Bru Bar & Hostel Reviews

57 MacCurtain Street, Cork City, Cork, Ireland

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were quite small but comfortable and clean. We had some trouble with the wifi and the locking storage under the bed was a bit tricky to use but these are pretty minor problems. It was nice to be able to pop down to the bar for a drink and some live music especially since you couldn't hear the bar from our room at all. The location is fantastic - so close to the bus stop. A pretty standard hostel that I would stay at again.

Loved this hostel. Can't rate it highly enough. Everything was awesome. Although the wifi was sometimes scetchy.

probleme with wifi at the top of the building !!

• 8th May 2015

Nice location, easy to find from the bus station. Front desk was helpful and always staffed. Room was a little cramped and there were quite a few of us sharing one bathroom, but manageable. We were able to leave our luggage over the bar after check out.

Brilliant location, friendly and fun loving staff!

Good place to crash, nice they give you breakfast! Bar was quiet after 12 so no issues sleeping. Staff are very nice and helpful. Room was clean and fresh.

It was soooo noisy. I couldn't sleep last night. But the staff was nice.

• 3rd May 2015
  • South Korea

We were only at the hostel for a short overnight stay, so Bru bar was definitely adequate for that. Everything was fine, no problems, although the breakfast staff were a bit rude to us.

Good hostel! I stayed in the hostel only one night, but I really enjoyed my stay there. Staff, location, atmosphere, cleanliness very good!! I only think that should have lockers in the room. William Calado

• 30th Apr 2015

The hostel is located central to Cork city - which is very helpful. The guy in the bar was very nice and chatted with us and gave us some tipps. The hostel was good but the kitchen was very dirty. All in all it was okay for one night - but we slept in other hostels for less money and better values.

Unfriendly people at the reception. made a big deal about changing beds even though 2 beds were free in the room. Entrance through the bar which is small and narrow. when bar is crowded, not easy to walk in with luggage. No elevator. Had to climb 4 flights of steps with luggage. luggage storage is a small closet. Shower works by pushing a button and water comes out for 10 seconds.with no possibility of regulating water temperature. Must keep pushing button or showering with one hand..

Good location and friendly staff. The trays under the beds can't have a padlock attached which I would suggest fixing.

Location was great, the shower was hot & the bed was comfortable. The guys in my room were all living there, so not overly keen to be social. The kitchen was okay, though the knives were blunt & there was no communal oil. Bar downstairs wasn't bad, but otherwise the atmosphere was pretty dead.

I thinks the place is extremely simple, even too simple and doesn't give a nice and homely feeling at all. It gives you all the basic necessities, but nothing more. I can't quite say what it was, but the place gave me a creepy feeling and I really had to go out to the city to escape that feeling and get some air.

Great kitchen - very well equipped! Place was nice, in a good central location. In general seemed to have a much older crowd (people in 30s).

Our 3-bed room was really small but it was clean. Unfortunately there was no wifi in the room available but everything else was fine. So we had a pleasant stay at Bru`s and I would stay there again.

The place and staff are nice. Lockers don't lock but you can lock valuables downstairs

It was okay. Clean and good location.

I liked staying at your Hostel very much. I was able to get a good nights sleep there and the atmosphere is very nice.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »