Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

The showers upstairs could be cleaner, but outside that great hostel

• 17th Dec 2015

The hotel is not very clean, very noisy, and the free breakfast is lame. On Thursday night the owners hosted an extremely loud party from 21:00 to 6:00 which made sleeping impossible. The hotel did assign me a room in a nearby hostel they own though.

• 16th Dec 2015

The hostel is close to public transport however in quite a scary neighbourhood I felt very uncomfortable walking there. However the receptionist was nice and when I found that there was no space in the room I had booked he was quick to upgrade me to a private. He also allowed me to print my boarding pass off. The beds are hard as are the pillows only staying one night.

• 16th Dec 2015

Brussels Hello Hostel exceeded my expectations! It was a great location extremely close to the metro. The room was spacious and clean. There were lots of resources designed to get to know the area. I especially liked the pamphlets created, they were so fun and informative! François the bartender/staff was super knowledgeable and friendly. He was willing to answer all questions I had and provide extra information. The bar prices were also affordable and the place was a fun atmosphere.

• 8th Dec 2015

Great location, right next to the metro and easy to find! Average breakfast but still great that it is included. The rooms didn't have lockers or any place to lock valuables. And it took a while to get some toilet paper in the bathrooms. But I'd stay here again, overall great location great value!

I appreciate : friendly staff, young and easy-going atmosphere, good price, complete facilities only "default" : the location is really not at a good district of Brussels

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

One of the greatest hostel in Europe, the place is amazing, the people who work in the hostel are really nice! Great days in Brussels in hello hostel

• 4th Dec 2015

Definitely will not come back.The shower only work for 15 seconds.Each time you need to press the button for more water.What the heck is that?The receptionist also awful.We order for female dorm but keep place into mixed dorm even after request.The third time finally we got a female dorm.The room itself not clean.The guy that check out early in morning until the next day his bed not been clean off.No locker for luggage in room.Poor facilities,poor customer service

Well, I cancelled my stay a week before I was supposed to arrive due to the terrorism. I communicated through email and was told "no problem". The website says that we are charged a 5€ deposit and the rest is due upon arrival. Therefore I figured I was only out 15€ for me and my 2 friends. Then I get my credit card statement and it shows I was billed $69.72 for the hostel I never stayed in. I emailed the hostel about it and they never responded. Now I get to dispute it with my credit company.

• 28th Nov 2015

Great clean hostel with good bar and free Breakie

The hostel was clean and the staff were helpful but the place seemed lacking in atmosphere during my stay. I put that down to the fact i was travelling in November which im guessing would be one of their quieter months. They have a good bar at the hostel which serves reasonably priced beers and pizza and i imagine during busy periods this would be a good place to hang out and meet new people. The hostel is about a 30 min walk from city centre but there is a train station 2 mins away.

• 17th Nov 2015

This is a party hostel. I was awakened multiple times throughout the night by drunk people singing in the halls and outside the room on the ground floor, despite a supposed 10 pm quiet time. There are no lockers in the rooms, and the showers are difficult to use due to how small they are. Also the area of town is sketchy--I didn't feel safe walking here after dark, which in the winter is anytime after 5 pm basically. One plus was the dressing room, where there are hair dryers and large mirrors.

I stood in a 4 beds dorm located in the backyard of the hostel, so to get in or off the dorm was necessary to walk in the outside, with freezing temperatures. Also the bedroom smelled really bad and no one came to clean it during my 3 nights stay. There is no lockers, so you need take extra care with your belongings. Although the atmosphere at the bar is nice, the staff was usually rude and unhelpful. The breakfast is simple but decent. It is well located but far from the center!

The Hello Hostel was a nice place to stay while I was traveling solo in Brussels. It is outside of the city center, which is the big draw back. Besides that, though, it was great. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were basic and clean. The included breakfast is very, very minimal but hey, free food is free food when your a college student traveling Europe. Staff was very helpful and let me store my suitcase in the locker room for free after I checked out.

I liked it. Staff were really helpful. Even willing to change my room at last minute when I didn't feel comfortable sleeping in a room with only males. Good location as well. Very easy to use as a base

Very good hostel, with good atmosphere, close to the metro station and amazing staff. Cheers to Cecilia and François that were very helpful and cheerful.

the most beautiful hostel ever.

Very easy to find, very good facilities, I particularly found the common room & the kitchen very convenient. I really enjoyed my stay there!

I think you should add the route from North Station to Elisabeth, because that's the fastest route to yours hostel. And make sure tourists will know the station Simonis and Elisabeth are at the same station.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

Lovely staff! Free breakfast = awesome! Shame about the showers - very grimy and nowhere you could get dressed without your clothes getting wet. Another annoyance was no plug sockets near the top bunks. Location-wise, I don't mind that it's a metro ride from the centre. What bothers me is that I felt unsafe walking home - it's not on a main road and it's poorly lit, and I heard there've been lots of muggings which puts me off. Even in the day I didn't feel safe, so wouldn't stay again.