Budget Backpackers Reviews

37-39 Cowgate, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Good location and nice staff. Can't consume your own food/drink and the common area and kitchen closes at 10pm so it forces you to buy their own drinks at the bar in order to socialize. Toilet seats are unclean and showers never have hot water!

This is a great hostel. 24 he reception. Key card to get past the reception and into your room. Fellow guests were nice and respectful. Pleantly of showers and toilets. All were cleaned and checked on a regularly basis. Beds were comfy, didn't squeak. Personal locker. Personal light plug in and two usb charger station next to bed, super handy! Bar/lobby/restaurant area has a nice atmosphere. Also you walk out the front door take two steps to the left and you can see the castle. Awesome location

The place is quite good but: 1. breakfast prices are still quite high (especially when you take separate items) 2. the cleaning ladies are not always polite and respectful of clients (whereas we always are!) when working in the showers (usually at rush hours...around 8 am...)

• 19th Jul 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Budget Backpackers in Edinburgh! The Location is great and very close to the Royal Mile. Princess Street isn´t too far either. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the free Walking tour was a lot of fun! Definitely gonna come back to stay here when I´m in Edinburgh the next time :)

It was the best hostel I stayed at my trip to the UK. Great friendly staff lots of things to do and see in the area. The sister hostel had a awesome bar you could go too a block away. Only thing I'd recommend is not forgetting your phone charging cord plugged in when your not in your room. Someone stole my apple cord and replaced it with a broken one. Other then that awesome place good place to stay!!

It's a very big hostel and my room didn't have a bathroom inside the room, so had to walk every time.... A lot of Spanish young people staying long term at this hostel. They seems to work here or looking for a job, kitchen is always occupied by them and a bit noisy. Room is clean and staff are friendly. Bathroom and shower needs maintenance and cleaning more. It's close to main attraction and Edinburgh Caste, convenient to go everywhere.

Pretty okay place. The wifi was broken for about 5hours once I checked in so that was a major inconvenience. Beds were nice, with outlets next to each one.

No bad yersel

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Awesome place to stay, and really good atmosphere. The girl at reception gave me a free cider. What a legend!

Best hostel I've stayed in yet.

• 12th Jul 2015

I really like this hostel, is very modern, clean and has good atmosphere. The only thing for me was the showers, both days I stayed I had freezing water, it took ages to have hot water and only for 5 mins.. but everything else was good.

Cool staff, cool common room and bar. We wanted to stay in Edinburgh another night but had to leave because of the air quality in our room. Brutal, brutal smell. I would not recommend staying here.

Hi . Thank you for your positive comments regarding our Staff and Bar . Regarding the odour in the room . The room you stayed in has 3 windows that all open for good ventilation but we did investigat further and we did receive a complaint from another guest regarding the personal hygiene of another guest in the room. Please accept our apologies for this . We would have immediately asked the other guest to leave had we known sooner. We hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay in Edinburgh BB Crew :)

I can't say enough about the location - it's amazing. I stayed in the very large dorm and found everything clean and comfortable. The wifi is a little spotty, but not bad. The staff were friendly, funny, and helpful. My only complaint is about the bathrooms. The two showers outside the huge dorm I was in were both out of service, and there didn't seem to be more than 6 others showers elsewhere in the whole rest of the hostel...seems like the person to shower ratio was not ideal.

This hostel was great. Perfect location as it is within walking distance from most everything important. The bar inside I'd great and convenient.

The hostel was ok. The beds were nice, clean and confortable. The staff is not so friendly. The best thing was the location.

• 30th Jun 2015

Neutral experience. Some of the staff were very helpful, others were very cold. Food was expensive, and the hostel has many dumb rules about outside food/check in times.

this place was very homey. staff is good and facilities are clean. I stayed in the thirty bed which was OK. I wouldn't recommend that room. it was facing the main road and a lot of drunk kids like to hang out in that area and the windows stayed open cause it was hot. bring ear plugs if you stay there. bar and lounge was pretty cool. wifi was not that awesome but what can you expect for the price. some showers are better than others. super close to everything. also, 2£ deposit for the key

The coolest hostel I've been to so far: friendly staff, original interior design, good and chill atmosphere, and comfortable beds!

• 28th Jun 2015

Stayed with my mom in the twin private room for one night and were absolutely satisfied. The room was really nice, clean and very spacious for a hostel; comfortable beds. The only disadvantage is noise in the evening, but that's not the staff to be blamed ;) Kitchen is huge with lots of storage space. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Latvia

Decent enough for a cheap hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful (suggesting stuff to do), and the location is great. We stayed in a 30 person dorm though, which had a weird feeling, plus this one guy snored REALLY loud...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6