Buddha Lounge Samui Reviews

77/20 Moo 4 Bangrak Beach, Bophut, Amphoe, Koh Samui, Thailand

This was not the right place for me. Very nice rooms and staff but I didn´t find one single another person to talk to when I was there. Very lonely and the location simply horrible. Hated the area and could not wait to move to Chaweng Beach which I did as fast as I could. So much better there. Nothing charming about Kho Samui around this hostel and the taxes cheat on you - all of them. Would not go to this place again though I would be paid for it.

Was out of the main area and no real way of getting a taxi unless you walked to a main road. The owner was nice enough to drive us to the airport himself since it would be more expensive to get a taxi to come to the hotel. Rooms were clean and really big. Big bathroom.

• 14th Jan 2015

Had 6 enjoyable nights at Buddha Lounge. Rooms are spacious and sufficiently cool with air con/fans keeping things from getting too hot. Staff were pleasant and always willing to help. Good location to Bangrak Pier for Full Moon Party. Downside was 1:12 ratio of people to bathroom. 2x 6-person shared dorms shared facilities. No lines for toilet/shower but needed cleaning more regularly. Would stay again however.

Brilliant hostel, fresh decor, spotlessly clean and a free breakfast. The undoubted shining light of the Buddha Lounge is the staff. The owner and his wife were so welcoming and the girls who work with them had a constant smile on their face, helpful & happy. A really great place to stay, a little walk to the local hotspots. Fantastic time all in all. Highly recommended.

The hostel provides the essentials. The value of money was fantastic and it really gave our first night in Thailand a warm welcoming. If your trying to save money then this is the place. Only downfall is the location is a bit out the way. Some cab drivers may get lost. The owner was very friendly with some great tips.

Lovely staff, very helpful and genuinely friendly. The room facilities were also good. My only issue with this hostel is that it was very empty when I went there, only myself and another solo traveller.

Wifi is good, showers are clean, lots of space. Lockers can only fit your important stuff not your whole bag. I liked it, they have nice common room with tvs and kitchens. Just not the best location! I would go back, I just stayed there one night before my flight and they organized a taxi for me in the middle of the night!

Great hostel with friendly, helpful staff. I visited in low season so it was a bit quiet. This hostel would be perfect if in a better location.

I really enjoyed my stay at Buddha Lounge. It was clean and really comfortable. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. I rented a motorbike from them and purchased my ferry/train ticket to Bangkok from them. It was very convenient

Lovely hostel, close to the airport and Bophut. The dorm rooms are very spacious and have comfortable beds, each with their own power socket and light. There is a communal area with sofas and a massive screen with plenty of DVDs to watch for a quiet night in. The hostel is very clean throughout and the staff are friendly and helpful. The location is a little out from the main party areas but it's not difficult or expensive to get to and from them. I really liked this place and would recommend.

I loved this area of Koh Samui. Not touristy. The beach is a 5 minute walk away and is very quaint and quiet. The hostel has a common room with big screen tv and couches to watch movies as a group. Free breakfast of toast and cereal. Small lockers that will fit your laptop. Internet was reliable.

Very helpful staff and friendly. They organized everything for us and made our stay easy.

PROS: Quiet and pretty clean. SUPER helpful staff, the owner even drove me to the pier that air asia leaves from for 500 baht, which is cheaper than a taxi would be. CONS: FAR from the main areas of the island. Breakfast is only toast or cereal. Bathrooms aren't the cleanest and have a less than desirable smell. Overall, this is a nice little hostel if you're looking for some peace and quiet and don't mind shelling out a bunch of money to go to the busier areas of the island.