Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Very unorganised. I have experienced a few mistakes from the staff who never apologise. They left my stuff in the pub and put them in a garbage because they thought that I didn't pay for the stay. I was able to prove they were wrong thanks to the bill... And let me go back to my room and take back my stuff by myself to the third floor...

• 24th Aug 2014

Hi Marie, I'm very sorry that you experienced some unpleasantness during your stay. Unfortunately sometimes mistakes do happen, but my apologies if the staff were not as helpfull (and apologetic) as they should have been. If you are ever back in Cork please do pop in for a drink (on the house!) Hopefully we'll see you at soem stage during the future. All the best, Maria.

Lively nightlife. The bar downstairs stays open really late and usually has great live music. We stayed at a different hostel the following night (due to unavailability at BruBar) but we still came back to hang out at the bar downstairs. Met some cool people.. Great breakfast and ensuite facilities

Hi Jenna, Thanks for the great reveiw :-) We're glad you had such a good time here, and we hope to see you again if you're ever back in Cork! All the best, Maria.

Good atmosphere and very well located. The internet, however, was barely working and our specific room had noise from the bar till 5pm...

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hi Cornelis, Thanks for taking the time for a reveiw. Sometimes the internet can be a little slow during peak times, due to high usage! I'm sorry to hear that you're room was noisy. Sometimes people don't want to stop partying..and time gets away from them, I apologise if it was a bit much. I hope despite this, you enjoyed your stay here with us :-) And if you're ever back in Cork, we hope to see you again. All the best, Maria.

4 bed dorm room quite small, tall travelling buddy's feet were touching the other roomates feet across bunks when sleeping.

Hi Caroline, I'm sorry to hear that you were in one of the smaller rooms. I hope you and your friend still had a great time (despite the unintentional footsie!) If you're ever back with us again, we'll make sure to put you in a bigger room :-) Have a great trip, and perhaps we shall see you again at some stage in the future. All the best, Maria

The daytime staff was really good but the nightshift guy was a bit more than rude.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Hi Mohammed, I'm sorry that you encountered one of the staff members on what must have been a bad night! I hope that you enjoyed your stay here with us despite this, and we hope to see you again at some stage in the future if you are ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

I was here just for 1 night but it looked like a nice hostel. Room and bathroom were clean as well.

HI Andrea, Thanks for taking the tme to write a reveiw. If you are ever back in Cork in the future we hope to see you again :-) Kind regards, Maria

Clean place, our room wasn't too noisy even with the bar downstairs. Nicely equipped kitchen and a comfy common room. We were exhausted from traveling so we didn't go to the bar but it looked like a nice place to hang out! Great location right by the bus stop made a day trip to blarney castle very easy.

Hi Emma, I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and perhaps if you are ever back in Cork again, you can pop in for a pint :-) Kind regards, Maria.

First time ever in a hostel enjoyed it was a bit noisy but above a pub so can't argue. Would defo go back.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

HI David, Thanks for the reveiw. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again at some stage in the future :-) Kind regards, Maria

I enjoyed staying here for the weekend. It was close to the tour offices and eating. I felt safe and liked the bar downstairs. I had one big issue with the girls staying in my room and I talked with the manager in the morning and he was great! He was able to act on the situation and then refunded my money for that nights stay. I didn't expect that and it was a great gesture. Very happy with it!

Hi Erika, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here over all. And I'm happy to hear that whatever the unpleasant issue was, it was dealt with, and you were happy with the result! If you are ever back in Cork again we hope to see you :-) Kind regards, Maria.

The hostel was nice, the problem were the boys in the room next to us... But the important thing was the hostel and was a great value for money. If I come back to Cork I'll stay there!

Hi Teresa, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us (apart for the noisy guests in the room next to you), unfortunately sometimes that happens! If you are ever back in Cork again, we hope to see you :-) Kind regards, Maria.

Our stay at the Bru Bar&Hostel was short but nice. We stayed for one night and enjoyed the live music at the bar in the evening. The staff was very helpful (we printed our boardcards there with some difficulties, but they were really nice). The breakfast was a little sparse, but ok. I can really recommend the Hostel.

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the reveiw. Really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and we hope to see you agian at some stage in the future if you're every back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

very cool hostel with a bar downstairs (can be loud at nite, as there is live music every evening). people there were very friendly and our room was clean!

Hi Mareike, Thanks for the great reveiw! We're delighted you enjoyed your time here, and we hope to see you again at some stage if you're ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

I had a very good time at this hostel, the rooms are cleans and the beds confortables. Just one thing : you have to take your breakfast outside the hostel or go find provisions. Definitely a good place to stay while visiting the countryside !

• 12th Aug 2014

To less space in the rooms

Very friendly staff. Great location. Wi-Fi not available on 3rd floor rooms. After reading the comments left from other guests during my reservation, I was somewhat disappointed with the atmosphere that I found.

The best hostel so far to meet People

Bru Bar in Cork is excellent - the beds are comfortable, the staff is fantastic, and the atmosphere couldn't be better. Open Mic night laid a few eggs, but that only added to the experience. I'd definitely recommend staying here.

Yeah was good. Bar is pretty decent yet grimey. Has a pool table. Everyone was friendly. Bar opens till late... Really late. Really really late. Would stay again... But can't see myself ever going back to cork.

The amenities are very basic. I only stayed for one night so I didn't have the full experience but the entrance was through the bar since the other entrance was BLOCKED by bar patrons. It felt a bit cramped and a bit loud down there.

It was very disgusting that the bedding was not changed when new guests arrived.