Budget Backpackers Reviews

37-39 Cowgate, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great hostel, I've stayed a few times. Sockets and lamp at every bed, nice bar and well located for most things.

Very good stay. Good value for location.

Wasn't the worst experience I've had but far from the best. Finding a shower that works was like finding a needle in a haystack. They also charged you for almost everything you could think of. However it's a pretty good location and clean hostel. Overall I might stay in another hostel just because I felt the price I paid didn't match the experience I got

Had such an amazing time at BB staff were incredibly friendly which created a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

• 29th Dec 2015

Great location and building! Very fun chilled atmosphere! Would definatly recommend and stay again!

Cool place for youth backpackers. Worth going to. They got daytime lockers as well so when you're checked out you can leave your things for the day. Buy bueno

• 28th Dec 2015

Great atmosphere! We stayed there for 2 nights during Christmas. Since a lot of places were shut outside, the place organized a nice evening in-house. Great location, value for money, and facilities. The kitchen was helpful and provided all utensils. Perfect stay! Will visit again.

Great Hostel! Would love to go back there. Very cheap, yet spacious and comfortable rooms in a great location.

En general bien pero el desayuno no esta incluido y los recepcionistas parece que estan cumpliendo condena, tienen cara de cansados.

We are sorry that breakfast is not included . We try to keep our bed prices as low as possible (£7 a night during your stay) and breakfast is available from £2. We are sorry if you did not find our pricing value for money. We are sorry if our receptionist upset you by mentioning you looked tired. Our staff try to have a bit chat with our guests who very often are very tired after a long journey to make them feel at home. We hope you otherwise had an enjoyable stay with us BB Crew :)

The hostel was great The bar especially. Love your hot chocolate! Wifi is a little bit spotty though, at least from the rooms.

Thanks for taking the time to review us . Good to her you enjoyed your stay with us. BB Crew :)

This is one of the best hostels in edinburgh. It is super value value for money and the best part is the location. All the major places are nearby the hostels. They have an excellent staff who are ready to help you any time of the day. The entire hostel is well designed and the beds and bathrooms are also very clean. The only issue i felt was that the bar wasn't cheap and closes by midnight. But the overall experience was fantastic met really good people and had an awesome time here. 👍👍👍👍👍

Thanks for the fantastic feedback . We really appreciate it and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us BB Crew

Easily the best hostel I have stayed in. The place is extremely well organised and has great facilities. Fantastic location in the city as well.

Thanks for the awesome review. We are all so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us BB Crew :)

only thing that was annoying was there were NO LOCKS in the cupboard, which was also SMALL. Then the staff was selling the locks for 4 Pounds . The price per day is 10 pounds and lock is for 4 Pounds. That is not good. Rest, everything was great. Cleanliness, location

Gorgeous Hostel !

Good to hear you loved the hostel :) :) :) BB Crew

The hostel is very nice with a very friendly staff, the only complain I have is about some beds in the 30-bed dorm. because of that emergency light, the front bunk bed is terrible to sleep as the light is very strong. So I couldn't sleep much in the first to nights before changing the bed.

I wish the wifi had worked in the rooms, that would have been great! Also, some of the bathrooms were pretty gross, but I can't really be to mad because of the price.

The hostel is really good, I met very good people there. I thing the best point was the localization, it was very close to the touristic places also the pubs, I really recommend you if you are looking for a central place with a good quality of service. Cheers.

• 13th Dec 2015

Really nice hostel but there are not many showers and sometimes water is a bit cold. Some dirty toilets. Rooms and beds are so good.

Didn't have a sink in the private double room despite it being on the pictures. Didn't even have a table. One guy from the staff was annoying, but other two that I talked to were cool and chill. The burger we ordered from the hostel was borderline not edible. Whole place feels a bit dirty and old.

Everything was absolutely amazing, from the size, cleanliness and safety of the rooms, to the ambiance of the cafe, bar, hangout room and kitchen. There was also a tree downstairs to decorate for Xmas :) The location was also perfect for getting to everything in the city :D Absolutely everything was perfect, this is the place I will stay at every time I come to Edinburgh!

• 8th Dec 2015