Buddha Lounge Samui Reviews

77/20 Moo 4 Bangrak Beach, Bophut, Amphoe, Koh Samui, Thailand

Best Hostel I have ever been. Rooms are big and clean and the Lounge with TV is great for chill out and watch movies and meet people. The beach with public beach club and big pool are 3 Min in walking distance as well Restaurants and Pub. The hostel has a tour operator, laundry service and motorbike rent if you want to discover the island. You can also book many tours. Great place to stay. Will come back for sure cause staff is great and helpful all the time.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

This was not the right place for me. Very nice rooms and staff but I didn´t find one single another person to talk to when I was there. Very lonely and the location simply horrible. Hated the area and could not wait to move to Chaweng Beach which I did as fast as I could. So much better there. Nothing charming about Kho Samui around this hostel and the taxes cheat on you - all of them. Would not go to this place again though I would be paid for it.

Was out of the main area and no real way of getting a taxi unless you walked to a main road. The owner was nice enough to drive us to the airport himself since it would be more expensive to get a taxi to come to the hotel. Rooms were clean and really big. Big bathroom.

Had 6 enjoyable nights at Buddha Lounge. Rooms are spacious and sufficiently cool with air con/fans keeping things from getting too hot. Staff were pleasant and always willing to help. Good location to Bangrak Pier for Full Moon Party. Downside was 1:12 ratio of people to bathroom. 2x 6-person shared dorms shared facilities. No lines for toilet/shower but needed cleaning more regularly. Would stay again however.

Brilliant hostel, fresh decor, spotlessly clean and a free breakfast. The undoubted shining light of the Buddha Lounge is the staff. The owner and his wife were so welcoming and the girls who work with them had a constant smile on their face, helpful & happy. A really great place to stay, a little walk to the local hotspots. Fantastic time all in all. Highly recommended.

The hostel provides the essentials. The value of money was fantastic and it really gave our first night in Thailand a warm welcoming. If your trying to save money then this is the place. Only downfall is the location is a bit out the way. Some cab drivers may get lost. The owner was very friendly with some great tips.

Lovely staff, very helpful and genuinely friendly. The room facilities were also good. My only issue with this hostel is that it was very empty when I went there, only myself and another solo traveller.

Wifi is good, showers are clean, lots of space. Lockers can only fit your important stuff not your whole bag. I liked it, they have nice common room with tvs and kitchens. Just not the best location! I would go back, I just stayed there one night before my flight and they organized a taxi for me in the middle of the night!

Great hostel with friendly, helpful staff. I visited in low season so it was a bit quiet. This hostel would be perfect if in a better location.