Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Room is tooooo humid you will see fungi on wall

In my room I had a complete wall with moisture!! Not really nice!

• 27th Oct 2014

The hostel was lovely - very basic facilities but clean and comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly. Very chilled atmosphere. Literally a 2 minute walk from Gare du Simonis.

• 23rd Oct 2014

As a female travelling alone I found this place great! Even though the metro was at the end of the street I walked into the city every day (about 30 mins) and didn't have any trouble. It was great having breakfast included, the jam was so good! The hostel was clean and the communal kitchen was a great place to meet people. Would definitely stay again and recommend.

Great stay overall, lots of young people, breakfast included, rented a towel, and wifi was strong. Close to all central things in Brussels and the Basilic/Park is right there to hang out at. Good food on the same street and it's a great place for even 4-5days (with trips to Ghent and Bruges, of course). Would def reccommend ! -Seattle, WA

Fine overall-- did the job. Not scary for a solo female traveller, although the city was, a bit (it's a culture of catcalling-- be warned!).

Location is ok, is not in the heart of the city but so close to a metro station which makes it better... Wifi signal should be better, it is very good that they have a couple of PCs for free internet, but wifi could be improved... wouldn't reject to book again there though.

It appeared very clean, however I did find an old packet of Burger King fries stuffed down the side of my bed. I'm not sure how long they were there for, but it did make me wonder if my sheets had been hanged between guests.

The hostel is around a subway station, that's about 20-30 minutes by subway to the downtown area, but the area isn't the best. And as a female travelling alone, I disliked how I had to travel past the hostel to get to the separate female dorm down the street. There weren't many people there when I stayed, so the atmosphere wasn't anything special.

There are no lockers in the room. The staff member who greeted me was very unfriendly (Though to be fair she seemed quite ill, in which case don't come to work). The location is not really walking distance to anything but there's a metro really close so it's not too bad. The linens given to me had dirt on them and there are no sockets by the beds. The kitchen/bar is good but this hostel wasn't up to the standards of most others. I probably wouldn't stay again.

Small hostel, easy to meet people. very cute cubby bunk beds and huge pillows. breakfast is ok (free)

Housekeepers changed the wrong bed so when I arrived I got into a nice clean bed which I assumed was for me but was rudely awoken hours later by a girl who claimed it was hers. I wasn't up for arguing so I moved. Paper thin walls so it's quite noisy however they so ask for quiet at 10/11pm, not that they enforce it. Showers are pants, like the showers you get at swimming where you have to keep hold of or keep pressing the button. Free breakfast was okay - bread, jam,brioche,museli and tea

A lot of people mention location as an issue here. It's true if a 15 min transit and a 4 euro round trip train ticket every time you go out is a concern for you. Everything is decent across the board, but the common area and bar were exceptional. Pity it isn't in a better location to attract more people. The vibe wasn't great when I was there, but that doesn't mean it isn't better on other nights obviously.

When I arrived, myself and another girl had to actually leave the hostel, to go a few yards further down the street in a seperate building, because our rooms were there. Was not cool at all. The rooms were super tiny and dirty I did not even have fresh sheets on the bed!!! All in all I was quite disappointed and I must say the area where the hostel is located iss very uncomfortable, not good to walk around at night even less when youre a gril and alone.

a little bit out of the city centre, but right near a metro line which takes you straight into the city

A bit far away from the city center, but close to the metro. Godiva's factory is close to the hostel -where you can buy chocolate. Our dorms were in another building, female only and we had to make our own bed (found hair on our sheets and pillows...)The breakfast is just the basic really, no cheese or ham. The staff wasn't the most pleasant and maintenance of the hostel is bad ( in terms of cleaning , changing light bulbs.e.g. sofas in common area were ruptured). No value for money for sure.

SECURITY: Decent. No hassle to get in at night. LOCATION: Not bad, not great. 30 minute walk to the city centre and close to metro. Surronding area was decent, but not spectacular. STAFF: People at front desk were mostly friendly. Others who worked at the hostel did not seem to speak english. ATMOSPHERE: Bar staff were nice, but the bar was very low-key. ROOM: Lamp in room was broken. Door handle fell off. Electricty shortout during visit. BREAKFAST: Included, but ended at 10 - not 10:30.

The best cost-benefit ever for the younger travelers!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • oliveiralil
  • Portugal

There is a dressing room which I found it great as there was a hair dryer, straightener and beauty products available - the hostel is located right next to the metro station Simonis.

Pros -close to metro -free breakfast (minimal options: toast, cereal, jam/butter) Cons -ladies dorm in separate building one block away, in a very dark area. I saw some questionable people lurking around some nights. Spoke to other girls who said they also felt unsafe and needed to be more alert. - apathetic staff - emailed for directions from airport and never received a response until two days after I arrived. Response was apathetic, brief and confusing. Would never recommend it.