Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Please don't put up the "Be back in five minutes" sign when you intend to leave for more than five minutes. Waited fifteen minutes outside like an idiot when I needed to check in and a bit more than ten minutes at the desk when I had to check out (finally gave up on waiting and gave the keys back to the bartender).

• 8th Jun 2014

Air in the room was really bad and there was loud music till 1 or 2 in the morning. I could live with that, but at 2 am in the morning a drunk guy who was staying in our room came and was drunk as hell, because the stuff were falling down and he was talking to himself really loudly.. It is not hostel's fault, but it made my staying less comfortable, because I don't know how much sleep I got that night. If you want some peace and quiet choose another hostel.

only a block away from the tube, the subway is the best option for travel, an cheap too. The lounge area, patio, and bar allow for socializing between all the guests and a great atmosphere to meet people.

This is not the best hostel for meeting people, especially in the second building as there is no common space. The breakfast is just carbs, but the coffee is not instant! The location is quite far out of town but there is not much to see in Brussels anyways

It's completely a disaster to stay in this hostel. When I arrive the room which locates in different street, I found that all the beds are occupied and I have to go back to main building. They said they are over booked and only have rooms in main building. So I have to move my entire luggage back from the other street. At night, the bar inside the hostel changes to disco! They have very loud music which make me can’t sleep all over the night! The people who go to bar then smoke and talk next to my window

• 30th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Everything is fine except no lockers in dorm room.

I would have appreciated in-room lockers and a better attitude toward security, but all in all it is a decent, safe place to stay with a breakfast. Be warned, however, that all Windows open onto the courtyard, which is a lovely place to sit and eat or drink or relax, but which can be quite Noisy until well after midnight.

Good but a bit noisy

Only stayed here for one night but we were very impressed with Brussels Hello Hostel. Beds were very comfortable, all facilities were modern and kept clean, and staff were very helpful. We had to checkout for a flight the next morning before breakfast started but we were allowed to have the free breakfast before we left anyways. 20-30 minute walk to the Grand Place which is great if you only have a day in Brussels and want to take a look around. Will definitely be staying here again!

Really nice little hostel right on Leopold Avenue. Staff was through and friendly. Kitchen was clean and well equipped. Go for a walk in the park around the corner. Only word of caution- it's a little far from the city center. I liked the quiet, homey atmosphere of the neighborhood, though. I actually enjoyed that it was outside the center. And metroing into the center takes 10 minutes. Great place.

Place is very far away from the city center.. must use the metro right next to it, walking is not feasible. breakfast is a cold breakfast with not much stuff, staff does not really speak english except for select few. but, overall, for someone who was only staying a night before going to paris from amsterdam it was fine - although we would have liked the breakfast and location to be a little better - but we knew the place would not be in the city center

Staff wasn't very helpful. We arrived and our room was in another building. The man didn't give us much information. Next day we asked the woman that was in reception and she was a bit rude and wasn't helpful at all! The duvet was dirty. The day we left there was another woman in reception and while we were waiting to do the check out there were others doing the check in and the woman was very nice with them! Breakfast was very good, you could take as many things as you wanted

Sadly, the quiet rule was not enforced one early morning. It was around 4am and a couple were fighting in hallway and the staff member did nothing to quiet them. I stepped outside my room and yelled down the hallway to 'shut up.' The staff member emerged and said they were fighting. I knew that already and I replied that they should be told to go outside which the staff member did and the couple left. But I should not have been one to tell the staff member what to do about an argumentat

It was a bit outside the main city but easy to pop on the metro. The room smelled a bit and the showers were a bit annoying to constently keep pushing, plus the bathrooms smelled too but it was probably due to the entire floor using them. We wished there were lockers in our room instead of the few small ones downstairs. The staff was friendly and it was nice to have a free breakfast.

the mattress didn't work... sounds like sleep on steal.

Fantastic hostel, could not have asked for a better stay in Brussels. The hostel is quite a way from the centre, but the metro system is super easy to use and it makes the drunk walks home even better! I had a wonderful time and I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Brussels. Super clean, safe and fun. Thanks guys.

This is way the best place to meet people. It has a wonderful lounge area with good music and a sunny patio. The shared kitchen is also well equiped, with two atomic stoves and plenty of space to do the dishes. I did not sleep there but all my stuff had been put in the luggage room for the cleaning, wich I found kind from the staff. A really good place to have a drink with travelers!

Acceptable hostel, but a tad expensive for its worth.

The location is not perfect. There is a metro station close to it, but for going to the center walking can be a little far. The worst part of the hostel was the party in commun area. A lot of laughing and music till late of night, than I could not sleep very well. The shower is also not that good, you have to pressure the button every 10 seconds to have more water.

So far everything nice for one or two nights. I wouldn't stay longer because of the bar in the house which makes it very noisy during nights. But staff very nice, breakfast ok (orange juice!), beds ok.