Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Good value for money, the staff are nice & helpful, the location is ok as it is close to a metro station but it is not in the centre. Breakfast was good, my room was clean & nice, no real issues with this hostel.

Location was okay. But really close to the metro so that's good. Stayed in the girls dorm so it was a little further but not that much. The showers weren't that good. Most of the water ran down the wall.

All girls room are down the street away from the main hostel so keep that in mind. Good location near the metro. Staff had good advice where to go. Found the atmosphere lacked the social aspect. Although there is a bar there is nothing to promote people in the hostel getting together. Overall ok. Breakfast was decent in the morning.

Would've been nice to have lockers in the rooms, but you can't get everything. Nice and clean. I was in the 'other' building, and it seemed to be all females which was comforting security-wise. They have computers you can use and will print off travels docs if you need it. Wifi didn't make it to the rooms, but was good in the common areas. Basic breakfast. Metro is right there. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Awful room. It was so loud all the time, the walls were paper thin. The staff was extremly unhelpful and hard to find. They even gave an extra key to a random stranger who let herself into our room in the middle of our stay. Luckily we were in the room. The showers were the worst I have ever had to use and the area of town is a quite sketchy to walk through. Very slow wifi and the map they gave us didnt even have the street the hostel was on on it making to awful to try and get around

Our stay here was okay, but probably wouldn't stay there again. We didn't sleep well as the mattresses were so thin (I could actually feel the metal bars of the bed pressing through). There were no big lockers in the dorm, only small ones downstairs and there was no curtain in our room. However, the breakfast was quite nice and there are enough bathrooms and showers to go round and there is a bar area where you can get cheap pizza! I think it would be a nice hostel if they just refurbished it.

Everything was so great. Thank you so much.

I was in the building on the opposite street- it was nice, but very old. It's not in the best part of town, and kind of far from things. Didn't feel incredibly safe walking around as a solo female traveler. I loved the atmosphere though- everyone was very friendly and their bar/common area is an amazing way to meet people. Go to Delirium Bar if you come to Brussels, definitely something you won't want to miss.

Great location, cleanliness, security qnd friendly staff may make this hostel the best all over Europe. The staff treat the guests as the owner of the place. The place is always quiet although you have a big time at the bar during dinner. The kitchen is super clean with 3 stoves, microwave, toaster, fridge and plenty of dishes and spoon. Hello hostel will be the start of any of my travels inEurope in the near future.

It is quiet out of the city. I spent there one night, so for one night it was really good. The breakfast was okay. The staff was a little bit weird. I was standing in the door 2-3 minutes to get in the hostel. The room was really clean. The bar was okay either.

The bathroom floor was nearly always covered in water and bit disappointing that although the sheets were fresh, the quilt covers are not changed after every guest. Since there was no one at reception at the time either, i had to wait at the door with another girl till someone let us in and then search the hostel for someone who could help me. Also I booked through hostel world which let me choose my check in at 11am, however when I arrived I was not allowed to check in till 12pm.

• 23rd May 2015

The staff are very friendly I wish that the wifi signal was stronger.

The hostel is very easy to get to its just across the street from the metro, and the hostel has a good vibe to it.

Beds were SO uncomfortable. Blankets were really gross -- seemed as though they hadn't been washed in months. Staff was not brimming with cheer, but nice/ helpful enough. Seemed to be understaffed as the only receptionist had to run back and forth from the bar to reception.Could hear people vomiting outside my window and in the toilets. The common room has potential to be a fun place, but the music was pretty bad and there was not a good vibe. Sadly, I was happy to say goodbye to Hello Hostel.

Really lovely hostel! Lots of fun staying here and hanging out with new friends in the lounge.

Great hostel, very clean, location is good, close to train station. It was quiet, we arrived on a Monday. Well cared for, good kitchen, would recommend as the place to stay in Brussels.

The fact that breakfast was included for the price was reasonable

Good number of showers/toilets. Clean. Beds were not comfy - Ikea mattresses, thin, sank in the middle when laying on them. Breakfast was nice, lack of plates. cereal, brioche with butter, jam, only 1 toaster. coffee was average. Only really good plus was this hostel is right by a metro and had a bar with cheap drinks. It did what we needed but wan't as nice as other hostels I've stayed in in Brussels.

At some mid night, there was a noisysome guest. Once again you need to make attention to such a guest.

Location is good, it is reachable by metro and is not too far from city center. Also over weekend when you done partying and want to take public transport it is reachable by bus. Staff is not that talkative and sometimes you have to push them to get answers, though few of them are good. Hostel has plenty of informative maps etc. which helps in roaming around the city. Worst part is its bed, I got a backache problem which worsens as mattress were in improper shape and bed lacks hard bottoms.