Brumas Hostel HI Reviews

Rua Antonio Pereira - 43, Ouro Preto, Brazil

More than anything, the location makes this place great! Literally a street over from the main square with museums, bars, you name it! Great breakfast in the morning as well. Only thing, you need to know basic Portuguese to interact with the staff, but if you do, you're good to go!

Lockers in the room for storage were good, but the key system for the rooms is not. Make sure to bring a lock for your luggage and a lock for your locker. The rooms are clean and the location is fantastic. Staff is helpful and price is good. Breakfast was good too! Internet connection was so-so and it doesn't work in the rooms. A lot of school groups during our stay.

• 26th Sep 2013

I wasn't very happy with security at this hostel - one afternoon I came back to find the front door open and the key to my room in the door. As my room was right by the front door, which opens onto the street, it would have been easy for someone to enter my room, as reception was unattended. The staff were mostly quite good and helpful though, and the facilities were good with a nice bar and breakfast room

it was my second time there! Its a great hostel, clean, cosy and very well located.

Great hostel! Would be totally awesome if the staff spoke a little English, too.