Brussels Hostel Grand Place Reviews

Boulevard Emile Jacqmain 99, Brussels, Belgium

An excellent hostel to stay. Only problem is check-in at another location!!

• 8th May 2014
  • Bangladesh

More of a hotel than a hostel, staff aren't really around as you check in via the other hostel. Not the best place for a solo traveller. Location is 30 seconds walk from the Grand Place, so you couldnt get much better! Facilities clean and secure Would not stay again if a solo traveler but would consider if in a group.

Best location ever! Place is nice and clean, bathrooms are really clean too. Atmosphere is good, only bad thing is you have to do the check in in another place, like 20 blocks away, but is not that bad!

The location is fantastic, the beds are comfortable, everything's good quality and clean (probably because it's brand new). However, the staff at check-in were some of the rudest I've ever met in at least 40 hostel stays. Others in my room agreed, and even the tour guide said he'd heard that. I liked the hostel, but I have serious doubts about a repeat stay because if there was ever a problem I wouldn't trust them to fix it at all or help me with anything. They didn't even offer a map.

The location was excellent--one of the alleys radiating from Grand Place. The facilities were pretty good, although the showers were cold, at least while I was there. The check in at the other hostel isnt that inconvenient. They have a locked luggage room for your use before check in.

Excellent location, but it has no reception service, so you have to check-in at another place 13 minutes away. Clean, safe, and very cheap.

The check in desk is at a separate location about a mile away, so I didn't like that as I often use the desk staff for suggestions on things to do around town. It was also a little difficult to find the actual entrance to the hostel, it's a rather non-descript door in a wide alleyway. That's pretty much all I can think of to complain about though. It was clean, VERY well situated, and there was a full kitchen for anyone to use. I may use this one again if I go back to Brussels.

The hostel itself was fantastic however the showers were very dangerous, one of our group members slipped in the shower and split open her toenail - with no staff around to help her or make a formal complaint we had to use basic first aid to bandage her up ourselves. This is something that needs addressing with the staff as i myself almost slipped aswell.

• 4th May 2014

Strategic location in the Grand Palace Area

Loved the ensuite bathroom with two showers and a toilet.

There was an overbooking in our room during the first night, with 10 people for 8 beds, and which couldnt be solved as there is no staff at the location.

I'm very disapointed with this hostel, they overbooking my room with 10 people in a 8 bed room, it was completely embarassing for me someone wake me up in the middle of the night said that I was asleep in his bed, and the worse was the fact that wasn't no one from the staff to try to solve this problem I did not sleep well did not rest well and can't enjoy the city in the other day =/

Just one minute distance to the famous grand place which is very convenient. However you have to walk for ten minutes or more to another hostel to get your keycard. Stayed in a six bed dorm room, the room can be cleaner as I saw there was small insect on my bed. Yet, the shower and toilet facilities are very good.

Can't think of anything to complain about. Location was great and the room itself was good value for money. Great atmospehere and we got to know a lot of new people! Recommended.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Finland

Amazing location, but no staff on premise.

Great place the best shores and we the best I've come across hard to find and if late booking might be hard But I would give 10/10

I didn't mind the check in being so far away (although totally inconvenient, I wouldn't check in late at night) but the lack of staff in the hostel made it hard to get things done and regulate issues. Also the staff at that desk was not the most helpful. The rooms were nice, everyone with their own locker and outlet. The bathroom was very nice and in the room. And the location of this place is phenomenal, couldn't have been happier with that.

The hostel is great located and the staff is great, the only thing that I didn't like is that you have to check in in other hostel that is 15 minutes away by foot. The atmosphere isn't good at all, there is not a big place to meet people, but you have a lot of bars and pubs around the hostel. I would recommend it.

Great location, but having the reception at a different hostel is really annoying. It takes about 10 or 15 minutes to walk between them, which is a long way when you are carrying a backpack.

The location was amazing! right in the main square and close to everything! The map provided was great and the hostel was very clean and the lockers were large which was really nice! The only issue was that there was no staff on hand, if you needed something you had to walk 10 min to the other hostel