Brussels Hostel Grand Place Reviews

Boulevard Emile Jacqmain 99, Brussels, Belgium

The location of the hostel is really really good. However, the downside of my stay is that the hostel is not exactly that clean, but overall, it is a pleasant experience. Would recommend the hostel to anyone who wants to stay in City Hall in Brussels and enjoy the night life there!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Great hostel! Definitely will stay here again. Located exactly at the grand place square.

The staff there are very nice, highly recommand you to live there.

Fantastic Location!!! You check in somewhere else and the actual hostel is not staffed but its still pretty good. I had no issues at all so the fact that it was un-staffed didn't bother me. Clean, good wifi, good kitchen, great party atmosphere. Stay here if you are going to Brussels.

Great Hostel, lovely staff. The rooms got quite hot at night but apart from that I would rate my stay 10/10 :)

• 29th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

We were slightly annoyed by the fact that check in is at a different location, but the excellent location of Hostel Grand Place makes up for it. The room was a bit stuffy and had low exposed beams, which were a bit of a hazard for people on the top bunk. The room was a decent size with an ensuite bathroom, which unfortunately meant there was one toilet and one shower for six people.

Hostel was great, but having to check in at one location then hike to the other location with all my bags in the rain was a nuisance.

• 26th Aug 2014

Location is unbeatable but a bit irritating that you have to go 15 minutes to the "main house" to ask something or store your stuff at a luggage room

Great hostel !!! I hope to be over there again. Thanks! !!!

This was such a great location! Wow! So cool be in the square and central everything. The rooms were comfy and spacious enough and clean. The check in is at another hostel down the road, 10 min walk but way better location than that hostel. Thecheck in time online shows 3 and the employee told me 3 when I went to store my luggage but I got there at 3:30 and girlwasa bit abrupt and told me not until 4. Could have been friendlier, but overall, well worth it!

Amazing location, but the front desk is 10 min walk away, so if you have questions or need info, you're kinda screwed. Room was a bit small; it would have been better as a 4-bed rather than a 6-bed. Solid hostel, otherwise.

Very nice place, on the Heart of the city.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Costa Rica

Phenomenal. One of the best I've stayed in. You are as central as could be and it's clean and modern. Plus the Coffin bar next door is pretty keen.

• 18th Aug 2014

That I like is location

BED. BUGS. DO NOT STAY. pretty good location and kinda nice but we had bed bugs. The staff refused to acknowledge it, and were complete jerks about it. Didn't even give us a full refund. It was a really terrible experience. DO NOT STAY HERE.

It was in the real city center, just 10 meters from "Grand Place". I was with my family and we occupied a room for 4 people with private bathroom. Everything was clean: kitchen, room, batroom, bed clothes... You have to do the check-in in other hostel, but it is only 10-15 minutes walking from the hostel. But it closes at 23:00, not 24 hours. In the morning there are hot drinks free in the kitchen: chocolate, coffee or tea.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Spain
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The location to this hostel is great it's right in the middle of everything. And right beside the grand palace. I will say it was inconvient to have no reception in the hostel. You had to go to the other hostel to ask questions and directions and for luggage storage. That. Being said, it would not stop me from coming back here. I would stay here again if I came back to Brussels

“This hostel is very Clean - AMAZING Bathroom, the best i ever seen. there is also hairdryer n the Toilet. Nice Mirror and shower. the Wi-fi is good as well- is in the Main square so the location is The BEst... can be inconvenient that you have to check in in in another building but they write it to you before to book.. if u come back to Bruxelles i d like to stay again here the Staff was very nice whit me all of Them Thanks Lara and a guy that spoke italian :

The kitchen is really well equiped and not very busy, so if you want to cook you have a comfortable space.

As advertised, the check in location was a stretch from the actual hostel.The hostel was clean, the beds were nice, and the bathroom was recently remodeled. We especially enjoyed the central location. There was a social room and kitchen, however no one was really social. I said good morning to quite a few of other guests, and all I got was weird looks. Also the cleaning staff entered the room uninvitedly half an hour before the actual checkout and loudly demanded us to "CHECK OUT!!" Rude.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7