Budget Backpackers Reviews

37-39 Cowgate, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

The location is phenomenal, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the bedrooms are clean, the building is secure, the food and bar options are good, and the price is great. What more could you want?

• 31st Jul 2015

Really good hostel in the heart og Edinburgh. Well worth the stay! Gelt like a good relief from poor hostels and accommofations on the rest og the journey. Def recommended.

A great hostel. Rooms could be cleaner, ours smelt a bit funky but nothing that was super off-setting. The security was intense but appreciated. Location good just a slight hill up to the royal mile. Great value for money.

The rooms were large and clean. Comfy beds, each bed had USB and power outlets close, well equipped kitchen and also bar/cafe down stairs with cheap food and drinks. Loads of games and good social area. Close to Royal Mile and all the places to see in Edinburgh.

Good location and nice staff. Can't consume your own food/drink and the common area and kitchen closes at 10pm so it forces you to buy their own drinks at the bar in order to socialize. Toilet seats are unclean and showers never have hot water!

Friendly staff, good location close to castle, great atmosphere and possibility to meet other backpackers.

Great hostel, things are organized (esp in the kitchen). Beds are comfortable, you have a bed light, a socket and a USB port, lockers are also good. There's a café on the ground floor with some nice things. It gets a bit noisy because of the pubs around it, but nth too disturbing. The only downside is it's mixed rooms (but I guess in Europe this is quite common).

This is a great hostel. 24 he reception. Key card to get past the reception and into your room. Fellow guests were nice and respectful. Pleantly of showers and toilets. All were cleaned and checked on a regularly basis. Beds were comfy, didn't squeak. Personal locker. Personal light plug in and two usb charger station next to bed, super handy! Bar/lobby/restaurant area has a nice atmosphere. Also you walk out the front door take two steps to the left and you can see the castle. Awesome location

Good location, easy to get around the city and friendly staff. Room and public areas were clean. It would be nice to have some hooks or somewhere to hang towels, jackets in the room though.

• 20th Jul 2015

The place is quite good but: 1. breakfast prices are still quite high (especially when you take separate items) 2. the cleaning ladies are not always polite and respectful of clients (whereas we always are!) when working in the showers (usually at rush hours...around 8 am...)

• 19th Jul 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Budget Backpackers in Edinburgh! The Location is great and very close to the Royal Mile. Princess Street isn´t too far either. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the free Walking tour was a lot of fun! Definitely gonna come back to stay here when I´m in Edinburgh the next time :)

It was the best hostel I stayed at my trip to the UK. Great friendly staff lots of things to do and see in the area. The sister hostel had a awesome bar you could go too a block away. Only thing I'd recommend is not forgetting your phone charging cord plugged in when your not in your room. Someone stole my apple cord and replaced it with a broken one. Other then that awesome place good place to stay!!

It's a very big hostel and my room didn't have a bathroom inside the room, so had to walk every time.... A lot of Spanish young people staying long term at this hostel. They seems to work here or looking for a job, kitchen is always occupied by them and a bit noisy. Room is clean and staff are friendly. Bathroom and shower needs maintenance and cleaning more. It's close to main attraction and Edinburgh Caste, convenient to go everywhere.

Overall great hostel experience. The staff is friendly, helpful and laid back. There's a nice bar and a chill-out room you can spend time in and the atmosphere is quite nice. The rooms are sized well and they're clean. Comfy beds and good lockers. Excellent value for the price of the place!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Pretty okay place. The wifi was broken for about 5hours once I checked in so that was a major inconvenience. Beds were nice, with outlets next to each one.

No bad yersel

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Awesome place to stay, and really good atmosphere. The girl at reception gave me a free cider. What a legend!

Best hostel I've stayed in yet.

• 12th Jul 2015

I really like this hostel, is very modern, clean and has good atmosphere. The only thing for me was the showers, both days I stayed I had freezing water, it took ages to have hot water and only for 5 mins.. but everything else was good.

Cool staff, cool common room and bar. We wanted to stay in Edinburgh another night but had to leave because of the air quality in our room. Brutal, brutal smell. I would not recommend staying here.

Hi . Thank you for your positive comments regarding our Staff and Bar . Regarding the odour in the room . The room you stayed in has 3 windows that all open for good ventilation but we did investigat further and we did receive a complaint from another guest regarding the personal hygiene of another guest in the room. Please accept our apologies for this . We would have immediately asked the other guest to leave had we known sooner. We hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay in Edinburgh BB Crew :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6