Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

The hostel was great in most aspects. A part of the hostel is separated from the main building, and is nearby (50 meters away). Location of the hostel is great, it's near metro station, you can also walk into the city centre. The separated part of the hostel has one room with 2 bunkbeds that have very poor sound isolation and therefore every sound from the street can be heard - but other rooms in that building are better.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Slovenia

We stayed in a double bed private. The room was really nice. They have a well equipped kitchen and a bar. The breakfast is not so rich but it was ok.

Would have liked storage in the rooms! Appreciated and enjoyed the included breakfast. Showers could've been better. Fun comfortable bar with really lovely and helpful bar tender.

This hostel was really nice and clean probably one of the best we stayed at on our trip. Accidentally locked our keys in the room at 5 am when leaving to check out which is our fault but honestly not unforgivable or so i thought until we had to deal with the rudest man alive who we couldn't find for 15 minutes and only spoke spanish. I tried to explain in spanish and he grabbed the wrong key and blamed us for that and was cursing us out under his breath the whole time.. yeah i heard that..

Sad that there was not free coffee at breakfast

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Latvia

Located just out of the city but so easy to get to. The female dorm is separated from the main hostel and we had a kitchen and common area of our own which I thought was Great! NEGATIVES: a 6 bet dorm and only 2 power points which where in terrible places. The bathroom on the second floor has no light in the toilet or the shower. The shower has no shelves either to put anything so you are in a dark room and your stuff on the floor! THERE IS NO LOCK ON THE BATHROOM DOOR. Use level one bathro

reception opens 9am but says that checkin is 24hrs. We only wanted to be able to drop our bags off in the luggage room which should have been simple enough but found staff to be cold and unhelpful. The free breakfast included Tea but you had to pay for coffee!! There were a number of the most curious people who perhaps lived there in a halfway house capacity which gave a really uncomfortable feel to the place. Did not feel safe. Under no circumstance would I ever consider staying here again

I was very impressed with how friendly the staff were. I had an issue with my charger for my mobile phone and the young lady went out of her way to assist me. The one thing which would have added to my comfort was some hot water to shave a small thing, but nevertheless a gripe. I would recommend this place to other friends and family. Thank you.

• 10th Sep 2015

I loved everything just shower is terrible, hot but not to much and u need push all the time, many times because the water fall in stages.

todo muy bien.

very friendly and accommodating staff. Only a 10/15 minute walk into the centre or a 5 minute metro ride. Would definitely stay here again if I ever find myself in Brussels!

The hostel was very safe and convenient to the metro, Staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are bare but clean.

There were no lockers inside the room which was not too convenient. Moreover, the wifi didn't work properly on my devices. At least there are PCs on the corridor you can use. Staff was helpful. There are lots of showers to choose from. There is a nice bar at night. Location is ok, if you miss the last metro, it's like 30-40 minutes walk.

showers only had hot water and i had to keep pushing the button to make more water come out !! but staff are friendly

• 1st Sep 2015

Good place to stay in Brussels, good bar

Very nice hostel with friendly atmosphere. A well built common area is extremely important for backpackers and the hostel has it. The breakfast is ok and the bar downstairs is amazing. The only thing in my view to get better is the showers which has no toiletry trays inside and directions to the hostel.

I didn't have much problem with the hostel. It wasn't too hard to find. The staff was nice enough, and spoke English/French. The place was clean, although in my hostel room I took the top bunk and it was really close to the ceiling. Also there were the dead bodies of spiders that people had previously squished on the ceiling. I'd also have liked a little rug to wipe our shoes as it was raining, but there wasn't anything for that. Breakfast was included and tasty. I'd recommend this place

Enjoyed our stay in the shared room. The hostel is very near Simonis station with easy access to both metro and buses. Really convenient get around the city.

There was a lot of noise coming from the common area of the hostel. Also you could hear all the doors opening and closing. That was terrible.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Mexico

We spend a month in belgium, in many different hostels, and this one was the most expensive and the worst service. for starters, we booked the room 2 months before and we get the smalest and the worst positioned one. During the night it was so hot in the room that I coudn't sleep all night and, at the same time, we could not open the window because the room was direct to the front of the building and there were to much noise outside. The room floor was not clean at all, as well as the toillet.