Brussels Hostel Grand Place Reviews

Boulevard Emile Jacqmain 99, Brussels, Belgium

Awesome vibe, cozy living/common area, unbeatable location. Spotless kitchen and bathrooms, which were very modern-looking. Yes, the check-in office is in a different location, but you really only have to visit this office once (to check-in); otherwise, checkout is simple and requires dropping off key card and towels/linen (included) right in the Grand Place Hostel lobby before you leave. Only compliant is that the bathrooms perpetually smell but it's nothing that an open window can't fix.

Less practical than I thought. Inflexible and rigid staff. NOT A FULL breakfast despite what they say on the internet. Only tea/coffee. Ok hostel

You must have mistaken us for another hostel! We do not advertise FULL breakfast anywhere. Please explain about inflexible and rigid staff?

The location of the hostel is great, I don't think you could be any more central. There's no staff there so it kind of an inconvenience to have to check in at other hostel 1st. Everything was clean except that I did find 1 bed bug on my wash cloth that they give you. I only stayed 1 night but it was a good one.

Great location!!!

excellent place, a great location and very modern. Excelent price.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • El Salvador

Excellent location right in the middle of the city, inside grand place. Not a very social hostel as there is not a large common room to gather and meet people.

Seriously... it's in a good location. Tick. But the whole set up sucks! Staff would only check us in at 3 and it's at a different hostel that's 10 min up the road. That place closes at 11, so if you want to go off for the day and come and pick up your luggage later on, good luck. When we finally got our keys, we walked 10 min down the road and then the keys didn't work. So we had to walk back to the other hostel to get it sorted. Shittiest set up in my 8 months of travelling

the check-in is in the other building. As I arrived at midnight, and it was indicated in my booking, the hostel was closed. So I was left outside waiting and much worried that I would have to sleep in the street. Then the other people let me in and I got in the reception and managed to check in. Please, inform people in advance about these arrangements!

everything is mentioned on our website, see terms and conditions

The hostel was still being finished during our stay, this did not effect us too much but i felt like once its done staying there would be a better experience. The lack of a reception in the building (need to travel to another hostel) was annoying but most needs were catered for anyway.

The price was right an the view was night. It was a little bit of trouble getting back late, but a taxi was just 8.30 split between 4 for us from the U-Bahn station.

The check-in located 10 min far from the hostel is for sure the most confortable thing. But once you get there, you realize to be in the main square. The room was clean and there were bathroom and shower inside.

Awesome location right next to the main square, facilities were fine

The Hostel Facilities are clean, excellent location! I would recommend this Hostel to ALL of my friends. Incredible Value! Also as a Solo-Female Traveller this hostel was located in a perfect neighborhood and it also helps that Brussels is a charming city and I never felt unsafe in this environment for a moment.

The location is good, but need to check-in at other hostel, and takes 15 mins to walk to the hostel which is very close to the Grand Place.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very good location. Clean and tidy facilities. But unfriendly staff. Poor services. Very unwelcoming. Inconvenient check-in

• 30th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

We got shipped to the second location when we arrived and though the location was way better the building was still being renovated. There was no reception in this building and the "lounge" was patio furniture. So little atmosphere but I would stay again just for the location aspect. The rooms we're clean and our ensuite bathroom was always clean. Really nice kitchen too!

Actually my trains got delayed and cancelled and I never made it to this hostel. Unfortunately they have a cancelation policy so I got to spend money on two nights in Brussels I never made it to. Thanks cancellation policies for looking out for the hostels! Don't make reservations the day of travel until you know you'll make it. Oh well whatever. I'm sure this place was better than the train station I slept in.

I thought it was pretty clean for a hostel. It was inconvenient having to walk all the way to a separate location to check-in because we had a hard time finding our way over there. The shower is also slightly annoying to deal with, otherwise the facilities were good.

The location is fantastic. It's right in the middle of everything. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Just be mindful and patient when there is bad weather because everyone will try and sign in at once.

• 26th Sep 2014

Location - is fantastic; Short in services; inconvenient - reception its located at the other hostel (not that far but with luggage...!) Definitely returning back!

• 25th Sep 2014