Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Just what I wanted -lots of music inside and nearby. Otherwise just ok

• 24th Oct 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hostel near st Patrick street. Awesome location, friendly staff and great bar! Rooms (

It was great to stay in Bru Bar & Hostel. The Staffs were really friendly, the Hostel is close to the bus station and city centre. The room was clean and tidy. I would come back the next time.

• 21st Oct 2013

Fine hostel. The cleaners clean everything in the hostel (the steps, the oven, cutlery cabinet...), but they can pay a little bit more attention to the rooms. Especially the shower cabin. It's not dirty, but not very clean either. The staff and owner fix everything themselves. So when something stops working, they fix it immediately. The rooms can be small (the privates), but they contain everything you need. Kitchen is clean and useful, but a bit too small in busy periods. Staff is friendly.

Staff stuffed up booking so my partner and I were in separate sides of hostel while we shared a bag and booked four days in advance. No lockers. Besides that, good atmosphere and kitchen. Bit noisy ontop of pub. Close to town and staff helpful

thought it was a great place:)

I'm very thankful I only spent one night here. The ONE bathroom has a few stalls/showers but is unisex. When I'm taking a shower a girl is putting makeup on, while another dude is pooping. It doesn't help that the lights automatically go off after 5mins while you're in the shower. Cold water for the first 3 minutes. Internet only works on the first floor. VERY limited outlets. The room is disgusting &made me feel like I was in a prison cell. Smelled like mildew/had dead bugs on the wall/freezing

• 17th Oct 2013