Buddha Hostel Medellin Reviews

Circular 73 A 38-55, Laureles, Medellin, Colombia

This hostel is simply the best. I stayed here for several months and couldn´t recommend it more. It is a laid back hostel outside of the Poblado region, which is the main nightlife area. This place truly feels like a home away from home, and the men who work at the front desk are all so handsome, friendly, and have such big muscles. Whoever hired them sure did a great job.

• 21st Oct 2014

The best hostel ive been to in 8 months of travelling! It has a laid back atmosphere and you can easily spend your entire day hanging with fellow travellers around at the small fish pond by the backyard. The staff is what makes this hostel perfect though, the receptionists Duvan and Pacho are both extremely helpfull (even in Colombian stanards) and will gladly help you out! The Volunteers, Tahir and Gaylin are some of the coolest guys ive ever met, these guys creates the awesome vibe around!

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Very well located in Medellin and hostal with a lot of "onda" and the last but not the least, the staff makes the difference, this place feels just like home. I highly recommend this place, you will come for 2 days and stay 2 weeks, be ready.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Awesome and friendly staff! We really enjoyed our stay :)

Relaxed hostel in really nice neighbourhood, quite a walk from metro, but great environment with plenty of good places to eat. Hostel was comfortable but would be better with more bathrooms and the showers weren't working too well during our stay, but they did advise us of this. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Urban Duddha was a very nice surprise. Toilets are clean, shower is good, bedrooms are also clean with confortable beds. What trully stands out is its staff: Emilio, Julie and Pacho were friendly and me feel like I was home. I absolutelly recomend it!

Loved the quiet atmosphere and the kitchen (the knifes are sharp ;-)). Especially the staff is great, helpful and relaxed. Keep on guys :)

• 5th Sep 2014

Great hostel! Probably the friendliest staff I've encountered in a while, they really went out of their way to make the guests feel welcomed. The atmosphere was really laid back and relaxing. You can definitely have a good time here with a few beers or just hang out, just depends what you're in the mood for. The neighborhood is also really nice, and the super market down the block is pretty convenient.

• 28th Aug 2014

Buddha is exactly what you need when travelling. A very well run, clean and relaxed hostel, with super friendly staff. I never write reviews but my sister

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hostal is a really beautiful place, a lot of thought has gone into the social areas. We stayed in a private room which was big and bright. The main plus for this hostel is the staff, Duvan, Pacho and Casey made our stay! It is quite expensive, but if you have the money it's worth it!

I didn't come here for a 'Zen' experience, but if I was I think I'd be very disappointed! Nothing Zen about this place apart from all the Buddha ornaments. The hostel is located far away (15min taxi) to the main nightlife area, but is well located near the supermarket and bank. Breakfast was basic but good.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, great chilled atmosphere and very relaxing courtyard.

Great facilities, and a hostel where you could easily spend your whole day.

It was a really Nice stay at The Hostal. Good Service, Nice staff, awesome ambience. Really relaxed and very helpful! Hasta luego chicos ;)

What an amazing place to stay, it almost feels like a Hotel. The atmosphere and deco is quite interesting, easy location to go everywhere, only flaw I found was that they don't have a big massive sign on the street to find the name of the place, taxi drivers usually pass it, not easy to locate in a map. Other than that, perfect place to stay I def recommend it.

The twins that work here do an excellent job. They take the time to help you with what ever information you need to know . Thanks guys , great work!

• 21st Jul 2014

When I entered Buddha Hostel I thought I was seeing double, only to realize that Duvan and Francisco Montoya were handsome twins, so welcoming and kind. They speak English and do all they can to make your stay a wonderful experience. They know so much and help you to find the perfect things to do.Duvan also helped me book my travel to other places. Dona Sther keeps the hostel so clean, always with a smile. Carson works the night shift and keeps us safe. Julie is a wonderful woman too. 5stars

It's a very nice hostel, the staff was really friendly and helpful with us the whole trip, suggesting things to do and helping us save money on transportation and stuff.

The hostel is located far out of the bar and restaurant area. Most of the showers were not working or cold. They couldnt find the channel for the world cup on the tv. Lockers were not safe. Too many beds per dormroom. Travellers were not hanging out together at the hostel. Not many opportunities to plan day trips through the hostel.

Not a party hostel, but has a great atmosphere and facilities such as kitchen and comfortable beds, great place to relax. Make sure you have a map or some nearby relics to tell the cab driver as it is situated on an awkward road that two taxi drivers tried to convince me didnt exist.