Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

The hostel was nice, the problem were the boys in the room next to us... But the important thing was the hostel and was a great value for money. If I come back to Cork I'll stay there!

Hi Teresa, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us (apart for the noisy guests in the room next to you), unfortunately sometimes that happens! If you are ever back in Cork again, we hope to see you :-) Kind regards, Maria.

Our stay at the Bru Bar&Hostel was short but nice. We stayed for one night and enjoyed the live music at the bar in the evening. The staff was very helpful (we printed our boardcards there with some difficulties, but they were really nice). The breakfast was a little sparse, but ok. I can really recommend the Hostel.

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the reveiw. Really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and we hope to see you agian at some stage in the future if you're every back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

very cool hostel with a bar downstairs (can be loud at nite, as there is live music every evening). people there were very friendly and our room was clean!

Hi Mareike, Thanks for the great reveiw! We're delighted you enjoyed your time here, and we hope to see you again at some stage if you're ever back in Cork :-) Kind regards, Maria.

I had a very good time at this hostel, the rooms are cleans and the beds confortables. Just one thing : you have to take your breakfast outside the hostel or go find provisions. Definitely a good place to stay while visiting the countryside !

• 12th Aug 2014

To less space in the rooms

Very friendly staff. Great location. Wi-Fi not available on 3rd floor rooms. After reading the comments left from other guests during my reservation, I was somewhat disappointed with the atmosphere that I found.

The best hostel so far to meet People

Bru Bar in Cork is excellent - the beds are comfortable, the staff is fantastic, and the atmosphere couldn't be better. Open Mic night laid a few eggs, but that only added to the experience. I'd definitely recommend staying here.

Yeah was good. Bar is pretty decent yet grimey. Has a pool table. Everyone was friendly. Bar opens till late... Really late. Really really late. Would stay again... But can't see myself ever going back to cork.

The amenities are very basic. I only stayed for one night so I didn't have the full experience but the entrance was through the bar since the other entrance was BLOCKED by bar patrons. It felt a bit cramped and a bit loud down there.

It was very disgusting that the bedding was not changed when new guests arrived.

This is an amazing hostel! The staff are extremely helpful and the location is close to what you'll need to see. I was travelling alone and I was able to meet a great bunch of people my first night there. I also felt very safe there. I have nothing bad to say about this hostel other than the commons area is only open till 12 but the bar is open late! I would highly recommend this hostel!

Close to train

Great location, met lots of people and had a great time. One of the best hostels I stayed in.

I stayed at a 4bed female dorm which was a tiny space. In between beds you could just about turn around. En-suite bathroom was nice and clean but very small, too. Bru Bar didn't quite have the hostel-feeling as the lobby was seperated from the other parts like the rooms, so it wasn't easy meeting people. It's ok, but nothing special.

Definitely not for people over 25, go there if you want to party, not if you want to sleep (if you want to party it's an awesome place though).

• 4th Aug 2014

We thought this was one of the nicer hostels we stayed in through Ireland, which surprised us since the first impression whe we walked into the dark bar wasn't great. The rooms upstairs were clean with a good amount of space and the kitchen was extremely clean. Some nice bonuses too like half off pizza down the street. Staff were great, and we couldn't hear noise from the bar at all.

Way too expensive for what it is! The bathroom reeked of bleach, there was mold in the windows, the shower door was broken and you couldn't adjust the water temperature in the shower. You also had to pay for the towels. The bar downstairs is way too expensive. I paid 8 euros for a beer which is ridiculous. This is a hostel and not a five star hotel. I would not stay there again. Maybe for 10 euros, but not 25.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Poland

I will stay there again - lovely bar with live music in the evening

Got very hot in the rooms at night!

• 1st Aug 2014