other hostels for less money and better values.

Unfriendly people at the reception. made a big deal about changing beds even though 2 beds were free in the room. Entrance through the bar which is small and narrow. when bar is crowded, not easy to walk in with luggage. No elevator. Had to climb 4 flights of steps with luggage. luggage storage is a small closet. Shower works by pushing a button and water comes out for 10 seconds.with no possibility of regulating water temperature. Must keep pushing button or showering with one hand..

Good location and friendly staff. The trays under the beds can't have a padlock attached which I would suggest fixing.