Brussels Hostel Grand Place Reviews

Boulevard Emile Jacqmain 99, Brussels, Belgium

I have to admit that I enjoyed seeing an American staff member; it's been a long time since I have seen that. Keycard security makes me happy, the location varies and I'm not sure which visitors go to which building, but one is near the train station and the other is right off the old square, so neither are really bad. Atmosphere was actually on the poor side, but this city seems to attract fun backpackers, and I liked the people I met. Mostly unremarkable hostel, but comfortable.

Hostel location was extremely central and wonderful!

There's a luggage storage when you check out, but they only let you keep your stuff there until 13.00 o' clock. That's not really much of help for someone travelling later on...

2nd time I've stayed here. It's in such a great location and really clean Only thing is, 4 months after I was last there and still not fixed the window - still cracked. I also discovered the lockers didn't lock properly which is annoying when you then have to carry documents with you all day. And there are some wires still hanging out the wall which were there 4months ago too.

The location is the best, there is no other hostel in Brussels with location like this, the hostel is in the Grand Palace definitely. All the things, like beds,furniture and kitchen stuffs are really new. But there is a BIG problem, there is no reception in the hostel and no Staff most of the time, so the guests stay in the common area all night, drinking a lot and shouting all the time, is almost impossible to sleep.

Best location I've found. Only problem: going to the 2Go4 Hostel first, far from there, to check in. After that, had to walk to the final location with all my luggage, and the walk wasn't short.

Great hostel.

The location of the hostel is really really good. However, the downside of my stay is that the hostel is not exactly that clean, but overall, it is a pleasant experience. Would recommend the hostel to anyone who wants to stay in City Hall in Brussels and enjoy the night life there!

Very good!

Great hostel! Definitely will stay here again. Located exactly at the grand place square.

Best location, ended up staying at the satellite residence which was strange because there was no front desk, but it was right at the main square and in perfect location (and it was kinda nice not being at main hostel with all the traffic). Clean, well organized rooms. Would do again.

it's a nice hostel in the heart of Brussels. i like it a lot - it was clean, good located, with perfect wifi.

It was a great place to stay. It is located in the heart of the city and close to many sights and restaurants. The facilities are great with a small common room and kitchen which is great for meeting people. We were overcharged for our stay and it was said that we purchased an adapter for €20 however we did not. The manager was very friendly and kindly refunded our money.

• 12th Sep 2014

The staff there are very nice, highly recommand you to live there.

Great Location and wifi service!

Fantastic Location!!! You check in somewhere else and the actual hostel is not staffed but its still pretty good. I had no issues at all so the fact that it was un-staffed didn't bother me. Clean, good wifi, good kitchen, great party atmosphere. Stay here if you are going to Brussels.

Great Hostel, lovely staff. The rooms got quite hot at night but apart from that I would rate my stay 10/10 :)

• 29th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

We were slightly annoyed by the fact that check in is at a different location, but the excellent location of Hostel Grand Place makes up for it. The room was a bit stuffy and had low exposed beams, which were a bit of a hazard for people on the top bunk. The room was a decent size with an ensuite bathroom, which unfortunately meant there was one toilet and one shower for six people.

Hostel was great, but having to check in at one location then hike to the other location with all my bags in the rain was a nuisance.

• 26th Aug 2014

Location is unbeatable but a bit irritating that you have to go 15 minutes to the "main house" to ask something or store your stuff at a luggage room