Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Stayed quite a few nights here on and off so complaints are few. There could be more sockets in rooms. Would like to see coffee making facilities as I saw only a coffee/ cocoa machine. There are teabags left behind by others but no milk available to add to it if it is tea that takes milk. More warnings needed re noise at night and not nicking food that's not yours. otherwise a great hostel and I have every intention of returning!!

Not the best choice if you like leaving the hostel and walk around. Too far from city center, though you can take the tram anyway. Facilities are great and a really cozy common area. Still recommended!

Not as good as you might expect for a hostel with the best evaluation at hostelworld. The female rooms were in a different building, in another block. The kitchen was nice, bus the room had no lockers or sockets next to all the beds. The breakfast didn't have many options. Nice stay, but I expected more.

DO NOY STAY HERE! we booked a room, paid for it and was given the key. when we opened the door we were surprised to find men in the room- when we booked an all female room. we went to tell the lady she said her boss told her there has been a mistake but didn't give her the name of who would have wrong room. she said we could only have partial of the money back. so not only were we standed in brussels but we had paid for their mistake- all hostels sold out so had to pay for a hotel

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Wales

Clean. Comfortable. Safe. Definitely recommend. Thank you for given opportunity. Would love to stay here again.

I stayed in Hello Hostel only one night (short time to have a more complete impression) but anyway I was much satisfied for that type of accommodation. Good location, nice, relaxed atmosphere, kind staff... The next time in Brussels I would choose the same hostel.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

Very nice hostel. The only objection is that some of my food disappeared from the fridge ;)

At night the neighborhood seems kind of sketchy (I was alone) but great during the day (residential, large park nearby). The hostel is definitely not in the center of Brussels but it is conveniently located less than 5min away from the metro. The facilities were very clean. I found that the common areas weren't as lively or conducive to socializing as other hostels I've been in which was disappointing because I was traveling alone. Also, the 6-person dorm I was in only had one power outlet.

• 21st Nov 2014

nice clean place, would go back.

This place is a nice place to stay in Brussels. It's really close to the metro station, it's include a great breakfast and the room is ok.

Really liked the hostel. It was really near metro line, and helped me for maps/directions.

No lockers available, bit of a creepy street to walk down at nice. Staff were helpful and willing to change my booking a couple of times. Room floors were dirty though, sheets had holes in them and beds were lumpy. Showers were cold and lights kept turning off. I was right above the common room so very noisy. Breakfast was okay. Feel like I paid a lot and got a little.

I lost my bag but cctv (camera) is broken!!!! Why? Plz plz plz ㅠㅠㅠ

Great staff, decent location close to metro access. Bathrooms were dimy lit and not the cleanest, but well enough. Main issue was the (drunk?) soccer players that were wandering around in the hallways and making a lot of noise at night. Of course they had to pester my girlfriend too. That's not exactly the hostel's fault, but I'm sure they could hear the noise and other guests were likely annoyed too.

The showers could use some cleaning but overall everything was nice and clean. Value for money

I stayed for four nights in a 4 be rooms. The room was very big. It was in the all girls section. Which is a seperate building with its own kitchen and wifi. The room I was in had a huge window that looked out onto the street, so that was a bit weird. The breakfast was good and there was a print service. Directly across from the metro line and only a 20 minute walk from down town.

Exactly how all hostels should be! The hostel has a good kitchen facility and a great common area. The location is far from the city center, but extremely close to a convenient Metro station. My only complaints are that there wasn't Wi-Fi in the rooms (only in the common area) and breakfast was mediocre (but it was free). Overall, I highly recommend this hostel.

Room is tooooo humid you will see fungi on wall

In my room I had a complete wall with moisture!! Not really nice!

• 27th Oct 2014

The hostel was lovely - very basic facilities but clean and comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly. Very chilled atmosphere. Literally a 2 minute walk from Gare du Simonis.

• 23rd Oct 2014