Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

Stayed here for a nite as the 1st day of arrival in ireland on a weekday. Thx for the friendly staff. Wifi works well in the big mixed dorm on the 3/F n wasnt that noisy even theres a bar. Thx again!

This was a terrible hostel

• 3rd Oct 2014

Best location to explore Cork by day and night. Right by city center. Friendly staff, having a bar on the first floor is great for night cap or even grabbing a water before bed. A great mix of fellow travelers and locals just out for the weekend. Great community spaces. Nightlife accessible but didn't feel too busy and I felt very comfortable leaving my bag in the storage drawer under my bed. Such a great place, I stayed there twice while I was in Ireland.

really nice contact beforehand because of our somewhat difficult booking requirements (one of us was there 4 days before the other but we wanted to share a room which wasn't a problem at all); it was my third stay and I would stay again when coming back to Cork.

• 1st Oct 2014

All staff members were friendly throughout from cleaning personal to managers and cooperative at any problem. As an example, I asked them whether they would contribute in some kitchen knives, that I wanted to buy (the only thing that was missing in a really well-assorted hostel-kitchen) and they told me, they would buy them (and a sharpening steel) via their own company. Until then, we were allowed to borrow ones at the front-desk for cooking at any time. The front desk was manned 24 / 7 !

• 30th Sep 2014

All in all not a bad hostel, not outstanding either. The beds were really crammed into the 6 bed dorm with no room for maneuvering and only 1 socket. Wifi and breakfast were both decent, not great. Staff were polite but not overly friendly. The place was kept clean. It's a decent hostel at a good price.

overall great hostel but breakfast was very poor, a small fruit selection and yogurt would have made a big difference

• 29th Sep 2014