Buddha Hostel Medellin Reviews

Circular 73 A 38-55, Laureles, Medellin, Colombia

Buen lugar!

Staff were very helpful and gave great recommendations for activities, etc. While I understand it's a hostel, I was kind of put off by the excessive party vibe for 2 of the 3 days I was there. There were macho dudes drinking beer and playing loud music making sexist and homophobic comments. People returned from the disco at 4am and smoked and played guitar right outside of my bedroom. Staff did nothing to try and quiet these guys down. 3rd night was better (manager onsite)

Very friendly staff, the hostel is located in a very nice and quiet neighborhood, close enough to the metro station Estadio from where you can basically go everywhere in town for 2000 pesos. Cool vibes. I enjoyed my stay there and ended up to stay one more night.

LI was Absolutely Amazing! She has a continuous smile which is always a pleasurable way to be greeted ! She knew the answer to every question, she totally knows where everything is, and even found me a massage therapist that was just a few blocks away! I highly recommend the Buddha Hostel and hopefully , Li is still there to guide you with her vast knowledge of the area!

Very quiet and relaxing hostel. Not a place you want to go if you're looking to party. This place is a little hard to find as it blends in with the neighborhood. My taxi driver couldn't even find it! Nice staff and very clean bathroom and showers. Would definitely recommend if you just want a relaxing place to stay for a few nights.

very nice and helpful staff, good facilities (not too luxurious or overly clean, but good value for this price!), chilled atmosphere (no partypeople here). Quiet and safe neighbourhood but really far away from the city center, the zona rosa, any bus or metro stop...

Best hostel ever!!! I really had great times in Buddha Hostel! When I return to Medellín I will stay there again!

This place has a great atmosphere with great informative staff. Huge supermarket just down the road, Bonus! The staff kept something safe for me when I lost an expensive camera so big points for that. They have great facilities, the only constructive criticism I have is there are not enough bathrooms, you have to wait sometimes in rush hour periods. Thanks!

Nice neighbourhood, although a little far from the action in Poblado. The rooms weren't as good as they seemed in the photos, but the hostel in general is quite cool. Very relaxed in general around the place, although breakfast is a bit odd where they individually dole out portions of cereal, bread, etc. per person rather than just having it out, turning a quick breakfast before heading out into a more protracted affair. I general I'd have breakfast elsewhere. Overall good place though.

Nice, clean, relaxed. Great people.

• 15th Apr 2015

This hostel is really far from any metro station. There is a grocery store nearby, but it's not central to much else. The kitchen was nice & big, and the included breakfast was a bonus. There wasn't a huge area for hanging out - just a few chairs in the garden.

Pros: great staff that make you feel at home! Fantastic atmosphere, so easy to meet people. Quiet neighbourhood, big supermarket nearby. Cons: away from the main sites and party area, no aircon in the room.

Great hostel. Great beds. Staff is nice. Downside: a bit far away from the metro (20min walk). Small hostel though, great atmosphere, but in this sense no real party hostel!

Nice hostel. Dormitory felt a bit too crammed with too many beds. It's far from Poblado area which is where all the nightlife is. I would have preferred to have stayed in the Central Buddha hostel in Poblado area. The kitchen was good to cook in. I did like the chilled out vibe in the hostel. It is a little far from the metro station - 20 minute walk.

Extremely helpful staff ..... especially Ale Jandro ..... I am most grateful ..... He helped me organize a number of pressing issues ..... Also ..... the guests were a lively group of adventurers and a pleasure to interact with .....

Good hostel to say at. It is situated a little bit outside the city center, but only a ten minute walk to the metro, which takes you everywhere. It's also a lot of bars/ restaurants close by, which we found a lot nicer than the ones in the city center. The hostel was pretty calm when we went there, but it has a nice feel to it. Nice to hang around in the garden/hammocks.

I had a great time in Medellín, friendly and helpful staff in an excellent area of Medellín!

The hostel is a 15 minute walk to the train station. The breakfast was nice and the was excellent.

Best hostel ever! Place to be!

I liked a lot of things about this hostel, the area and staff are nice, there is a good free breakfast and the little garden is cool. However, I did not enjoy my stay at this hostel because it was so loud. All the bedrooms seem to have windows into the central atrium/reception/garden area and the noise echoes up very loudly. Maybe I was unlucky with who else was staying there (playing music at 1am etc) but as I had wanted to stay outside Poblado so I could actually sleep this was disappointing.