Buba House Reviews

Arago 239 Principal, Barcelona, Spain

It was amaizing!! Could not have asked for a better week

• 13th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

The best and friendliest staff!

Improve on cleanliness

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Kenya

Buba it worked perfectly fine and served our purpose. We stayed in a basic double private room. The bed was really comfortable, room was clean. Towels were included and the shared toilet was close to the room, more or less clean but never busy. It was very calm and quiet to rest but if you look for a hostel to meet people and hang out this is not the best option. The common space is very small, there is no smoking area, there are strict rules about noise and drink in. Breakfast was quite poor.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

Great location. The room is larger than I thought. There is no a very large place where everyone gathers. So if you seek for making lots of new friends, honestly I don't recommend here. But on the contrary it is quite and clean.

First things, don't get too excited about eggs for breakfast, they are hard boiled :( Otherwise our stay at Buba suited us well as a young couple. It's well located and the private double room was nice and light if a little snug. Big fan provided which we were grateful for. Clean bathrooms even if the rooms aren't the cleanest. Very nice reception staff. Good breakfast. Would have been sad if travelling alone or with friends as no real common room or friendly atmosphere.

I stayed there for a weekend trip. I really liked the hostel, it's familiar and the staff is really friendly and caring. However, it's not one of these party hostels, but I appreciated that! They hand you towels, the breakfast is includes and good and it is located 5 minutes walk away from placa catalunya! The only negative point was, that I needed earplugs at night, because even at night the traffic is really loud.

Stayed there for only one night, in a female dorm. Breakfast was ok and location good. It was quite small hostel, not that good for meeting other travellers. But all in all, a nice place to stay for a short stay.

Nice and approachable staff and the hostel is walking distance from the Gothic quarter, Las Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya (where the airport bus drops you off). The breakfast is satisfying and the shared bathroom was quite clean. However, the single room was a little small and the mattress would sink in the middle, and it got very noisy well into the night with people carelessly slamming doors. I would recommend mainly for location.

A great hostel for a good price! I really liked the atmosphere, the location and the nice staff.