Budapest Budget Hostel Reviews

Ipar u. 15-21, Budapest, Hungary

Good hostel in a good area, near ludwig museum.

The staff is there to serve and they do it in a way that makes you feel special and that they really care. They made my stay memorable. It is located off the tourist "party" path and is more where the locals live. I really like connecting and getting more of a window into life for Hungarians. You don't get that so much if you only hang-out with other tourists.

• 30th Jul 2014

This is a nice socially hostel. A good kitchen and a very friendly staff. It's not exactly in the center, but it's easy too get around. We met a lot of nice people during our stay at this place.

Toilet flush was not always working, and the temperature of the shower would go from too hot to too cold.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Location is really bad compared to other hostels in Budapest. When you ask staff questions they are not enthusiastic and sometime just say I don't know but don't try to help. There is no atmosphere so not good for solo travelers. Security is good but everytime you enter the place it makes a load annoying noise and if your room is near the door you here it all night long. The beds are so comfy and everything is clean

Thank your for your review! Sorry for the location, usually it doesn't cause a problem to our guest as it's a really nice area of the city - we are not keep that as a secret, you could see on the map we are not in the middle of city center. My colleagues always try to help with everything, maybe you came during a big rush sorry for that too! Otherwise best regards!

Loved it! The staff were lovely and really helpful! Hostel was the best one I've ever stayed in. It was rather quiet though? Maybe something to consider if you're on your own. Also it is a half an hour walk into the centre or 5 minutes walk to the tram which takes you in very quickly! Lovely room with the comfiest beds we'd ever slept in! Would highly recommend to anyone visiting this beautiful city!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Thank you for the nice words! Hope to see you again!

Great wifi- best of any hostel or hotel I've ever visited. I loved the high ceilings (perfect for summer) and period features of the room, although the bathroom wasn't very well ventilated so the floor didn't try after a shower. The table with chairs adds a nice touch, great information available~ This isn't necessarily bad, but it would have been nice if the windows could be kept open- was just wary about being on the ground floor. Overall- charming hostel with great staff.

Thank you for the nice review! Hope to see you again!

I had a very nice stay in your hostel! I could reach the centre really easily . The guys at the reception were really helpful. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm. My bed was comfortable, the room and the bathrooms were really clean. I could use the WiFi for free and it worked well. My favorite place was the terrace :) I could go there anytime during the day and had nice talks with other people. I liked the common kitchen, too. It was not only clean but also well equipped. Highly recommended!!!!!

• 13th May 2014

Budget Hostel Budapest is a nice hostel with friendlyhelpful personel. Although it is not located at the city's center. It's easy tofind and reach.

• 11th May 2014
  • Turkey

There was very unplesant smell in the bathroom.

When I arrived I was made to feel welcome. The staff are very friendly and I was shown to my room. The rooms are very clean and I managed to get a good night's sleep during my stay. The hostel is also a five minute walk from a tram line which runs 24/7. Definitely recommend to anyone visiting Budapest.

Thank you for the good review! Hope to see you again!

I stayed in a single room because the price was so cheap - it was definitely worth it. The room was huge - it included a table and chairs, bedside tables and wardrobe. Kitchen facilities are a bit lacking but ok for cooking simple things. the location is quite far from the centre so you do need to take public transport but there's a supermarket and lots of restaurants nearby.