Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Despite the hostel is next to the subway, it´s quite far from downtown, like 30/35 minutes by walking. I didn´t feel safe inside the room because the locker was broken! Staff is friendly, the bar is great, breakfast is very good and the city map they give us is amazing. Good wi-fi. PS.: Room is smelly!!!

Very clean and nice hostel, not really close to the city centre but there's a metro station about one minute walk from hostel. Good value for money and big common room where to share drinks and make friendship.

The hostel is located nearby the metro simonis, it is very easy access to other metro station but for walking wise the location of this hostel is poor, you need to walk for about 3km to the manneke pis and what the worst thing is that within the 2,5km of the vicinity of the hostel is all arabians area, that means you have to walk past the whole arab town to get to the center. My mattress is too thin comparing to other people the staff refuse to change for me. Kitchen is good.

really good hostel, great staff, clean and good breakfest

Somewhat seedy location, not particularly central but good access to the metro. Female only building is separate from the main hostel, good facilities inside including kitchen, hair dryers, dressing room.

The showers were very dirty, looked like the soap scum had been building for years. The beds were very uncomfortable as the mattresses were very poor quality and thin. The hostel is not located near the city but there is a metro stop very close. Breakfast was good.

Great cordiality of the owner of the place, advice and recommendations of where to go in Brussels

it was great. nice staff and good breakfast! and the place where taking a shower is so clean. and there are lots of facilities, only defict is wifi is so weak that we had to do internet in common room.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

I loved the hostel except for the system of shower and bad connection of wifi. When you take a shower you need to keep pushing the bottom so the water comes out. I stayed in the female only building but there were some guys there so i got confused. Also the wifi in the building was so bad I could not connect for a couple days, but it worked afterwards. All over, it was good to stay there

Great stay! Kitchen was fully equipped and clean, lovely bar to socialize and meet people! Overall great stay and made our time in Brussels very wonderful!

This hostel is like a hidden gem! My friend and I stayed there for two nights and it was so lovely! The common area is great to meet people and the kitchen is awesome for cooking food! The metro is a two minute walk from there and it's very clean and cozy! Definitely would stay again!

Great cheap beer at the hostel!

It is really nice but it's a little bit far from the downtown although the metro station is very near so you can get everywhere easily.

I would say this is a worth while place to stay. I didn't realize they would be throwing a New Year's party from midnight to 7am in their bar, so I was a bit upset that night. I didn't sleep very well because the music was quite loud from the room I was in. It's a fairly large facility. They have an open use kitchen, so if you have a really tight budget that can come in handy. (or special nutrition needs) Also, they're practically right across from a subway station.

• 31st Dec 2013

Hostel bar is awesome. Breakfast is above average - wide variety of breads and such. No dry place to put your clothes while showering. Dorm rooms are a decent size but feel small. 4 beds in mine, plus table and chairs. I woke up my roommates when I checked in at 9 pm. Very close to a tram stop, so easy to access. Located down an otherwise empty street. Looks sketchy at night, but plenty of people around during the day. The maps here (made my locals) are priceless.

Great place to sleep after a long day, good bar and pretty clean rooms. Only hitch is that the place is quite far from the center.

Looks like new, good environment

It is a nice enough hostel to stay for a night.

My friends and i stayed in private room (our room is at the girl's hostel on the rooftop). I would say I love the room complete with toilet, bathroom, kitchen and very spacious, nice view, clean, beautiful room. Just the problem was that I can't access the wifi in the room. overall, I'm very satisfied with the hostel!

I was only passing through en route to Berlin so stayed a total of 7 hours overnight but from what I saw it seemed a well organised place and a decent hostel.

• 16th Dec 2013