Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Good place to stay in Brussels, good bar

Very nice hostel with friendly atmosphere. A well built common area is extremely important for backpackers and the hostel has it. The breakfast is ok and the bar downstairs is amazing. The only thing in my view to get better is the showers which has no toiletry trays inside and directions to the hostel.

I didn't have much problem with the hostel. It wasn't too hard to find. The staff was nice enough, and spoke English/French. The place was clean, although in my hostel room I took the top bunk and it was really close to the ceiling. Also there were the dead bodies of spiders that people had previously squished on the ceiling. I'd also have liked a little rug to wipe our shoes as it was raining, but there wasn't anything for that. Breakfast was included and tasty. I'd recommend this place

Enjoyed our stay in the shared room. The hostel is very near Simonis station with easy access to both metro and buses. Really convenient get around the city.

There was a lot of noise coming from the common area of the hostel. Also you could hear all the doors opening and closing. That was terrible.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Mexico

We spend a month in belgium, in many different hostels, and this one was the most expensive and the worst service. for starters, we booked the room 2 months before and we get the smalest and the worst positioned one. During the night it was so hot in the room that I coudn't sleep all night and, at the same time, we could not open the window because the room was direct to the front of the building and there were to much noise outside. The room floor was not clean at all, as well as the toillet.

The room we stayed in was not connected to the main building. We are 2 females and had to go to a separate building around the block and across the street, with nowhere to lock our belongings. Kitchen facility was very poor compared to main building, and the room was so hot could barely sleep. Room we stayed in was right by the front door and street so we could hear everytime someone entered or left the hostel. Room didn't auto lock so had to trust other roommates would lock door when leaving.

• 21st Aug 2015

It felt as if the staff was just kind of there to do their job as they weren't very friendly. Breakfast was alright, not the best. However it was only about a minute walk from the bus stop which was convenient. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfortable! The atmosphere of the place was cool too; I enjoyed the artwork and paintings placed around the hostel. Overall a decent place to stay for the price that it is!

This place was ideal for a good nights sleep after a long journey but seriously lacked atmosphere. We arrived at 7am, two hours before reception opened but the cleaner let us in and let us sleep for two hours in the communal area which we were really grateful for. We also left 5 minutes late but weren't charged extra. It's about a 40minute walk to grande platz or there's a metro 1 minute walk away which will take you to the centre for 2.10€. A good place for a one night stay.

When arriving in Brussels I realised I was a day early for the hostel, when getting to the hostel the guy behind reception was excellent in helping me get a room and sorting everything out, all the staff were very helpful, had a great atmosphere in the bar, very clean rooms, only 100m from the metro so very easy to get around.

Unhealthy Breakfast. Should include boiled or scrambled eggs. Staff could be better communicative.

The only issue with this hostel is it is a bit far out about half hour walk from the center but it is near a metro station. Not all the staff speak English so it can be difficult when asking for directions.

I loved that there were free computers to use! And the cheap pizza with a beer was really nice too!!! :D

• 9th Aug 2015

Very Good! Happy to be Back there!

The hostel was very dirty and I would never stray at this hostel again. I wish I paid 30 euro more for a hotel.

Absolutely loved our stay at hello hostel, very clean and lots of facilities, however no lockers in room, and we were in a separate building to the main one which we weren't told about before booking. Would definitely stay here again though

This is a very good hostel! Really cheap in my point of view and really good! The staff is very friendly! Always willing to help you with anything, the rooms get clean everyday, breakfast is basic and simple. The location is very good, you have a train stop one minute away. I would recommend anybody to stay here.

The reception staff were friendly. A little odd that I had to walk to another building for my room but the room in itself was clean with lots of natural light. There are only 1-2 powerpoints in the room which would be annoying if everyone needed them at once. The bathroom on my floor had an awful smell and the shower was abit dirty. Breakfast wasn't bad. Location is good, a 2 minute walk from the metro. Overall a pleasant stay.

Was happy overall. Met some really cool people there

It was a good one. I definitely recommend you stay here. There is one problem with staff which I think they were really bored or not so friendly.

• 4th Aug 2015