Buddha Hostel Medellin Reviews

Circular 73 A 38-55, Laureles, Medellin, Colombia

Great hostel! Plenty of room, lots of space. Easy walk to metro and good restaurants, grocery store etc. definitely would stay there again. Cab to parque lleras is only 10k. Easily divided because several people want to go there at night etc. overall great! Highly recommended!

They need and urgent lift up on bathrooms and beds, not enough electrical plugs available for travelers, no lockers on beds, no fans, no A/C, very noisy!

Very clean Hostel, excellent staff.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • FrancoMontoya
  • Colombia

This was one of my favourite hostels so far during this trip to South America. The staff were so warm and friendly and you really felt very welcome here. The hostel is in a great location and it is very good value for money. The atmosphere is alive but also very relaxed and laid back. I would highly recommend this hostel. It's a great place to stay!! Enjoy your trip.

• 17th Mar 2014

I stayed at Buddha Hostel for three nights. Pros were the very helpful twins, who work there or run the hostel. Also there is a kitchen, a nice little backyard with plants and the matressses are very good and confy. I could sleep very well, also because it's a very quiet street. I liked wi-fi everywhere and warm showers, too. Cons: The location is about 20 mins from the next metro station, which is a bit too far for me. There's not that much to do around there. And our room smelled a bit musty.

The location is bad because its not in zona rossa. For the rest really good hostel! great staff and really clean. only downer is that the showers where always occupied when we wanted to take a shower. (could be luck could be that there only are 2 showers with hot water...)

I spent 8 days in this hostel, very quiet (i needed it), excellent matt to sleep deep, the hostel is comfortable, in residencial area, the great disadvantage here is the 20 mins walking distance to the nearest metro station (Metro Estadio). In general enjoyed my staying!

Excellent hostel with good beds, hot showers and clean rooms! Very chill atmosphere!! The staff was very helpful when i was so unfortuned to get sick during the stay. Muchas gracias

Very nice and quiet stay at Buddha hostel. It was a nice place to relax in the evening after busy days visiting Medellin. Would recommend for anyone looking for a nice quiet hostel.

This is one of the better hostels that Ive stayed in; the staff is friendly and the hostel itself is beautiful and is really close to a supermarket if you want to cook for yourself. My only complaint would be is that it is a bit of a walk to the metro, but the neighborhood is safe to walk around at night so it isnt a big deal.

• 23rd Feb 2014

I stayed here for 3 times when i was in Colombia, staffs were super nice and helpful, atmosphere was nice and chill. Totally feel like home, i would love to stay here again if i come back to Medellin again!!

I stayed here for almost 3 weeks. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It has a very nice garden with a hammock. It has a very social atmosphere but is not a loud party hostel. Laureles is a very safe neighborhood with lots of restaurants and cafes, but not as many tourists as Poblado. The hostel is a 15-20 minute walk from the metro, but it's a pleasant walk and the weather is usually nice. I took some side trips to Guatape and Jardin and they stored my luggage for free while I was gone.

Very good place to stay in Medellin

Excellent hostel. One of the best I've stayed in. They really get the balance right. Just enough atmosphere in order to meet people, but not so crazy you can't get any space or rest. Lovely place. Highly recommend. Only thing missing is breakfast.

Great hostel in Laureles - a nice suburb of Medellin. 20 mins walk to the metro. Great staff, lovely hostel, good vibe.

Really nice atmosphere with a lovely staff. The breakfast is simple but includes fresh juice and coffee.

Far from the metro, but it was nice to be in a quieter, more residential neighborhood. Nice kitchen, patio area, and TV room. Staff was great. Wifi wasn't working when I stayed.

Really good hostel, excellent staff, really nice and chilled atmosphere. Sound living room and kitchen area, really close to the store for food n drink. 10 to 15 minutes walk from the estacion estadio metro. Only downside was the internet WiFi was playing up during our time there, otherwise brilliant hostel.

Thank you very much for the kind hosting! The atmosphere was unique and we enjoyed every moment at your hostel! Especially the staff was outstandingly friendly and helpfull at any moment. I can only recomand people to stay at the Urban Buddah Hostel once they visit Medellin. I'm looking forward to return one day myself! Muchas gracias!!!

• 6th Jan 2014

Terrific, friendly, and helpful staff. Excellent location- I actually liked the location a lot- nice to be away from all the other tourists in Poblado. One of the most amazing cities I've ever been to. Clean. Nice kitchen. Great urban vibe, but safe, and very relaxing. Best time I had in Colombia was a Urban Buddha. Definitely recommend it!

• 29th Dec 2013