Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Hello Hostel was exactly what I needed after a 29hr flight from Australia. Comfy bed, quiet area right next to a metro station and super friendly staff. Breakfast was great also. Enjoyed my stay, would definitely stay again!

the lady at the counter was rude when I asked her about the wifi. she just kept saying it should work and did not offer any help. there's no wifi connection for the whole night and wifi is not accessible from the room, only at counter. beds are noisy and squeaky. and 2am it's still very noisy cause ppl are still partying. it's near the metro but careful of children surrounding you and chase after you.

the hostel is situated directly at a metro station. it has a nice common area/bar and terrace outside. the kitchen is fully equipped and there is enough space for several people to cook. the hostel offers computers for free usage, a locked luggage room and it has lots of bathrooms/showers and a dressing room. average beds in the dorms. we stayed there during the world cup and when the belgiums won against algeria, there was an amazing atmosphere in the bar, lots of people partying :)

some of the staff were lovely, others were very rude ! it was a bit away from the city centre but easily accessible by the metro. the kitchen was nice and breakfast !

The staff was very accomodating to our needs if we had any special requests, they also have a huge back patio which is beautiful to sit outside, eat breakfast, snack etc. They also have a very large bar where it is great to meet other people. It is located right outside a metro stop so it is very easy to get anywhere you need to go. I would definitely recommend it!

Seeing Worldcup in the bar with projector, its really nice! Good WiFi. The cooking device get heat very very quick, should make a warning signal/paper in the kitchen.

Very secure, however strange because we checked in at he hostel and were sent down the street to another building with a fraction of the facilities of the main building. Location was far out of the centre of town, but easy enough to get to with the metro. Reception staff were fantastic on check-in and out but in the evening at the bar the staff kept to themselves making it boring and uncomfortable for everyone else. Breakfast was good.

Please don't put up the "Be back in five minutes" sign when you intend to leave for more than five minutes. Waited fifteen minutes outside like an idiot when I needed to check in and a bit more than ten minutes at the desk when I had to check out (finally gave up on waiting and gave the keys back to the bartender).

• 8th Jun 2014

Air in the room was really bad and there was loud music till 1 or 2 in the morning. I could live with that, but at 2 am in the morning a drunk guy who was staying in our room came and was drunk as hell, because the stuff were falling down and he was talking to himself really loudly.. It is not hostel's fault, but it made my staying less comfortable, because I don't know how much sleep I got that night. If you want some peace and quiet choose another hostel.

only a block away from the tube, the subway is the best option for travel, an cheap too. The lounge area, patio, and bar allow for socializing between all the guests and a great atmosphere to meet people.

This is not the best hostel for meeting people, especially in the second building as there is no common space. The breakfast is just carbs, but the coffee is not instant! The location is quite far out of town but there is not much to see in Brussels anyways

It's completely a disaster to stay in this hostel. When I arrive the room which locates in different street, I found that all the beds are occupied and I have to go back to main building. They said they are over booked and only have rooms in main building. So I have to move my entire luggage back from the other street. At night, the bar inside the hostel changes to disco! They have very loud music which make me can’t sleep all over the night! The people who go to bar then smoke and talk next to my window

• 30th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Everything is fine except no lockers in dorm room.

I would have appreciated in-room lockers and a better attitude toward security, but all in all it is a decent, safe place to stay with a breakfast. Be warned, however, that all Windows open onto the courtyard, which is a lovely place to sit and eat or drink or relax, but which can be quite Noisy until well after midnight.

Good but a bit noisy

Only stayed here for one night but we were very impressed with Brussels Hello Hostel. Beds were very comfortable, all facilities were modern and kept clean, and staff were very helpful. We had to checkout for a flight the next morning before breakfast started but we were allowed to have the free breakfast before we left anyways. 20-30 minute walk to the Grand Place which is great if you only have a day in Brussels and want to take a look around. Will definitely be staying here again!

Really nice little hostel right on Leopold Avenue. Staff was through and friendly. Kitchen was clean and well equipped. Go for a walk in the park around the corner. Only word of caution- it's a little far from the city center. I liked the quiet, homey atmosphere of the neighborhood, though. I actually enjoyed that it was outside the center. And metroing into the center takes 10 minutes. Great place.

Place is very far away from the city center.. must use the metro right next to it, walking is not feasible. breakfast is a cold breakfast with not much stuff, staff does not really speak english except for select few. but, overall, for someone who was only staying a night before going to paris from amsterdam it was fine - although we would have liked the breakfast and location to be a little better - but we knew the place would not be in the city center

Staff wasn't very helpful. We arrived and our room was in another building. The man didn't give us much information. Next day we asked the woman that was in reception and she was a bit rude and wasn't helpful at all! The duvet was dirty. The day we left there was another woman in reception and while we were waiting to do the check out there were others doing the check in and the woman was very nice with them! Breakfast was very good, you could take as many things as you wanted

Sadly, the quiet rule was not enforced one early morning. It was around 4am and a couple were fighting in hallway and the staff member did nothing to quiet them. I stepped outside my room and yelled down the hallway to 'shut up.' The staff member emerged and said they were fighting. I knew that already and I replied that they should be told to go outside which the staff member did and the couple left. But I should not have been one to tell the staff member what to do about an argumentat