Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

The room was too small, no space to put my things, no locker, and not that clean. The doors in the rooms are not the proper ones, every time anyone gets in to his room the doors make too much noise, and it's not anyone's fault, it's the door system! Makes it impossible to sleep with people get in and out all night long.

Worst hostel experience i've ever had. Including hostels throughout Europe and South East Asia. When booking i realised there was a bar downstairs and didn't mind but did not know classics such as "Barbie Girl" and "Girls just wanna have fun" would be playing on repeat very loudly until 7:30am. My room was directly above the bar. Additionally, i am not sure if this place is a "Half way house", but the guy in our room was clearly on a come down. Terrible experience and wouldn't recommend.

• 6th Apr 2014

A very memorable trip! Staff were amazing, we were rooming with two very lovely people, the bar downstairs was a great way to unwind after a stressful day, and the security was top class! I am recommending the Bru to all my pals, and hope to have more nights out there in the future!

• 2nd Apr 2014

I was traveling by myself, and I had a great time! It was easy to walk anywhere in Cork, plus there were places to eat nearby. The pub that is attached was a fun place to meet people, grab a pint, and listen to live music! My room was clean.

I was happy to stay here again at the end of my trip around Ireland. The rooms might not be the most comfortable ones (some rooms are just too small and too hot), but it's a hostel where it's very easy to meet people. Either in the bar, or in the kitchen area. Loved it.

Great hostel very near to city centre. There is a pub within the hostel with awesome food/drink deals as well as live music! And just in case you are worried, at least in our dorm room there was no issue about noise, we could sleep very well.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »