Buddha Hostel Medellin Reviews

Circular 73 A 38-55, Laureles, Medellin, Colombia

Checkout Time was wrong.

• 1st Oct 2015

I really liked the atmosphere here! Though the were dirty, I see them be cleaned once when we were there. Also, a of the showers were out of order.

Isabella was fantastic - she gave us great advice on what to do in Medeilln and organised our trip to Jardin for us. We had a wonderful time thanks to Isabella - thanks v much to her

• 16th Sep 2015

All in all a fantanstic quality-hostal! The only downside: I tried to prearrange my taxi transfer to the airport at 4:45am operated by the hostal staff. Unfortunately, no one showed up and I had to run through the streets alone hollering at passing taxis. In terms of security nit the best thing to do in the middle of the night...

I stayed there only for one night, I think that the hostel has a good vibe but leave much to be desired about the facilities, a bit old and without maintenance cos also they have two share bathrooms but one of them was unable to use the shower, but that's ok I meet there some great people so that give them a plus!

Very laid back hostel. Staff are helpful, but sometimes you just have to find them.

Buen lugar!

Good hostel with nice rooms and good facilities (spacious kitchen was a highlight). In a quieter part town, perfect to get away from the madness of Medellin while still being only a few minutes in a cab from the fun

Staff were very helpful and gave great recommendations for activities, etc. While I understand it's a hostel, I was kind of put off by the excessive party vibe for 2 of the 3 days I was there. There were macho dudes drinking beer and playing loud music making sexist and homophobic comments. People returned from the disco at 4am and smoked and played guitar right outside of my bedroom. Staff did nothing to try and quiet these guys down. 3rd night was better (manager onsite)

Very friendly staff, the hostel is located in a very nice and quiet neighborhood, close enough to the metro station Estadio from where you can basically go everywhere in town for 2000 pesos. Cool vibes. I enjoyed my stay there and ended up to stay one more night.

LI was Absolutely Amazing! She has a continuous smile which is always a pleasurable way to be greeted ! She knew the answer to every question, she totally knows where everything is, and even found me a massage therapist that was just a few blocks away! I highly recommend the Buddha Hostel and hopefully , Li is still there to guide you with her vast knowledge of the area!

Very quiet and relaxing hostel. Not a place you want to go if you're looking to party. This place is a little hard to find as it blends in with the neighborhood. My taxi driver couldn't even find it! Nice staff and very clean bathroom and showers. Would definitely recommend if you just want a relaxing place to stay for a few nights.

very nice and helpful staff, good facilities (not too luxurious or overly clean, but good value for this price!), chilled atmosphere (no partypeople here). Quiet and safe neighbourhood but really far away from the city center, the zona rosa, any bus or metro stop...

Best hostel ever!!! I really had great times in Buddha Hostel! When I return to Medellín I will stay there again!

This place has a great atmosphere with great informative staff. Huge supermarket just down the road, Bonus! The staff kept something safe for me when I lost an expensive camera so big points for that. They have great facilities, the only constructive criticism I have is there are not enough bathrooms, you have to wait sometimes in rush hour periods. Thanks!

Nice neighbourhood, although a little far from the action in Poblado. The rooms weren't as good as they seemed in the photos, but the hostel in general is quite cool. Very relaxed in general around the place, although breakfast is a bit odd where they individually dole out portions of cereal, bread, etc. per person rather than just having it out, turning a quick breakfast before heading out into a more protracted affair. I general I'd have breakfast elsewhere. Overall good place though.

Nice, clean, relaxed. Great people.

• 15th Apr 2015