Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Location is a bit outside, but you can reach everything with the subway in 5-10 minutes. Hostel is noisy. You can hear when someone walks near your room. Room vibrates and is loud when subways (!) passes. No electric sockets near bed, so you cannot charge your mobile device near yourself at night (alarm!). Breakfast was poor. For a german no good bread, milk was warm, just some marmelade.

Nice place to stay at Brussels at a reasonable price. The wifi works just fine. The bathroom and the beds are all clean and comfy. Breakfast is nothing flashy, cereals and toasts and beverage. The common room/bar is a great place with awesome designs. If you don't like taking the metro, the location might be a downside for you but if you don't mind it shouldn't be a problem. By the way the female dorm is at a different building across the street, keep that in mind!

There was someone who snored in my room. I asked to change rooms and the receptionist at the time was very unhelpful and told me that I was just "unlucky to have someone who snored in my room and that that was the risk you take when you book into a hostel." He said there was nothing he could do as it was 1am. I highly doubt this. I went to sleep in the bar. I wouldn't recommend this hostel. It's very far from the center of town and my experience has put me off ever coming back here.

I really enjoyed my stay in the Brussels Hello Hostel! I stayed in a female 4 bed dorm and the room was really bright and spacious with a nice big window to air the room out if needed. The lounge room was a great place to go and relax after a long day of traveling - either for reading or using laptops/smartphones or just for general hanging out or eating. It was really great. The hostel is locked right near 2 Metro stations and is super easy to get to.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • k_aileen878303

This hostel isn't even close to the centre of town. However it's very close to a metro stop. The staff were very nice and the hostel was very clean.

Showers never hot

The female dorms were in a separate building which was a bit annoying, and there weren't enough bathrooms there considering there are only females in this building! Also it was impossible to see in the bathroom due to bad lighting. Rooms are spacious and clean, and quiet since its in a residential area. Apparently it's a dodgy area but didn't really notice but you have to use the metro to get to town. Don't miss the sandwich shop nearby which is listed in their 'cheap eats in the area' flyer.

The receptionist was very nice with me, really helpfully and friendly, rooms are clened, bathrooms and excellent facilities. Bar the best!!!!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Free break was great and great location so close to the station

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »