Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Promised fruit for breakfast, we got none. No coffee for breakfast. Wifi hardly worked and only in some places. Showers were gross and there want enough of them. Me and my travel companion had hair on our sheets and pillows..."fresh" from the bag they gave us. No lockers and there were two doors in our room, where there was always at least one left open...so safe. The receptionist was rude and unwelcoming. This hostel managed to sour my first experience of Brussels. THANKS

The hostel is well-located (not near the city centre but near a metro station), clean and lively. We appreciated free city maps and the computers you can use. breakfast was WONDERFUL! there is also a large kitchen..so good facilities! :) staff was ok. in my opinion, the cons are price (it's not a cheap hostel) and showers: you have to push the water button several times because the hostel has a save-the-water-policy (that's a bit annoying)...but, among all, i would recommand this hostel!

Hostel is super easy to find. Big plus for that.

Very good hostel, good location. I checked in at 2:00 PM without problem. Near the metro station.

The hostel had two locations and placed me in the separate location from the main location. The second building did not have several of the facilities as the main building. It only had 3 showers and bathrooms in the building and the lockers were located in the main building in a locked room so you could only access your locked belongings during front desk hours. However the price was excellent.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to, as far as staff and facilities go. However, guests hanging out in the patio til late at night made it hard to get proper sleep. Considering most rooms face the patio, the noise and the loud chatter was just too much.

Overall it was a great hostel. Clean and had a decent free breakfast. It was just a bit far from the city center. About a 30 minute walk. But the metro is right next to it so you can catch that if you don't want to walk. Overall good stay. It was really quiet so had a great night of sleep. Would recommend.

Well located hostel. But the hostel dorm I was staying in was not very nice. There were bed bugs and some fungus like thing on the ceiling

Horrible!! The 24 hr reception is bogus. The "night security" who watches the desk until 8:30am put up a "back in 5 min" sign, after waiting 20 mins early in the morning, I went looking and found a sweet old man who works the kitchen who helped me. HOWEVER, i missed my bus! When I went back the "night security" was so rude, said it was my fault! I should have SEARCHED for HIM!! The staff at 8:30 were super nice though. Mattress practically didn't exist, I slept on the wood slots all night! Sick

This was a nice hostel to spend a couple of nights in. It wasn't in the city centre, but really close to a metro. Great that it was beside the Godiva factory! I liked that the hostel seemed quite eco conscious, with little things such as recycling facilities, info, and shower timers to encourage sustainable use. Friendly staff, a cute place, I would recommend for a short stay.

Great place, met some great people

Had a decent stay. It's a bit far from the Center, staff were lovely, and the breakfast was nice

I thought it was closeby to the city centre but it's not, only thing close by is a kebab shop!!

• 28th Jul 2014

The place was great, felt secure, staff was friendly. Great location near the subway. Very reasonable price. I would most definitely return.

• 28th Jul 2014

Located right by the Simonis metro stop which takes you right into the centre. Location itself is nice with cafés round the corner and a nice park to walk through. Spacious rooms. Good bathrooms and toilet facilities. Blackout blinds in the rooms and a heater. Free breakfast which is just cereals and breads with jam/marmalade and a toaster, free drinks. Free wifi in certain areas of the hostel, good connection and plug sockets about.

Hostel upstairs smelled like it was cleaned only with water. Maybe change your cleaning products.

I stayed in the other building and this made it difficult to interact with everyone there.Also it was really far away from the center, so you had to be back before 12 because that's when the metro closes. The bar in the hostel was good though. But the kitchen in the other building( not the main one) is small and not working very well.

Top notch little hostel!!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Nice hostel just near the metro station. Everything is clean and safe. I stayed in the second building (girls building) and everything was ok. I've found it more quiet than the main building.The kitchen is perfect to save your money. Supermarkets are not far. The rooms are small and people respectful. Staff are very helpful. Breakfast is not varied but ok to start a day and there is always something even if you want to take it late in the morning. I recommend this hostel.

Very good hostel, with great facilitities. Defo reccomend!