Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Atmospheric, well equipped hostel. Loved the bar area downstairs, friendly staff and a decent breakfast. Location was also fine. I had a blast!

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Finland

Everything okay and as expected. Allways a good spot to spend a few days in Cork City.

Good location, nice pub downstairs and clean beds.

Not that enjoyable a place all in all. Though the English people dressed in *hilarious* costumes in the bar will probably have thought otherwise.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I stayed in a 4 bed ensuite room, bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast was a bit poor but no surprise since it's a hostel. No luggage room, you have to leave your bag on the hatshelf in the bar if you can't check in and I didn't really feel comfortable doing that but had no choice... I would stay here if I came back and can recommend the hostel to other people!

Nice place, very friendly staff! Close to the train station and easy to find. Free wifi anywhere in the hostel is much appreciated. Missed having lockers in the rooms, but honestly I don't think it could fit.

I booked a room with an attached bathroom and did not get what I booked. The bathroom was down a hall, but the point of advertising as an attached bathroom is that you don't need to find your key in the morning. I wouldn't stay unless it was the cheapest room in Cork. The bed was actually a thin piece of foam and not a mattress :(. Stayed for 4 days. Not worth it.

Was a really great place to stay, good location and great atmostphere make a good combination.

Great stay, the hostel was nice and clean. The bar was nice and a great place to meet other travellers and locals. was good fun staying here. would defiantly be back.

Convenient location. Very accommodating staff.................great Super Bowl party in the pub. Only issue was the broken bathroom door knob in room #103, but all else was well.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Clean hostel. Breakfast was ok, the usual. Good location.

I have been travelling around Ireland on and off for 3 months now, and unfortunately Bru Bar hostel in Cork was the worst experience I have had. The room was dirty with loads of cobwebs and spiders all over the room. We booked a private ensuite for 3 people, but the bathroom indeed was not ensuite and the bunk bed could never fit 3 people comfortably. The room stunk real bad and opening the window didn't help. The staff was never at the desk when we needed our door card changed.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »