Brussels Hello Hostel Reviews

Rue de l'Armistice 1, Brussels, Belgium

Place is very far away from the city center.. must use the metro right next to it, walking is not feasible. breakfast is a cold breakfast with not much stuff, staff does not really speak english except for select few. but, overall, for someone who was only staying a night before going to paris from amsterdam it was fine - although we would have liked the breakfast and location to be a little better - but we knew the place would not be in the city center

Staff wasn't very helpful. We arrived and our room was in another building. The man didn't give us much information. Next day we asked the woman that was in reception and she was a bit rude and wasn't helpful at all! The duvet was dirty. The day we left there was another woman in reception and while we were waiting to do the check out there were others doing the check in and the woman was very nice with them! Breakfast was very good, you could take as many things as you wanted

Sadly, the quiet rule was not enforced one early morning. It was around 4am and a couple were fighting in hallway and the staff member did nothing to quiet them. I stepped outside my room and yelled down the hallway to 'shut up.' The staff member emerged and said they were fighting. I knew that already and I replied that they should be told to go outside which the staff member did and the couple left. But I should not have been one to tell the staff member what to do about an argumentat

It was a bit outside the main city but easy to pop on the metro. The room smelled a bit and the showers were a bit annoying to constently keep pushing, plus the bathrooms smelled too but it was probably due to the entire floor using them. We wished there were lockers in our room instead of the few small ones downstairs. The staff was friendly and it was nice to have a free breakfast.

the mattress didn't work... sounds like sleep on steal.

Fantastic hostel, could not have asked for a better stay in Brussels. The hostel is quite a way from the centre, but the metro system is super easy to use and it makes the drunk walks home even better! I had a wonderful time and I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Brussels. Super clean, safe and fun. Thanks guys.

This is way the best place to meet people. It has a wonderful lounge area with good music and a sunny patio. The shared kitchen is also well equiped, with two atomic stoves and plenty of space to do the dishes. I did not sleep there but all my stuff had been put in the luggage room for the cleaning, wich I found kind from the staff. A really good place to have a drink with travelers!

Acceptable hostel, but a tad expensive for its worth.

The location is not perfect. There is a metro station close to it, but for going to the center walking can be a little far. The worst part of the hostel was the party in commun area. A lot of laughing and music till late of night, than I could not sleep very well. The shower is also not that good, you have to pressure the button every 10 seconds to have more water.

So far everything nice for one or two nights. I wouldn't stay longer because of the bar in the house which makes it very noisy during nights. But staff very nice, breakfast ok (orange juice!), beds ok.

Just..Good.

lockers in the rooms would be so much better

What I liked the most it was the breakfast, the toillets were ok, but they should have more showers. What I didn't like at all it was the matress, they should buy new ones.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Chile

I love it this place. very clean and atmohpefere really good

• 2nd May 2014
  • Turkey

A great hostel with a great location. However, if you don't like a lt of noise (i.e. loud music and partying) or if you sleep early, this may not be a good place for you.

I liked the hostel, it was cleaned, the breakfast Is really good. But it is far from the City center. I thaught it was 15min walking but it's with the métro.

• 30th Apr 2014

I reserved a 6 person all female room, and they put me in a 4 person mixed room. I was not comfortable with that, but the staff didn't seem to care. Besides that, the facility is fine.

Small rooms a plus, ended up in a room by myself. Bar has a good choice of beers, A new mattress wouldn't hurt, but it wasn't too bad. Staff was very nice and helpful. Clean. and breakfast with free coffee.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff was friendly and the hostel was clean and spacious. The only problem was the location- while close to the train station, it was a bit far to walk anywhere.

The only annoying part is to keep pressing a button to make the shower work. The location is very good, very close to the metro station and to the basilica.