Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

I liked this hostel and would stay again. My only issue is both nights people were able to somehow get into our room when they weren't staying there. Not sure if they were confused or what. All in all breakfast was good, beds were comfy and it was easy to catch the metro into the city

It was okay, bit overpriced for what you got and the beds were a bit rough to sleep in, the common area was lovely and it was situated very close to the station although trains were as regular to that station without having to switch

Very far from Grand Place and the Brussels City Centre, but run by very friendly staff. Standard breakfast with bread, cereals, and coffee.

Very nice hostel. Great facilities and cleanliness, as well as helpful staff. Breakfast included. Location is not far from downtown, it is walkable. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the shower which was on for a few seconds and you had to keep pressing the botton to turn it on, very annoying, specially when it's cold and you freeze every time is goes off, and it's very hard to wash girls' long hair like that. Other than that, awesome.

The worse hostel I've ever stayed. Everything was very dirty, stained sheets and the bathrooms were awful (no showers just water water dripping from a pipe!).

• 28th Feb 2015

Perfect place

It was relatively fair for me, given the price. I slept comfortably and enjoyed the convenience of its facilities. The fact that it's just beside the metro makes everything easier for me! I could just drop off my things in the locker room after check out and explore. Then once I needed to go, the hostel is just a metro away! I came in late, like 11pm. The street was a bit dark. But I never experienced any kind of threat. The street was practically empty. There's also a nearby supermarket!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

I stayed in the facility down the road. In general the hostel lacked a feeling of warmth which is irrelevant to the good facilities. Having the breakfast was great.

The area is a little rough at night so lone travellers be on your toes. Once inside the hostel there are free lockers and a luggage room. The shower opposite room 003 has the best shower head fyi. The communal area is nice. There is a supermarket behind the hostel called OK it is by far cheaper than the deal haize in the corner. When you come out of the hostel turn left (away from the metro) walk to the corner then turn left again, the pharmacy on your right. Continue straight

• 11th Feb 2015

A very good atmosphere ! The staff is very nice and arranging ! We spent a very nice weekend! We recommend this place !

• 6th Feb 2015

Cheap hostel, location 20 mintues form city centre. Helpful staff, kitchen bar .. everything you need on your trip.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

Traditional back-packers hostel with adequate facilities. Next to the metro, otherwise pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere in the common room/bar. Breakfast of cereals, toast, jam, coffee, juice was fine.

Not as expected. Staffs not much friendly and the worst part they give you the bed sheet pillow case n you have to put it by yourself.

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed at. Showers basically spew water from a pipe for ten seconds at a time, no lockers, mattress is unsupportive, they don't verify tags in the luggage room, and they don't dress the bed (you have to put on the sheets they provide). Far better hostels for cheaper elsewhere in the city.

The staff is very rude. One of the shower did not had water and they did not but anything saying. Cold water for shower. Just one outlet per room. WiFi connection just in the common area.

This hostel was alright. The location was pretty bad, it was quite far from the city centre and in a bad neighbourhood but close to a bus stop if needed. The lady at the desk would not speak English to me, and when I spoke English to her she would only respond in French. I found it extremely odd and kind of rude but luckily I used to live in France for a while so I could at least understand most of what she was telling me... Breakfast was free and was good. Kind of an expensive hostel though.

Very good hostel :)

Had an absolutely awesome time at this hostel, everyone was really friendly. The bar is moderately priced, and even though its out of the centre, it is walkable, and there is a metro station right next door.

I personally had an incredible time at Hello Hostel! Although I think that was because of the other backpackers. I'd say overall the hostel was average. Not a party hostel but still pretty fun. Close to the metro, showers were clean but not very hot, the wifi was good, kitchen had most things you'd need, and the rooms were decent sized. What I didn't like was the "curfew". At night the staff would make us leave the common area and tell us to go to bed or to go outside. Would stay again.

There is no lockers in the rooms and the bed things are not good enough. The location is not near the city center although near a metro station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4