Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

The staff is very rude. One of the shower did not had water and they did not but anything saying. Cold water for shower. Just one outlet per room. WiFi connection just in the common area.

Had an absolutely awesome time at this hostel, everyone was really friendly. The bar is moderately priced, and even though its out of the centre, it is walkable, and there is a metro station right next door.

I personally had an incredible time at Hello Hostel! Although I think that was because of the other backpackers. I'd say overall the hostel was average. Not a party hostel but still pretty fun. Close to the metro, showers were clean but not very hot, the wifi was good, kitchen had most things you'd need, and the rooms were decent sized. What I didn't like was the "curfew". At night the staff would make us leave the common area and tell us to go to bed or to go outside. Would stay again.

There is no lockers in the rooms and the bed things are not good enough. The location is not near the city center although near a metro station.

My stayed in Hello Hostel was really good. The gHostel has such a nice atmosphere, the rooms are good and clean, It's really close from a Metro Station, where you can go wherever you want to and the breakfast is really nice. The neighborhood is good with supermarket and restaurants close from it. The lounge of the Hostel is realy nice where I met such nice persons from other countries. I really recommend the stay and Enjoyed every single moment!

Great hostel! It's not quite on the center, but you could walk and its a nice walk. Got to meet very nice persons. They have a bar, with a very friendly bartender. Totally recommended! Just be careful, in the showers, the firsts splashes are FREEZING.

If you're a girl travelling on your own, this hostel may not be a good choice. During my last night there, some random drunk guy made it to my 6-bed room and was trying to find a free bed! He got into the bed of a female traveller, who did no notice him right away. After 3 minutes, she woke up and started talking to him. She was a little drunk too, I think. It was a good thing there were other people in the room, 2 of which were her friends.

bestt hostel ever. staff is super kind, very clean hostel too. location is a bit far but very much accessible.

I liked my staying in Hello Hostel, it was a nice place, close to city centre. One thing I did not like was shower rooms, the water used to get cold in 2 minutes and I had to push button in every 10 seconds for the water not to stop. I did have the difficulty to get a shower there but everything else was good. The breakfast was delicious and the stuff was very helpful.

Good Hostel, has a good location and has good facilities. The breakfast is simple, but is quite tasty (you can choose different drinks, as cappuccino and chocolate). I was looking for a quiet Hostel, and it was exactly the atmosphere that I have found. But the bar could be a little bit more cozy.

Excellent cleanliness. One day I woke up at 5am accidentally, went for a bathroom and saw a staff mopping the floor. Yet the showers have varying temperatures, no choice of its hotness - sometimes when it is warm enough it suddenly turns cold.

Wif only in the common area. only one shower for the corridor, but didn't have problems with it. Just next to the subway station, but quite far from the real center of Brussels

Very good common room, free breakfast, great kitchen, very helpful staff and fast computers. Only downside would be distance from city centre but only 15ish min walk

I stayed in a four female bed dorm, with bunks, the room was in a separate building in which we thought it would be all women, but it was not. The wifi was great in the room, which was very nice. They showers and bathrooms were clean and nice. One didn't lock, though, which was a bit unsettling. They were also a bit dark. Breakfast was fine, breads and cereals and drinks, nothing special, but nice to have. The neighborhood was not great, according to several local. Metro stop very close though.

Perfect place for those wanting a nice place to stay in Brussels. Facilities are awesome, including a bar with couches and tables, providing a way to meet people easily. Security is huge, with their cameras everywhere and well contrlled acess through the front door. I'd definitely recommend this place Only problem: internet is not available in the rooms, you must go to the common area

Just a regular hostel. Nothing overly special or bad. It is in a nice location itself, but a little ways from the centre of the city. Still I had no trouble walking to everything I wanted to see. Not enough outlets in the rooms though and the breakfast was only ok.

• 12th Dec 2014

Stayed quite a few nights here on and off so complaints are few. There could be more sockets in rooms. Would like to see coffee making facilities as I saw only a coffee/ cocoa machine. There are teabags left behind by others but no milk available to add to it if it is tea that takes milk. More warnings needed re noise at night and not nicking food that's not yours. otherwise a great hostel and I have every intention of returning!!

Not the best choice if you like leaving the hostel and walk around. Too far from city center, though you can take the tram anyway. Facilities are great and a really cozy common area. Still recommended!

Not as good as you might expect for a hostel with the best evaluation at hostelworld. The female rooms were in a different building, in another block. The kitchen was nice, bus the room had no lockers or sockets next to all the beds. The breakfast didn't have many options. Nice stay, but I expected more.

DO NOY STAY HERE! we booked a room, paid for it and was given the key. when we opened the door we were surprised to find men in the room- when we booked an all female room. we went to tell the lady she said her boss told her there has been a mistake but didn't give her the name of who would have wrong room. she said we could only have partial of the money back. so not only were we standed in brussels but we had paid for their mistake- all hostels sold out so had to pay for a hotel

• 6th Dec 2014