Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

The Bru Hostel worked out well for my son and I. The staff were particularly friendly and accommodating.

• 13th Sep 2014

Very unusual hostel, enjoyed it here thoroughly! Very clean rooms, a bit noisy though (but what hostel isn't?).

Great location, and a nice bar downstairs with cheap beer- not so easy to find in Ireland! Doors were a bit flimsy, some were just left open and unlocked. Only one bathroom for 3 dorms to use. Good, well-stocked kitchen. Would recommend!

Good location and very handy having an in house bar

Before booking, I rang to check on the information on the web site about Aussies getting 10% off when showing our passport,they said that was true just show us upon arrival. When we arrived the lady was rather rude and said we couldn't have the discount as the hostel was booked out! I wasn't impressed as I went out of my way to double check we could have discount to be told "not today" I wouldn't stay here again. Not the worst but not the best.

Hi, Thats horrific! I have refunded the 10% discount to your card. So sorry! The staff member probably had a bad day and was having trouble in the being nice department. We will chat. Best of luck Ash McRae Manager.

Good atmosphere in the bar a few of the doors were really annoying with the cards and sometimes certain doors were left open (not super security). Had a good stay here though was a relaxed and bubbly atmosphere.

Good location near bars and restaurants. Parking is down the street at the train station and costs 9 euros per 24 hrs. Breakfast is very basic with white bread or cereal. Very basic hostel that offers a 10% discount at the bar downstairs.

Good hostel. Unfortuanetely it is in a bit of a sketchy area, but it is close to the city center. The staff is very nice and in the bar downstairs takes place a different event every day of the week.

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome !!! Best hostel ever in Cork !!!!

• 8th Sep 2014

Wifi was awful and the computers were terribly slow. It's your average hostel, for the moneybit was no better or worse then the others we stayed in.

Did the job but not much atmosphere and the staff were not unfriendly but neither were they particularly welcoming.

Nice hostel with nice bar; everything was very clean. I would stay again!

Great venue and lovely staff. Enjoyed my night there and the bar is always good fun. Thanks to the girls for the lovely sausage BBQ and I know eating is cheating but the food smelled to nice. Overall the venue is very good but the staff make the place a home away from home. Cheers

Location was great, atmosphere was great. They held a free BBQ downstairs which was a nice addition and the bar was a great place as well. My only complaint was the rooms were way too small to fit four people into. Would stay here again!

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting a friend. I had forgotten to swap my key one day and therefore it didn't work when I came back to the hostel at 11:30. The worker inside let me in and kindly gave me a new key. The day I left I had to catch a bus at 7 a.m. therefore I wouldn't have made breakfast in time. The guy on reception fixed up some quick breakfast for me which I really appreciated as I was due for a 3 hour bus journey...all in all I would recommend this place.

• 6th Sep 2014

Hi Phoebe, Thanks fo taking the time to write a reveiw. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope to see you again at some stage in the future if you are ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »