Budapest Budget Hostel

8.2
Fabulous 539 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017

This place is a fantastic, conveniently located on two tram lines that take you most places you'd want to go. We asked to stay for an extra day, and they allowed us to stay in the same room. Two small things were lacking: the walls are very thin, so if anyone was in the kitchen you could hear everything, and I was able to hear the thunderous snoring from a neighboring room. Think motorcycle. The other thing was the scented fake plant thing in our room. It smelled awful and we put it outside.

• Colombia, Mixed Group, 31-40
30th Dec 2016
7.1

We stayed in a 3-bed ensuite private. The hostel is well located (quiet neighbourhood with very good connections to major downtown attractions), staff is friendly and helpful and facilities are OK. We did not like that cleaning was mediocre - not horrible but could and should be a lot better.

• England, Male, 41+
6th Dec 2016

Clean and warm room with good facilities.Having the communal fridge and kitchen was fantastic.I'd recommend this to anyone. Have to say that not all the staff were as helpful or knowledgeable as one would have liked.But thankfully the one who was made up for the rest.

Thank you for your nice review! We are happy to read that you liked your stay in our Hostel. Sorry for the unhelpful colleague, he/she might had a bad day. Hope to see you again!

21st Nov 2016

Good value for a single room. The staff were helpful, answering all the usual questions you have when you arrive in an unfamiliar city. Everything was well organised , facilities were clean and as described. I was travelling alone and out of season so everything was a bit quiet, but for me that made for a pleasant stay. I would happily book again if I return to Budapest.

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel. As you wrote we are a calm place, that is important for us. We don't try to be the party place as most of the other Hostels. Hope to see you again!

14th Oct 2016
6.9

Far away from the main sites near the Petofi Bridge. I was placed in an upstairs dorm where the others were all volunteer workers. When I asked to move to a dorm where there were guests, the male receptionist was understanding and helpful. Apart from him, the only friendly staff members were the cleaning ladies. None of the other receptionists ever smiled. Unreliable wifi. Nice roommates in the new room (except for a crazy woman the last night).

12th Oct 2016
6.0

Was really cheap for a single room which was great. The only common space was the kitchen and outdoor area. The kitchen wasn't very comfortable or inviting. Hard to meet others if that's what you're looking for. Rooms were clean. Shower was kind of clean but water got everywhere in the bathroom. Staff were also not very friendly.

Thank you for your feedback! Many of the guests find the way to make new friendships, but not everyone - sorry! There are shower curtains in all the bathrooms and proper usage can avoid the water to go everywhere. Staff is the best rated thing in our Hostel I guess I don't need to say anything else about it. Sorry if our Hostel wasn't your place. Best wishes!

• necomeau5191
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Sep 2016
7.1

This was not a bad hostel, always very clean and safe. However, as a solo traveler I look for a good atmosphere and friendly staff and I was a little disappointed that I didnt get this at this hostel. I was the only young women in the hostel and everyone spoke Hungarian and barely responded when I said hello. It was also quite far from the city center.

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you liked our hostel - partly. :) Well, there were 8 people all from different countries in the 4 and 6 bed dorm near each other you stayed in. Plus there were 114 other guests in the hostel, I'm sure there were some other young ladies. Maybe you couldn't find the common language with them - we are sorry for it! Best regards!

20th Sep 2016
7.4

Good for the price for private rooms

Thank you!

18th Sep 2016

Friendly staff, very helpful. Little far off from de center but great value

Thank you for your feedback! Hope to see you again!