Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Great stay overall, lots of young people, breakfast included, rented a towel, and wifi was strong. Close to all central things in Brussels and the Basilic/Park is right there to hang out at. Good food on the same street and it's a great place for even 4-5days (with trips to Ghent and Bruges, of course). Would def reccommend ! -Seattle, WA

Location is ok, is not in the heart of the city but so close to a metro station which makes it better... Wifi signal should be better, it is very good that they have a couple of PCs for free internet, but wifi could be improved... wouldn't reject to book again there though.

It appeared very clean, however I did find an old packet of Burger King fries stuffed down the side of my bed. I'm not sure how long they were there for, but it did make me wonder if my sheets had been hanged between guests.

There are no lockers in the room. The staff member who greeted me was very unfriendly (Though to be fair she seemed quite ill, in which case don't come to work). The location is not really walking distance to anything but there's a metro really close so it's not too bad. The linens given to me had dirt on them and there are no sockets by the beds. The kitchen/bar is good but this hostel wasn't up to the standards of most others. I probably wouldn't stay again.

Small hostel, easy to meet people. very cute cubby bunk beds and huge pillows. breakfast is ok (free)

Housekeepers changed the wrong bed so when I arrived I got into a nice clean bed which I assumed was for me but was rudely awoken hours later by a girl who claimed it was hers. I wasn't up for arguing so I moved. Paper thin walls so it's quite noisy however they so ask for quiet at 10/11pm, not that they enforce it. Showers are pants, like the showers you get at swimming where you have to keep hold of or keep pressing the button. Free breakfast was okay - bread, jam,brioche,museli and tea

A lot of people mention location as an issue here. It's true if a 15 min transit and a 4 euro round trip train ticket every time you go out is a concern for you. Everything is decent across the board, but the common area and bar were exceptional. Pity it isn't in a better location to attract more people. The vibe wasn't great when I was there, but that doesn't mean it isn't better on other nights obviously.

When I arrived, myself and another girl had to actually leave the hostel, to go a few yards further down the street in a seperate building, because our rooms were there. Was not cool at all. The rooms were super tiny and dirty I did not even have fresh sheets on the bed!!! All in all I was quite disappointed and I must say the area where the hostel is located iss very uncomfortable, not good to walk around at night even less when youre a gril and alone.

a little bit out of the city centre, but right near a metro line which takes you straight into the city

A bit far away from the city center, but close to the metro. Godiva's factory is close to the hostel -where you can buy chocolate. Our dorms were in another building, female only and we had to make our own bed (found hair on our sheets and pillows...)The breakfast is just the basic really, no cheese or ham. The staff wasn't the most pleasant and maintenance of the hostel is bad ( in terms of cleaning , changing light bulbs.e.g. sofas in common area were ruptured). No value for money for sure.

SECURITY: Decent. No hassle to get in at night. LOCATION: Not bad, not great. 30 minute walk to the city centre and close to metro. Surronding area was decent, but not spectacular. STAFF: People at front desk were mostly friendly. Others who worked at the hostel did not seem to speak english. ATMOSPHERE: Bar staff were nice, but the bar was very low-key. ROOM: Lamp in room was broken. Door handle fell off. Electricty shortout during visit. BREAKFAST: Included, but ended at 10 - not 10:30.

The best cost-benefit ever for the younger travelers!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • oliveiralil
  • Portugal

There is a dressing room which I found it great as there was a hair dryer, straightener and beauty products available - the hostel is located right next to the metro station Simonis.

Pros -close to metro -free breakfast (minimal options: toast, cereal, jam/butter) Cons -ladies dorm in separate building one block away, in a very dark area. I saw some questionable people lurking around some nights. Spoke to other girls who said they also felt unsafe and needed to be more alert. - apathetic staff - emailed for directions from airport and never received a response until two days after I arrived. Response was apathetic, brief and confusing. Would never recommend it.

A perfectly serviceable hostel - basic room, ok breakfast provided (cereal, toast etc), staff reasonably friendly. It's relatively easy to get the metro train to where the hostel is near to, though it's worth getting a day pass as there are several stops you may wish to change at. Atmosphere wasn't great though - didn't seem to be any organised evenings or opportunities to get the people staying at the hostel to intermingle or mix very much. Pretty good value for money for what you pay.

I would not like to stay in the room I was in. It is a cheap hostel though. The breakfast was better then other places.

Hello Hostel was good, value for money with breakfast included (continental). There's a decent common room, and a good kitchen with all necessary equipment. We stayed in a private twin, which was quite a small room with a bunk beds. There was not great natural light, but a window. Beds weren't too comfortable but clean sheets provided for free. Showers and toilets were clean

The staff was so friendly and helpful and facilities were fine!

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Romania

The hostel is near the metro station which is very convenient when moving around. Although we were given a room in the ground floor, and there were people celebrating their birthday outside of our room so we heard the birthday song a number of times.

Nice separate block for female. But staircase is too narrow, be careful if you have a large backpack. I was first one in the room but my bed wasn't made. Feels safe if you're a solo female traveller.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6