Buddy's Hostel Reviews

No.27 Fengbei Road, Diecai District, Guilin, Guilin, China

This is an OK hostel, with decent prices and clean rooms. The room access arrangements (key kept at reception) and lack of a place to store valuables was a little annoying. Don't believe Google Maps, as they show a slightly incorrect location for the hostel; just look for the red LED "Buddy's Hostel" sign on the street.

The hostel was nice. The dormitory was okay and the common places was nice.

Green Forest Hotel is the best bet in the city. If you can find a space there, don't stay here.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Venezuela

I had a nice stay at the hostel and staff were helpful and friendly. They were no water purifiers which I kept having to buy water. Their computers are a bit dodgy... The locks on the door didn't seem very secure and there people from the business that shared the same corridor as my room walking up and down. The hostel organised a trip for me and didn't mention that it involved a river cruise as well which meant waiting in the bus for an hour and a half to avoid paying for this cruise.

Auberge parfaite pour une nuit de repos mais pas plus. Si vous recherchez a faire des rencontres et de l'ambiance je ne suis pas sure que ce soit la bonne adresse. Rien a dire sur la proprete / douche chaude.

The hostel was very nice, but I don´t think that many foreigners go there (I was the only one). Warm beds and reverse air-con, that was really good. Only one person could speak English, but that was enough. I got a lot of good advices where to spend my time, so I was really happy.

It's a bit odd that the key to open your room is held only by the front desk. I guess it might improve security though.

not bad, really good location. clean but chinese bathroom.

The whole night staff people were fighting outside in Chinese and could not sleep for a minute. I was on upper bed in dorm and it was moving like a ship the whole night even if I breathe it moved.. really horrible. Public restroom is never cleaned and it stinks so bad. There were no lockers amazingly! The only thing they suggested to do was the river cruise and said didn't know anything else where I myself found so many things and explored Guilin. Horrible folks. Will never ever stay there.

• 2nd Oct 2012
  • India

Staff is not very service minded/helpful, and speaks in general not good English. Although no-smoking, this is not enforced and some guest and even staff smoke, and they don't do anything about it. All private/double rooms share only 1 bathroom in the whole hostel. Showers are over the toilets. Ground floor has limited wifi only. Lot of big spiders. Definitely would not recommend to stay here.

The general view is clean and the staff very friendly. Nevertheless I killed in one night two cockroaches as big as my thumb inside the bedroom. Bathroom was clean too.

We've been there just for one night and the price was really cheap. The dorm was quite ok, a little bit humid, but for 30 yuan the night, it was great. And the staff was very nice.

The room had very poor lighting. The shower smelled of urine and the drain in the shower smelled rotten unless the water from the shower was running. The wifi did not work in the room and was extremely slow in the common area. The staff were not helpful in booking trips or giving directions and the hostel is next door to what looks like a prison, people brought in in handcuffs regularly and at 8:00 am each morning there was a very load noise which sounded like cell doors being rolled open!

it was very difficult for us to find the hostel at first as we went down the wrong road (it's not the same road as bus stop)

nice hostel, very friendly and helpfull staff. No bikes for rent. short walk to the city center

Cute place, had everything you need and the staff was helpful and really nice.

Staff doesn't speak english, room was dirty and the shower the coldest I ever had. Our room was next a small street but it was impossible to sleep because of the noise all the night also because of insects in the room.

• 29th Apr 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

even the scratchy mouse noises at night nor the little hole in the ceiling with dangling roots couldn't damped the atmosphere, the roof was perfect: great friends and warm nights with beer on the roof make this unforgettable.

Staff very friendly and helpful! I made the 2 trips with them (bambo rift + rice terraces) and everything was perfect. Moreover, the trip prices where cheaper than the other hostels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3