Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

At night the neighborhood seems kind of sketchy (I was alone) but great during the day (residential, large park nearby). The hostel is definitely not in the center of Brussels but it is conveniently located less than 5min away from the metro. The facilities were very clean. I found that the common areas weren't as lively or conducive to socializing as other hostels I've been in which was disappointing because I was traveling alone. Also, the 6-person dorm I was in only had one power outlet.

• 21st Nov 2014

nice clean place, would go back.

This place is a nice place to stay in Brussels. It's really close to the metro station, it's include a great breakfast and the room is ok.

Really liked the hostel. It was really near metro line, and helped me for maps/directions.

No lockers available, bit of a creepy street to walk down at nice. Staff were helpful and willing to change my booking a couple of times. Room floors were dirty though, sheets had holes in them and beds were lumpy. Showers were cold and lights kept turning off. I was right above the common room so very noisy. Breakfast was okay. Feel like I paid a lot and got a little.

I lost my bag but cctv (camera) is broken!!!! Why? Plz plz plz ㅠㅠㅠ

Great staff, decent location close to metro access. Bathrooms were dimy lit and not the cleanest, but well enough. Main issue was the (drunk?) soccer players that were wandering around in the hallways and making a lot of noise at night. Of course they had to pester my girlfriend too. That's not exactly the hostel's fault, but I'm sure they could hear the noise and other guests were likely annoyed too.

The showers could use some cleaning but overall everything was nice and clean. Value for money

I stayed for four nights in a 4 be rooms. The room was very big. It was in the all girls section. Which is a seperate building with its own kitchen and wifi. The room I was in had a huge window that looked out onto the street, so that was a bit weird. The breakfast was good and there was a print service. Directly across from the metro line and only a 20 minute walk from down town.

Exactly how all hostels should be! The hostel has a good kitchen facility and a great common area. The location is far from the city center, but extremely close to a convenient Metro station. My only complaints are that there wasn't Wi-Fi in the rooms (only in the common area) and breakfast was mediocre (but it was free). Overall, I highly recommend this hostel.

Room is tooooo humid you will see fungi on wall

In my room I had a complete wall with moisture!! Not really nice!

• 27th Oct 2014

The hostel was lovely - very basic facilities but clean and comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly. Very chilled atmosphere. Literally a 2 minute walk from Gare du Simonis.

• 23rd Oct 2014

As a female travelling alone I found this place great! Even though the metro was at the end of the street I walked into the city every day (about 30 mins) and didn't have any trouble. It was great having breakfast included, the jam was so good! The hostel was clean and the communal kitchen was a great place to meet people. Would definitely stay again and recommend.

Great stay overall, lots of young people, breakfast included, rented a towel, and wifi was strong. Close to all central things in Brussels and the Basilic/Park is right there to hang out at. Good food on the same street and it's a great place for even 4-5days (with trips to Ghent and Bruges, of course). Would def reccommend ! -Seattle, WA

Fine overall-- did the job. Not scary for a solo female traveller, although the city was, a bit (it's a culture of catcalling-- be warned!).

Location is ok, is not in the heart of the city but so close to a metro station which makes it better... Wifi signal should be better, it is very good that they have a couple of PCs for free internet, but wifi could be improved... wouldn't reject to book again there though.

It appeared very clean, however I did find an old packet of Burger King fries stuffed down the side of my bed. I'm not sure how long they were there for, but it did make me wonder if my sheets had been hanged between guests.

The hostel is around a subway station, that's about 20-30 minutes by subway to the downtown area, but the area isn't the best. And as a female travelling alone, I disliked how I had to travel past the hostel to get to the separate female dorm down the street. There weren't many people there when I stayed, so the atmosphere wasn't anything special.

There are no lockers in the room. The staff member who greeted me was very unfriendly (Though to be fair she seemed quite ill, in which case don't come to work). The location is not really walking distance to anything but there's a metro really close so it's not too bad. The linens given to me had dirt on them and there are no sockets by the beds. The kitchen/bar is good but this hostel wasn't up to the standards of most others. I probably wouldn't stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6