Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Great clean hostel with good bar and free Breakie

The hostel was clean and the staff were helpful but the place seemed lacking in atmosphere during my stay. I put that down to the fact i was travelling in November which im guessing would be one of their quieter months. They have a good bar at the hostel which serves reasonably priced beers and pizza and i imagine during busy periods this would be a good place to hang out and meet new people. The hostel is about a 30 min walk from city centre but there is a train station 2 mins away.

• 17th Nov 2015

This is a party hostel. I was awakened multiple times throughout the night by drunk people singing in the halls and outside the room on the ground floor, despite a supposed 10 pm quiet time. There are no lockers in the rooms, and the showers are difficult to use due to how small they are. Also the area of town is sketchy--I didn't feel safe walking here after dark, which in the winter is anytime after 5 pm basically. One plus was the dressing room, where there are hair dryers and large mirrors.

The Hello Hostel was a nice place to stay while I was traveling solo in Brussels. It is outside of the city center, which is the big draw back. Besides that, though, it was great. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were basic and clean. The included breakfast is very, very minimal but hey, free food is free food when your a college student traveling Europe. Staff was very helpful and let me store my suitcase in the locker room for free after I checked out.

I liked it. Staff were really helpful. Even willing to change my room at last minute when I didn't feel comfortable sleeping in a room with only males. Good location as well. Very easy to use as a base

Very good hostel, with good atmosphere, close to the metro station and amazing staff. Cheers to Cecilia and François that were very helpful and cheerful.

the most beautiful hostel ever.

Very easy to find, very good facilities, I particularly found the common room & the kitchen very convenient. I really enjoyed my stay there!

I think you should add the route from North Station to Elisabeth, because that's the fastest route to yours hostel. And make sure tourists will know the station Simonis and Elisabeth are at the same station.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

Lovely staff! Free breakfast = awesome! Shame about the showers - very grimy and nowhere you could get dressed without your clothes getting wet. Another annoyance was no plug sockets near the top bunks. Location-wise, I don't mind that it's a metro ride from the centre. What bothers me is that I felt unsafe walking home - it's not on a main road and it's poorly lit, and I heard there've been lots of muggings which puts me off. Even in the day I didn't feel safe, so wouldn't stay again.

The only thing I did not enjoy was the fact that we are not allowed to drink inside the hostel, because buying beer in the market and drinking there is cheaper than going out, besides the fact that it is not near the centre, and thr tube isn't 24h, so it is simpler staying in.

• 30th Oct 2015

Spent two nights here. Was a decent hostel. No real complaints. The kitchen didn't have a proper stove/oven though so keep that in mind. They did have hot plates for a stove for making food but no way to bake anything. Tip: the shower on the ground floors hot water was working much better than the showers on the first floor.

Initially thought location may be a bit outside the main city, but was actually a lot closer than it seems on the maps. (About 30 mins gentle walk from the main train station and there's the Metro about 150m from the hostel - this is really easy to navigate.) Shared toilets & bathrooms that were clean, nice bar / lounge area. Only minor downside was that we'd booked a twin room, but were put in a room with a bunkbed + single bed. The room was only to be occupied by us though, so no dramas.

Not the best location if you prefer walking everywhere as the surrounding area is pretty sketchy, especially at night. The metro/ bus stops are right down the street but can get expensive. Reception and cleaning staff aren't very welcoming and the vibe in the bar/common area isn't great. Positives: large kitchen, WiFi/outlets in rooms, free breakfast, free printing

Music was a bit too loud at the bar, too loud to hold a conversation.

• 24th Oct 2015

My biggest disappointment with this hostel was location. It was a pretty far metro ride to the center of Brussels. Not only that, but I didn't feel comfortable at night walking the street it was on as several men pulled up in cars next to me on the road and rolled their windows down to talk to me. My room also wasn't in the main building which was odd. Other than that, the staff was awesome and super helpful always, and the breakfast was convenient.

It's nice that they serve free breakfast in the morning ! Maybe change the floor towels in the showers more often because they get quickly soaked. Overall, it was a good experience.

The room we were allocated had (4 bed mixed dorm) was extremely smelly - to the point it was sickening. This may have have been from the 2 boys who had been staying in there. No one had obviously aired the room out or thought to use air freshener. We were only staying one night and by the time we got back it was too late to make a complaint.

• 21st Oct 2015

The stay was alright, but I think there needs more lighting in the separate female dorm...There was only one light in my room and it's so dim! I can barely see anything. The kitchen/common room area is pretty dark too. Apart from lighting, everything else is okay.

The reception hours are annoying. I could reserve a room at 22:00, but the reception desk closed at somewhere around 18:00 anyways. When I arrived at 23:00, I was told I didn't have a room booked and couldn't get in because reception was closed. Issue was resolved, but not without trouble. Other staff were excellent. OK breakfast. Light. Location far from city center, but next to beautiful cathedral/Godiva chocolate factory. 30m walk to center, 10m bike. Right next to metro, which is awesome.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7