Budget Backpackers Reviews

37-39 Cowgate, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

the showers didn't have hot water at all! and also there wasn't a place to put your shampoo and etc in it. other wise it's all was ok! nice beds and enough sockets for everyone!

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Israel

I had very few criticisms of the hostel: 1. The staff is great - but they arent helpful when we have a problem with something in the room because they cant leave the reception desk. 2. I stayed in the room for 5 days - it was never cleaned. 3. The toilets though usable - didnt look like they were cleaned often.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • India

The bedroom itself was stuffy and grungy, and I avoided it except for sleeping. The common rooms were decent, though. The staff did not seem very informative, helpful, or interested, and it seemed like everything cost extra money (using towels, locks for the lockers, storage, breakfast, adapters, etc).

This hostel was the best that i've ever been so far!

The showers are all cold and doesn't work very well. Everything costs extra money, such as padlocks, luggage storing and printing. Location is good, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Excellent hostel! Helpful staff, good food at the bar, great atmosphere. It's been the third hostel of my trip so far. It was the cheapest one, which worried me at first, but it was the best one! I'd recommend it to everyone!

Only one street away from steps to Edinburgh castle and next to the entrance to the graveyard,this hostel has an incredible location. There are key cards to get beyond the lobby and into your room, and there is 24 hour check-in. This hostel is fun, adorable, and has so much personality. Our stay was filled with friendly people, comfortable living space, and delicious food from the kitchen!

Best hostel I have stayed. They are very organised, specially with food in the kitchen. They provide food boxes so that the guests can have their food organised and identified. Cleanliness in very good. Furniture very good. Nice chill out room and bar. They have signs inside the bedrooms asking for silence after 10pm. Real hostel experience almost perfectly done except from the shower that wasn't warm enough!

Great and clean and happy staff

Great hostel, etc...ONLY downside is that room 7 windows don't block any cold air.

Staff were awesome! Loved the vibe and location of the place. Food was great. Only down side is the internet changes every morning so you have to get the new password.

This is a very good hostel, maybe the best I have ever seen. The bar downstair is very lovely and the location is closed to Edinburgh Castle, exactly very good for a visit in Edinburgh. I enjoy this journey.

Best hostel I've stayed in lately. Great atmosphere, super helpful staff, a place to feel at home away from home!! Would have loved to stay a while longer! Special thatks to the staff for making this a memorable trip!

Hostel was pretty bog standard, would say the location is great but the toilets and showers weren't. Good security with swipe cards etc & lockers in each room.

Hi Fiona. Thanks for your review. Yes thank you our location we also think is probably one of the best in Edinburgh. We note your comments on our bathrooms and this area in now getting our full attention to ensure any issues on this front are eliminated. All reviews are important to us to enable us to continually make every effort to ensure the best possible customer experience for our customers. Thanks again BB Crew :)

Great place to stay! You can pay by card in the bar, which is great if you are leaving the country next day and dont have much cash on you :) Wifi is quite bad in the room, but at least it gets you out of the room to meet with real people ;)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi Michaela Thanks for the great review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us :) BB Crew

The location isn't in the center of it all, but was still reasonable and close to nightlife. The rooms and bathrooms were average, but reasonably spacious. Great atmosphere and people were pretty open to chat and all friendly. Only complain is that our room had a view of a creepy open outdoor area with dumpsters in it.

Great hostel, nice vibes, great chill out/bar area and café. Staff were friendly and helpful, walking tour was good too!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Really friendly hostel, in a nice location yet still a slight walk to main attractions. The staff were great! Slightly pricey for a double room with a shared bathroom however.

The hostel had a great common area to meet other backpackers. The floors could have been a little cleaner - the floors in my room were very sticky the whole time I was there. Otherwise, the hostel is in a great location.

• 30th Oct 2014

Great atmosphere. Staff are nice and helpful. Good to have a secure room to let people arrive early to store their luggage.

• 27th Oct 2014