Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

As a female that travel by myself, I would not recommened this hostel for the reason that you don't meet people. Everyone is for themselves and look weirdly at you if you speak to them. The staff felt arrogant, it was a problem with my room (4 dorm but we were 5 in it and I was the last one that came there and didn't have a bed) but they didn't tell my anything. He just sat there and looked at me until one of the girls in my dorm decided that she could move. DON'T STAY HERE

lts a good place to stay. good kitchen, shower facility, and its close to a metro station, Simon, one minute walking. Friendly staff!

Was a little difficult to locate but a fair hostel with a decent breakfast and a great place to watch big events on their large projection screen.

We only spent one night at the hostel and enjoyed our time there. Shared toilet and shower facilities were very good and secure. However, although breakfast was included in the price, we felt that this could have been better (more variety eg fruit etc.)

This hostel is ok. Out of city centre, so takes a bit of time by transit. Not much atmosphere, staff is just ok. Not kitchen, which is inconvenient, especially with the lack of restaurant choices nearby. They will try to charge you for everything.

This hostel was really welcoming and the staff were eager to help with any question or problem you had. We were backpacking and stayed in a few hostels and the kitchen facilities in this hostel were the best we found, very easy to cook cheap meal. Would defiantly recommend especially as SO close to the metro station, literally across the road!

• 6th Jul 2014

It was a little bit far from the town center and the girl at reception was not really helpful. But the buildings were silent and the rooms spacious so that was really great. I think it was a little bit too expensive for the quality of the services they offered but in the end we had a nice stay and got to know some people there.

Very close to the metro and only a short ride in to the city. Wouldn't take too long to walk to the city either. With everything that was included, this was definitely a great place for the price!

Ok place. Cleaning staff walk in while your sleeping. Big bar/kitchen is good.

• 4th Jul 2014

The atmosphere was great and the common area was a pretty good bar in the evenings with Belgian beer. The quiet rule posted everywhere on the walls for after 2200 was not enforced at all and people kept me up most of the night which sucked.

It was not close to city center and as a girl traveling alone I did not feel safe in the location at night, so I came back to the hostel very early. WiFi does not work in the rooms and is slow in public areas. Staff was very helpful in giving directions and answering questions.

Very friendly staff and a great breakfast. The shower and bathrooms were always clean. No lockers in the room. The hostel is located right by the Myron which is great. It's about a half hour walk from Grand Place. Overall, I had a positive experience and would recommend.

Nice hostel, clean and ok location. Only staff could be more helpful but not such a big thing.

I loved this place, especially the all-female building. In addition to being a great hostel in the usual ways, they are also environmentally friendly and display artwork by local artists. They are right next to a grocery store and subway station.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, so that's a big plus. The rooms were nice and I can't really complain about the facilities, as the common area had a nice decoration and it was quite comfy as well. I went looking for a livelier atmosphere, though, but the hostel was a bit quiet, to be honest. Breakfast was decent and don't get too worked up on the location: it's ridiculously close to a metro stop served by two lines, and you are likely to buy a metro pass anyway. Bring your own padlock!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Brilliant hostel! A fun environment with lots of interesting people to meet. The staff are very helpful, giving directions and information about places to visit whilst I'm Brussels. The hostel is a bit of a walk from the station but it's on a main road so it's head to get lost. Apart from that, it's pretty central, 10-15 minute walk and your in the heart of Brussels. I'd stay there again if I return. Highly recommend this hostel

Reception was friendly. Room was small and bathrooms are a little far away. Overall a decent experience, however I felt like the showers weren't very effective. Right by metro station which was really nice.

Hello Hostel was exactly what I needed after a 29hr flight from Australia. Comfy bed, quiet area right next to a metro station and super friendly staff. Breakfast was great also. Enjoyed my stay, would definitely stay again!

the lady at the counter was rude when I asked her about the wifi. she just kept saying it should work and did not offer any help. there's no wifi connection for the whole night and wifi is not accessible from the room, only at counter. beds are noisy and squeaky. and 2am it's still very noisy cause ppl are still partying. it's near the metro but careful of children surrounding you and chase after you.

the hostel is situated directly at a metro station. it has a nice common area/bar and terrace outside. the kitchen is fully equipped and there is enough space for several people to cook. the hostel offers computers for free usage, a locked luggage room and it has lots of bathrooms/showers and a dressing room. average beds in the dorms. we stayed there during the world cup and when the belgiums won against algeria, there was an amazing atmosphere in the bar, lots of people partying :)