Buddha Hostel Medellin Reviews

Circular 73 A 38-55, Laureles, Medellin, Colombia

Nice, clean, relaxed. Great people.

• 15th Apr 2015

Pros: great staff that make you feel at home! Fantastic atmosphere, so easy to meet people. Quiet neighbourhood, big supermarket nearby. Cons: away from the main sites and party area, no aircon in the room.

Great hostel. Great beds. Staff is nice. Downside: a bit far away from the metro (20min walk). Small hostel though, great atmosphere, but in this sense no real party hostel!

Extremely helpful staff ..... especially Ale Jandro ..... I am most grateful ..... He helped me organize a number of pressing issues ..... Also ..... the guests were a lively group of adventurers and a pleasure to interact with .....

Good hostel to say at. It is situated a little bit outside the city center, but only a ten minute walk to the metro, which takes you everywhere. It's also a lot of bars/ restaurants close by, which we found a lot nicer than the ones in the city center. The hostel was pretty calm when we went there, but it has a nice feel to it. Nice to hang around in the garden/hammocks.

I had a great time in Medellín, friendly and helpful staff in an excellent area of Medellín!

The hostel is a 15 minute walk to the train station. The breakfast was nice and the was excellent.

Best hostel ever! Place to be!

I liked a lot of things about this hostel, the area and staff are nice, there is a good free breakfast and the little garden is cool. However, I did not enjoy my stay at this hostel because it was so loud. All the bedrooms seem to have windows into the central atrium/reception/garden area and the noise echoes up very loudly. Maybe I was unlucky with who else was staying there (playing music at 1am etc) but as I had wanted to stay outside Poblado so I could actually sleep this was disappointing.

One of our favourite hostels. The comfiest bed in Colombia so far (6 weeks) the kitchen was great, really big and well equipped. Free (make it yourself) breakfast was good. Communal areas were a great way to meet people. TV room / Garden / Outdoor area / Kitchen & dining. Staff were very helpful and a great laugh. Location isn't the best for accessing the city, the metro is a 15 minute walk away but on the plus side it was away from all the hustle and bustle in a nice clean safe neighbourhood.

Amazing hostel that is calm, friendly and funky with a beautiful garden and lovely staff. You can either relax and keep to yourself or easily get chatting to people. It felt like a home from home! We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom; it was huge and had lots of cupboard space. Breakfast was great- very healthy and plentiful with fruit, coffee, eggs or cereal. I guess there could be more bathrooms but we never had to wait. Highly recommended!

The kitchen and common areas were nice and the bed was comfy. There were only 2 working bathrooms so it wasn't really enough for the amount of people.

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff were so friendly, warm, and relaxed, and so too were the other travellers. The people really made the place. Being removed from the "party" and gringo scene of Poblado was great. While you could always find some fellow travellers at Buddha who were up for a good night out dancing, it wasn't the main reason everyone was there. So chill and friendly.

Easily the best hostal I've stayed in in Colombia. I really loved the staff -- some of the coolest people I've met in a long time. They're the main reason the place has such a sweet vibe. The Laureles neighborhood is nice. Well, more like posh. Two grocery stores are two blocks away. And the kitchen has most of what you need to cook. If I head back to Medellin in my travels, I'll definitely stay at Urban Buddha again.

• 30th Jan 2015

We loved our room. The bed was the comfiest in Colombia so far. Also, nice kitchen and common areas! However, the bathrooms definitely needed some work. One of them didn't have a light and the other one upstairs always seemed to be taken. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we were sick when we arrived, but it was quiet and we were able to recover.

Awesome staff! A friend of mine got really sick during our stay and they helped us out whereever they could! Really good place to hang around, nice garden and always a good and open atmosphere.

The staff is so helpful and welcoming . Made you feel right at home, and offered any help that you needed. Great group of people to surround yourself with.

• 26th Jan 2015

I love you !!!!!!!

• 13th Jan 2015

I wasn't thrilled that the lockers were mostly broken (those that were working were all taken). However, I was really impressed with the effort the girls put into organizing activities and including everyone. I would have liked more information about the city and how to get around, as it was a little complicated, and I lost several hours getting lost immediately around the hostel.

• 10th Jan 2015

Nice Hostel, loved the vibe but it was a little out of the way. Though I'm not too comfortable leaving my belongings out in the open I did not have any issues with getting anything stolen so that's a plus. All in all a great hostel and a great time in medellin!