Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

4 bed dorm room quite small, tall travelling buddy's feet were touching the other roomates feet across bunks when sleeping.

Hi Caroline, I'm sorry to hear that you were in one of the smaller rooms. I hope you and your friend still had a great time (despite the unintentional footsie!) If you're ever back with us again, we'll make sure to put you in a bigger room :-) Have a great trip, and perhaps we shall see you again at some stage in the future. All the best, Maria

The daytime staff was really good but the nightshift guy was a bit more than rude.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Hi Mohammed, I'm sorry that you encountered one of the staff members on what must have been a bad night! I hope that you enjoyed your stay here with us despite this, and we hope to see you again at some stage in the future if you are ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

I was here just for 1 night but it looked like a nice hostel. Room and bathroom were clean as well.

HI Andrea, Thanks for taking the tme to write a reveiw. If you are ever back in Cork in the future we hope to see you again :-) Kind regards, Maria

Clean place, our room wasn't too noisy even with the bar downstairs. Nicely equipped kitchen and a comfy common room. We were exhausted from traveling so we didn't go to the bar but it looked like a nice place to hang out! Great location right by the bus stop made a day trip to blarney castle very easy.

Hi Emma, I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and perhaps if you are ever back in Cork again, you can pop in for a pint :-) Kind regards, Maria.

First time ever in a hostel enjoyed it was a bit noisy but above a pub so can't argue. Would defo go back.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

HI David, Thanks for the reveiw. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again at some stage in the future :-) Kind regards, Maria

I enjoyed staying here for the weekend. It was close to the tour offices and eating. I felt safe and liked the bar downstairs. I had one big issue with the girls staying in my room and I talked with the manager in the morning and he was great! He was able to act on the situation and then refunded my money for that nights stay. I didn't expect that and it was a great gesture. Very happy with it!

Hi Erika, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here over all. And I'm happy to hear that whatever the unpleasant issue was, it was dealt with, and you were happy with the result! If you are ever back in Cork again we hope to see you :-) Kind regards, Maria.

The hostel was nice, the problem were the boys in the room next to us... But the important thing was the hostel and was a great value for money. If I come back to Cork I'll stay there!

Hi Teresa, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us (apart for the noisy guests in the room next to you), unfortunately sometimes that happens! If you are ever back in Cork again, we hope to see you :-) Kind regards, Maria.

Our stay at the Bru Bar&Hostel was short but nice. We stayed for one night and enjoyed the live music at the bar in the evening. The staff was very helpful (we printed our boardcards there with some difficulties, but they were really nice). The breakfast was a little sparse, but ok. I can really recommend the Hostel.

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the reveiw. Really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and we hope to see you agian at some stage in the future if you're every back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

very cool hostel with a bar downstairs (can be loud at nite, as there is live music every evening). people there were very friendly and our room was clean!

Hi Mareike, Thanks for the great reveiw! We're delighted you enjoyed your time here, and we hope to see you again at some stage if you're ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

I had a very good time at this hostel, the rooms are cleans and the beds confortables. Just one thing : you have to take your breakfast outside the hostel or go find provisions. Definitely a good place to stay while visiting the countryside !

• 12th Aug 2014

To less space in the rooms

Very friendly staff. Great location. Wi-Fi not available on 3rd floor rooms. After reading the comments left from other guests during my reservation, I was somewhat disappointed with the atmosphere that I found.

The best hostel so far to meet People

Bru Bar in Cork is excellent - the beds are comfortable, the staff is fantastic, and the atmosphere couldn't be better. Open Mic night laid a few eggs, but that only added to the experience. I'd definitely recommend staying here.

Yeah was good. Bar is pretty decent yet grimey. Has a pool table. Everyone was friendly. Bar opens till late... Really late. Really really late. Would stay again... But can't see myself ever going back to cork.

The amenities are very basic. I only stayed for one night so I didn't have the full experience but the entrance was through the bar since the other entrance was BLOCKED by bar patrons. It felt a bit cramped and a bit loud down there.

It was very disgusting that the bedding was not changed when new guests arrived.

This is an amazing hostel! The staff are extremely helpful and the location is close to what you'll need to see. I was travelling alone and I was able to meet a great bunch of people my first night there. I also felt very safe there. I have nothing bad to say about this hostel other than the commons area is only open till 12 but the bar is open late! I would highly recommend this hostel!

Close to train

Great location, met lots of people and had a great time. One of the best hostels I stayed in.