Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

The staff were very friendly and helpful, so that's a big plus. The rooms were nice and I can't really complain about the facilities, as the common area had a nice decoration and it was quite comfy as well. I went looking for a livelier atmosphere, though, but the hostel was a bit quiet, to be honest. Breakfast was decent and don't get too worked up on the location: it's ridiculously close to a metro stop served by two lines, and you are likely to buy a metro pass anyway. Bring your own padlock!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Brilliant hostel! A fun environment with lots of interesting people to meet. The staff are very helpful, giving directions and information about places to visit whilst I'm Brussels. The hostel is a bit of a walk from the station but it's on a main road so it's head to get lost. Apart from that, it's pretty central, 10-15 minute walk and your in the heart of Brussels. I'd stay there again if I return. Highly recommend this hostel

Reception was friendly. Room was small and bathrooms are a little far away. Overall a decent experience, however I felt like the showers weren't very effective. Right by metro station which was really nice.

Hello Hostel was exactly what I needed after a 29hr flight from Australia. Comfy bed, quiet area right next to a metro station and super friendly staff. Breakfast was great also. Enjoyed my stay, would definitely stay again!

the lady at the counter was rude when I asked her about the wifi. she just kept saying it should work and did not offer any help. there's no wifi connection for the whole night and wifi is not accessible from the room, only at counter. beds are noisy and squeaky. and 2am it's still very noisy cause ppl are still partying. it's near the metro but careful of children surrounding you and chase after you.

the hostel is situated directly at a metro station. it has a nice common area/bar and terrace outside. the kitchen is fully equipped and there is enough space for several people to cook. the hostel offers computers for free usage, a locked luggage room and it has lots of bathrooms/showers and a dressing room. average beds in the dorms. we stayed there during the world cup and when the belgiums won against algeria, there was an amazing atmosphere in the bar, lots of people partying :)

some of the staff were lovely, others were very rude ! it was a bit away from the city centre but easily accessible by the metro. the kitchen was nice and breakfast !

The staff was very accomodating to our needs if we had any special requests, they also have a huge back patio which is beautiful to sit outside, eat breakfast, snack etc. They also have a very large bar where it is great to meet other people. It is located right outside a metro stop so it is very easy to get anywhere you need to go. I would definitely recommend it!

Seeing Worldcup in the bar with projector, its really nice! Good WiFi. The cooking device get heat very very quick, should make a warning signal/paper in the kitchen.

Very secure, however strange because we checked in at he hostel and were sent down the street to another building with a fraction of the facilities of the main building. Location was far out of the centre of town, but easy enough to get to with the metro. Reception staff were fantastic on check-in and out but in the evening at the bar the staff kept to themselves making it boring and uncomfortable for everyone else. Breakfast was good.

Please don't put up the "Be back in five minutes" sign when you intend to leave for more than five minutes. Waited fifteen minutes outside like an idiot when I needed to check in and a bit more than ten minutes at the desk when I had to check out (finally gave up on waiting and gave the keys back to the bartender).

• 8th Jun 2014

Air in the room was really bad and there was loud music till 1 or 2 in the morning. I could live with that, but at 2 am in the morning a drunk guy who was staying in our room came and was drunk as hell, because the stuff were falling down and he was talking to himself really loudly.. It is not hostel's fault, but it made my staying less comfortable, because I don't know how much sleep I got that night. If you want some peace and quiet choose another hostel.

only a block away from the tube, the subway is the best option for travel, an cheap too. The lounge area, patio, and bar allow for socializing between all the guests and a great atmosphere to meet people.

This is not the best hostel for meeting people, especially in the second building as there is no common space. The breakfast is just carbs, but the coffee is not instant! The location is quite far out of town but there is not much to see in Brussels anyways

It's completely a disaster to stay in this hostel. When I arrive the room which locates in different street, I found that all the beds are occupied and I have to go back to main building. They said they are over booked and only have rooms in main building. So I have to move my entire luggage back from the other street. At night, the bar inside the hostel changes to disco! They have very loud music which make me can’t sleep all over the night! The people who go to bar then smoke and talk next to my window

• 30th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Everything is fine except no lockers in dorm room.

I would have appreciated in-room lockers and a better attitude toward security, but all in all it is a decent, safe place to stay with a breakfast. Be warned, however, that all Windows open onto the courtyard, which is a lovely place to sit and eat or drink or relax, but which can be quite Noisy until well after midnight.

Good but a bit noisy

Only stayed here for one night but we were very impressed with Brussels Hello Hostel. Beds were very comfortable, all facilities were modern and kept clean, and staff were very helpful. We had to checkout for a flight the next morning before breakfast started but we were allowed to have the free breakfast before we left anyways. 20-30 minute walk to the Grand Place which is great if you only have a day in Brussels and want to take a look around. Will definitely be staying here again!

Really nice little hostel right on Leopold Avenue. Staff was through and friendly. Kitchen was clean and well equipped. Go for a walk in the park around the corner. Only word of caution- it's a little far from the city center. I liked the quiet, homey atmosphere of the neighborhood, though. I actually enjoyed that it was outside the center. And metroing into the center takes 10 minutes. Great place.