Buddha Hostel Medellin Reviews

Circular 73 A 38-55, Laureles, Medellin, Colombia

I wasn't thrilled that the lockers were mostly broken (those that were working were all taken). However, I was really impressed with the effort the girls put into organizing activities and including everyone. I would have liked more information about the city and how to get around, as it was a little complicated, and I lost several hours getting lost immediately around the hostel.

• 10th Jan 2015

My stay was great, thanks to the the awesome staff who were helpful as I got to know: Quirky Kiki Crazy Kelley (in a good way!) Affectionate Pacho and Duvan These guys should be rewarded with a free lifetime supply of Jugos Naturales (the ultimate dream prize in my book).

• 2nd Jan 2015

The hostel is in a nice area and is perfect if you want a break from 'party hostels' on busy city centre streets. The staff are helpful. I think the bathroom doors should be labelled (to avoid being mistaken for private rooms!!) but overall a nice place. I would recommend it!

I loved this hostel overall - there was a small group of people staying there, but everyone was really friendly, employees were helpful, and the breakfast is free. Decent sized lockers. Also craft beer + great vibes Minor issues: the facilities need some work - almost no power outlets, front door can be unlocked by reaching through the bars (however hostel is in a nice neighborhood and there´s always someone working so I didn´t worry about breakins), plumbing in the bathrooms leaks a bit

Buddha hostel was wonderful. Everyone that works there is always SUPER helpful (even if they are new). It was located in a really nice quiet area, close to restaurants and grocery stores but a bit of a walk from the metro.

Loved the Buddha Hostel! The neighborhood it is in is really quite, safe and nice but far away from main attractions. The hostel is super relaxed and I really felt like a family with the staff and other guests. The rooms are nice, the cleaning lady is so wonderful and all the staff are the best!

Hot showers, comfortable bed, good wifi, great kitchen for cooking and supermarket across the road, above average breakfast and clean but the biggest positive was the staff- all really helpful and friendly which makes it a great social atmosphere. The only negative is it a fair walk from the metro and I got pretty lost finding it the first time. But it's a nice, safe neighbourhood- walk past lots of restaurants and bars.

Love this hostel! The staff is kind and helpful, you'll fall in love with them. The location is great, laureles is a quiet safe neighborhood, and you have bars and reaturants really close on carrera 70. Very good dorms and bathrooms, and the common areas are great to chill. Also, breakfast included is always a !

Only bad point about this hostel is that people are always smoking: weed or cigarrette. So it gets really smelly!

I ve been travelling in Colombia for a while and this is my third time in Medellin, and the second time in this Hostel. Why? Because the City is awsome, and the vibe in this hostel is great. Staff is helpful, friendly and supernatural. Kitchen is perfectly equiped, there is a great cosy TV room and a beautiful inner yard where you can enjoy sunshine while having good breakfast (included in the price!). Duvan, Francisco, Tahir, Geylan, very good job!

This hostel is simply the best. I stayed here for several months and couldn´t recommend it more. It is a laid back hostel outside of the Poblado region, which is the main nightlife area. This place truly feels like a home away from home, and the men who work at the front desk are all so handsome, friendly, and have such big muscles. Whoever hired them sure did a great job.

• 21st Oct 2014

The best hostel ive been to in 8 months of travelling! It has a laid back atmosphere and you can easily spend your entire day hanging with fellow travellers around at the small fish pond by the backyard. The staff is what makes this hostel perfect though, the receptionists Duvan and Pacho are both extremely helpfull (even in Colombian stanards) and will gladly help you out! The Volunteers, Tahir and Gaylin are some of the coolest guys ive ever met, these guys creates the awesome vibe around!

Very well located in Medellin and hostal with a lot of "onda" and the last but not the least, the staff makes the difference, this place feels just like home. I highly recommend this place, you will come for 2 days and stay 2 weeks, be ready.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Awesome and friendly staff! We really enjoyed our stay :)

Relaxed hostel in really nice neighbourhood, quite a walk from metro, but great environment with plenty of good places to eat. Hostel was comfortable but would be better with more bathrooms and the showers weren't working too well during our stay, but they did advise us of this. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Urban Duddha was a very nice surprise. Toilets are clean, shower is good, bedrooms are also clean with confortable beds. What trully stands out is its staff: Emilio, Julie and Pacho were friendly and me feel like I was home. I absolutelly recomend it!

Loved the quiet atmosphere and the kitchen (the knifes are sharp ;-)). Especially the staff is great, helpful and relaxed. Keep on guys :)

• 5th Sep 2014

Great hostel! Probably the friendliest staff I've encountered in a while, they really went out of their way to make the guests feel welcomed. The atmosphere was really laid back and relaxing. You can definitely have a good time here with a few beers or just hang out, just depends what you're in the mood for. The neighborhood is also really nice, and the super market down the block is pretty convenient.

• 28th Aug 2014

Buddha is exactly what you need when travelling. A very well run, clean and relaxed hostel, with super friendly staff. I never write reviews but my sister

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hostal is a really beautiful place, a lot of thought has gone into the social areas. We stayed in a private room which was big and bright. The main plus for this hostel is the staff, Duvan, Pacho and Casey made our stay! It is quite expensive, but if you have the money it's worth it!