Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

I stayed there a long time so I could see their evolution. I liked the fact that were at the time introducing a new system for their cards, because before each and every day, you had to go and get your card topped up to get into your room, with new system it was done for the duration of your stay. I love the self service option and choice for it. I am now expecting an email of my invoice from them as I stayed there from 27 October to December 8th and I will let you know more in my final review.

Really enjoyed my stay in Bru hostel. That location for that price is perfect for a weekend away in Cork City

• 29th Nov 2014

Very good value for money. Excellent location, nice staff, comfy mattress. Basic breakfast but for the price I wouldn't expect much more. Besides, they have excellent cooking facilities so no complaints. Well done.

• Poland

It was very nice. We only slept one night there. But one bad thing: The kitchen towels were disgusting and the plates and cups dirty.

• 29th Nov 2014

noisy on friday night with people shouting all night (and mainly from 3 to 5) the room next to us so we could not manage sleeping

• 28th Nov 2014

STILL MY FAVORITE HOSTEL IN CORK, NOT A HOTEL,WHICH IS WHY ITS GREAT. YOU GET TO MEET LOCALS VISITORS AND TOURISTS. IT HAS A BANGING MUSIC SCENE FEATURING CONTEMPERORY MUSICIANS (DONT EXPECT TO HEAR RIVERDANCE OR OTHER TOURISTY STUFF) ITS THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN CORK. IT SHOUALD BE NOTED THAT THE CAPPUCINO HAS IMPROVED SINCE MY LAST STAY (THANK YOU MARIA) AND ALL ROUND GREAT VALUE. IN EVERY REVIEW THERE HAS TOBE A NEGATIVE POINT, I'M WORKIING ON IT, MAYBE I'LL DISCOVER IT ON MY NEXT VISIT

My stay in room 201 was great, clean room and bathroom, nice people. I still have bookings planned. I will keep enjoying the place for a while. The location is good. Bathroom clean as always. Nice people in my room too. I will keep you posted on my next booking too. Good place to meet great people and to live on a low budget. I forgot to mention last time, trhey wash you clothes for 5 euros, and it is really worth it your clothers smell very very good after their wash

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »