Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

The bathroom floor was nearly always covered in water and bit disappointing that although the sheets were fresh, the quilt covers are not changed after every guest. Since there was no one at reception at the time either, i had to wait at the door with another girl till someone let us in and then search the hostel for someone who could help me. Also I booked through hostel world which let me choose my check in at 11am, however when I arrived I was not allowed to check in till 12pm.

• 23rd May 2015

The staff are very friendly I wish that the wifi signal was stronger.

The hostel is very easy to get to its just across the street from the metro, and the hostel has a good vibe to it.

Beds were SO uncomfortable. Blankets were really gross -- seemed as though they hadn't been washed in months. Staff was not brimming with cheer, but nice/ helpful enough. Seemed to be understaffed as the only receptionist had to run back and forth from the bar to reception.Could hear people vomiting outside my window and in the toilets. The common room has potential to be a fun place, but the music was pretty bad and there was not a good vibe. Sadly, I was happy to say goodbye to Hello Hostel.

Really lovely hostel! Lots of fun staying here and hanging out with new friends in the lounge.

Great hostel, very clean, location is good, close to train station. It was quiet, we arrived on a Monday. Well cared for, good kitchen, would recommend as the place to stay in Brussels.

The fact that breakfast was included for the price was reasonable

Good number of showers/toilets. Clean. Beds were not comfy - Ikea mattresses, thin, sank in the middle when laying on them. Breakfast was nice, lack of plates. cereal, brioche with butter, jam, only 1 toaster. coffee was average. Only really good plus was this hostel is right by a metro and had a bar with cheap drinks. It did what we needed but wan't as nice as other hostels I've stayed in in Brussels.

At some mid night, there was a noisysome guest. Once again you need to make attention to such a guest.

Location is good, it is reachable by metro and is not too far from city center. Also over weekend when you done partying and want to take public transport it is reachable by bus. Staff is not that talkative and sometimes you have to push them to get answers, though few of them are good. Hostel has plenty of informative maps etc. which helps in roaming around the city. Worst part is its bed, I got a backache problem which worsens as mattress were in improper shape and bed lacks hard bottoms.

I loved the common room/bar area

When I arrived there was a beautiful Swedish woman working, she was very polite and spoke some english. The next day There was a gentleman working who wanted nothing to do with English speaking tourists and rudely ignored my request for directions. Upon leaving the hostel I was approached by multiple groups of local men who followed me and insisted I stop to talk to them. Clearly trying to lead me away from the crowded streets to rob me.. It was a very uncomfortable situation. Be careful!

Lovely hostel, great room! Very friendly staff and breakfast was great in the morning. Would use again!

The worst accommodation we have ever had!! No way Wi-fi,the beds squeaky at every movement , have to pay for towels and cleanliness dubious, tthe shame breakfast: bread with jam and milk, toilets and showers are in the hallway. If I read all this I would not be staying here ever. Avoid!

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Romania

1. Start accepting payment by cards 2. Staff can be more friendly 3.make shower room on top floor also.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • India

I along with my friends stayed for 2 nights. The place is situated very close to Metro Station which makes city movement easy. The staff is also very helpful. Will look forward to stay again if I visit Brussles

• 17th Apr 2015
  • India

Nice hostel. Clean dorms, comfortable beds. Spacious and the best part is there is a garden adjoining your room where you can chill out with friends, smoke a cigarette or just have a blast. There is a nice cheap bar with free wi-fi. Oh, the best part is that breakfast is complimentary.....very helpful if you're on a tight budget; would be visiting this hostel again for sure. Some recommendations though: they should provide proper blankets and not just sheets; I was literally shivering

Very easy to arrive!

It was the best one so far. I loved the pub as a lounge and they have computers for you to use whenever you want. The staff is very friendly and they give you good advices about what is going on in the city. The breakfast is good and the hostel is very organized. The location, however, is not that good. It's about 40 minutes from the city centre, but there is a subway station right on the corner. I would definitely recommend this hostel! thank you

Several of the staff were standoffish, but two men were so helpful they made up for the others. It is a ways away from the city center, but very near a metro stop.