Brussels Hostel Grand Place Reviews

Boulevard Emile Jacqmain 99, Brussels, Belgium

no staff at the actual hostel, check in was at a different location so if you needed anything you'd have to call or go back. Location was prime.

Everything in the hostel was good. The staff were very helpful and the room was clean and nice. Brussels is not really big so the location is fine.you can literally walk to anywhere from the hostel

Great kitchen! Comfortable bed. Very clean. You have to do the check in far from the hostel. I stayed only for 2 days in the city, so this delayed a little bit my plans, as I had to leave my luggage in the 1st place and only after check in time I could come back to get it and go to the hostel. The hostel has no staff. The common areas are a little bit small, so hard to have some interaction between everyone.

Appeared to have just been refurbished. Great location and a good atmosphere for meeting people.

In relation a Facilities, It isn't good because you need to do a check in at another hostel very distance of the Hostel Grand Place.

This location can't be beat. I stayed in a six bed ensuite. The bathroom was clean and new, they had huge actual lockers that you can use. And a lift so you don't have to climb all the stairs. The wifi was broken for a couple nights while I stayed but normally it works great in all the rooms. The check in at a different hostel is kinda a pain with luggage, but hey that's how they keep it so cheap. Would definitely stay here again.

The location of the hostel is definitely as awesome as people say it is, the hostel itself though is a bit subpar. Facilities are a bit harsh, the common room couches were crazy uncomfortable, and the general atmosphere of everything was a bit cold. My biggest complaint was that the WIFI was out the whole time I was there, despite promises to have it fixed, made the stay frustrating.

The place of reservation was different. This is the first time I met such a kind of hostel. To carry your luggage from one place to another which took around 15 minutes was not nice. Besides, there was not any sign show the grand place hostel in grand place. Although the hostel in a very central location, to be honest it took time for me to find the door.

The location of this hostel is amazing and the free walking tour is awesome and a great Intro to Brussels life. Note that this is the new location of the Brussels hostel and you still have to check-in at the other location, which isn't super close. This location however is perfect. The only problem we had was that the individual beds are not assigned, so when I left my travel sheet out to save my spot on the bed, it was taken thinking that no one was staying in that bed.

The check in reception and the actual place are two different place. So I had to check in in the first hostel and moved to a different hostel to stay. The staffs are nice. The location was very convenient near the old town.

The location of this hostel is fantastic, and unbeatable. However, the rooms are small and cramped, and the bathrooms smell! The common room is small and there isn't much to do. This hostel is fine if you're just looking for a bed for the night. If you want anything more, I wouldn't suggest staying here.

Best location and price in town :D in the heart of the Europe´s heart!!

Very comfy hostel with great atmosphere situated in the center of Brussels. You fell so safe, because of large steel front door which you access with keyless card. Bathroom is very clean and modern, it has new elevator, fully equipped kitchen with all devices where you can make your own meal like you are in your own house. I strongly recommend it.

Location can't be beat and the rooms are very affordable but that's where the praise ends. Small common area, bathrooms reminiscent of ones found on airplanes, and rooms that are not particularly clean. And the lack of staff causes a huge problem since no one's behavior is regulated, leading to noise that never ends and drinking in rooms... at 7am. Would recommend for anyone that wants to not be able to sleep for their whole stay.

Fantastic hostel, couldnt be in a better location for sight seeing and going out at night. Highly recommended.

I only stayed here one night, but I was very impressed with the facilities and rooms. There isn't much of a common area in the satellite hostel, so you have to depend on your roommates, but I would definitely stay here again. Only a short walk from Grotmarkt and bars and restaurants. The satellite vs check in hostel thing is fine. It's a bit of a walk if you have lots of luggage, but most backpackers should be used to walking.

I couldn't get in because the "nice hostel" closed me outside without leaving me the key!I paid for nothing! I had to look for a place to stay in the middle of the night.

diffcult to find it

• 8th Oct 2014
  • China

Wish that i could check in at the same place where I was staying

Awesome vibe, cozy living/common area, unbeatable location. Spotless kitchen and bathrooms, which were very modern-looking. Yes, the check-in office is in a different location, but you really only have to visit this office once (to check-in); otherwise, checkout is simple and requires dropping off key card and towels/linen (included) right in the Grand Place Hostel lobby before you leave. Only compliant is that the bathrooms perpetually smell but it's nothing that an open window can't fix.