Buddha Hostel Medellin Reviews

Circular 73 A 38-55, Laureles, Medellin, Colombia

Great hostel! Loved the neighberhod, all that you need neear by and with a very local experience, much better than El Poblado that is full of turist (doesnt feel as in Medellin). Staff at the hostel is realy frendly and helpfull, ask for Martin (the owner) and he will help you a lot.

i left after one night because it was very smokey and very noisy, The open nature of the building allowed cigarette smoke from outside to drift into into the kitchen and other living areas. The music was rather loud. Loud chatter from the garden area could be heard in the dormitorio as late as 11.30pm. Management seem to being contributing to that. That was a nuisance and I consider it disrespectful to other guests. Two of the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Nice spacious areas.

Our experience with this hostel was a bit lower than expected. The location was quite far from the center. The hostel is like a big house, which is cool, but there were only 3 bathrooms of which 1 shower was not working and the toilet is also in the bathroom, which isn't very practical. And in the room there were barely electricty plugs. It's also not really a party hostel, but more a potsmoking hostel. However, the staff was really nice and helpful and breakfast was included.

Buddha Hostel is a beautiful and chilled out hostel in great and neighbourhood where the young and friendly staff make will make you want to stay more than you planned for. Right in front of a rock climbing gym, a few blocks from a supermarket and walking distance from the metro makes this place a house where you can stay and see medellin instead of the typical gringo hostal. Come to this hostal have a few beers listen to great music and you will not want to leave.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Chile

i love my stay in this hostel !!!

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Checkout Time was wrong.

• 1st Oct 2015

I really liked the atmosphere here! Though the were dirty, I see them be cleaned once when we were there. Also, a of the showers were out of order.

Isabella was fantastic - she gave us great advice on what to do in Medeilln and organised our trip to Jardin for us. We had a wonderful time thanks to Isabella - thanks v much to her

• 16th Sep 2015

All in all a fantanstic quality-hostal! The only downside: I tried to prearrange my taxi transfer to the airport at 4:45am operated by the hostal staff. Unfortunately, no one showed up and I had to run through the streets alone hollering at passing taxis. In terms of security nit the best thing to do in the middle of the night...

I stayed there only for one night, I think that the hostel has a good vibe but leave much to be desired about the facilities, a bit old and without maintenance cos also they have two share bathrooms but one of them was unable to use the shower, but that's ok I meet there some great people so that give them a plus!

Very laid back hostel. Staff are helpful, but sometimes you just have to find them.

Buen lugar!

Good hostel with nice rooms and good facilities (spacious kitchen was a highlight). In a quieter part town, perfect to get away from the madness of Medellin while still being only a few minutes in a cab from the fun

Staff were very helpful and gave great recommendations for activities, etc. While I understand it's a hostel, I was kind of put off by the excessive party vibe for 2 of the 3 days I was there. There were macho dudes drinking beer and playing loud music making sexist and homophobic comments. People returned from the disco at 4am and smoked and played guitar right outside of my bedroom. Staff did nothing to try and quiet these guys down. 3rd night was better (manager onsite)

Very friendly staff, the hostel is located in a very nice and quiet neighborhood, close enough to the metro station Estadio from where you can basically go everywhere in town for 2000 pesos. Cool vibes. I enjoyed my stay there and ended up to stay one more night.

LI was Absolutely Amazing! She has a continuous smile which is always a pleasurable way to be greeted ! She knew the answer to every question, she totally knows where everything is, and even found me a massage therapist that was just a few blocks away! I highly recommend the Buddha Hostel and hopefully , Li is still there to guide you with her vast knowledge of the area!