Budget B&B Aelbrechtskade Reviews

Aelbrechtskade 71A, Rotterdam, Netherlands

i rented this b&B private single bed for only £30!! this place is amazing equivalent to a 4 star hotel. new clean with modern facilities, shared living room, bathroom. there's is also another room for other guest. balcony with a pretty good view of the riverside. and maarten the landlord a very friendly person. who a has been to many countries.the food is self catering service with coffee machine,breakfast cereal, bread, eggs etcc........untensils provided with cooker.

I would like to recommend the B&B to other guests visiting Rotterdam. It is a nice cozy and quiet accomodation although it's located rather central. With tram you reach the city centre (conference building de doelen/rotterdam centraal/shopping areas) within a few minutes. I thank the host for the pleasant stay - it was by far the best and neatest B&B I ever stayed in - although I regret that I couldn't enjoy the huge balkony with view of the cannel due to the bad weather ;)

• 29th Apr 2014

Very friendly and helpful owner!

I went there during new year. It is a nice apartment with great view of the canal. The landlord was really nice and helpful. His girl friend even take me all the way to the metro station telling me how to buy metro tickets as all the public transportations got a bit messy the day before new year's day.

I really liked this one - good view over the canal, close to tram and shops. Don't be put off by the fact that the B&B takes the form of an apartment rather than a character home, as so many others are. The owner, Maarten, was very nice and turned out to be quite an accomplished traveler himself. I'd recommend this B&B to someone who is looking for an unpretentious, home-like environment.

• 15th Nov 2013

Good atmosphere nice view, nice & clean overall good for the price! very nice bathroom you get to use a kiitchen to make dinner and breakfeast which saves you aloot of money & resources. Location good your close to downtown & train stations btw

• 28th Jul 2013
  • Norway

Nice appartment, clean and with all expected facilities. Breakfast provided with a lot of things (even soja milk!!) Maarten is a very nice host; speaking with him, we feel more like friends than a client with his provider. He helped us in our stay in Rotterdam, and adviced us on what to do. I'd advise any other traveller passing by Rotterdam to stay in his place than in any other !

I had a great stay here! Maarten is a very good host and his apartment is really nice. Was near where my friend was staying and right beside tram stop so only 5 stops (about 10 minutes) from Central Station. Was also near my friends place so perfectly located. Loads of eateries nearby and near Old Harbour area which was good for photos. Breakfast could be had at any time and Maarten stocked it well. I would fully recommend this place!

This place was advertized as a B&B but in reality was couch surfing.

• 30th Mar 2013
  • Poland

nice and clean place, not far from the city center

Very nice Hostel with a very kind and helpful owner!

This is an appartment and you can rent a room. The landlord is very nice and helpful. It is very interesting to talk with him. He also lend me his new bike!

The subscription of this B&B does not prepare you on what you will get. You arrive in a guy's apartment. I got the feeling of couch surfing but unfortunately you pay waay too much money for it. It is clean and the guy is friendly. But he can also be too friendly and when you are there eating in his living room, he watches tv and mingles into your conversation. Just a weird feeling that we were actually in someone's house. Not quite the idea of a B&B. And the breakfast you can prepare yourself...

This B&B is actually a private flat with 2 rooms to rent. Thus, this place really feels like "home" rather than a hotel while still providing enough private space. The host was extremely helpful with parking and his knowledge about the city and he provided us with the most luxuroius breakfast we ever had in a budget accomodation. We had a great stay here and I would definetly recommend it and go there again.

I had an awesome stay at this bed and breakfast. The owner, Maarten, was a fantastic host. He went above and beyond what I would expect a bed and breakfast owner to do and gave me lots of tips for navigating and staying in Rotterdam. The B&B has a nice view over the nearby canal and if the weather is good, it's a great place to sit down in a chair and enjoy the view. For only a few euros more than a hostel bed, the stay was well worth the money I paid. I thoroughly recommend this B&B!

View all Rotterdam Bed and Breakfasts