Budget Backpackers Reviews

37-39 Cowgate, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Very comfortable

• 27th Apr 2014
  • China

Slight walk from the city centre, but you get to see more of Edinburgh this way. Quiet enough hostel, no trouble sleeping, staff were very friendly and a bit of craic! Would definitely recommend staying with them.

• 27th Apr 2014

Great hostel in a great location. Will stay there again.

I just want say that it was a wonderful experience. The stuff made my stay confortable and unforgettable! I already recomend budget backpackers to a friend.

Free tour offered by the hostel was pretty bad. The guide didn't really know her stuff, hesitated alot before explaining the sites to us.

The location is awesome (great view from the castle as soon as you step out, and right in front of Greyfriars Cemetery!) & the rooms are tidy and spacious (heads-up if you are bringing a lot of luggage as there is no lift, also no Wi-FI in the rooms). Great bar with delicious food! I don't have enough characters left to say just how awesome this place is, but I fully recommend it and we can't wait to get back to Edinburgh and stay here again!

Nice place, stayed for two nights. Good location in old town. Directly across the grave where JK Rowling came up with some of the Harry Potter names. A bit of a walk from the strain station if u don't know where u really are. My room was nice, bathrooms and showers however are not the best, but for the price it was fine.

It was a great hostel, exteremly friendly staff.

• 10th Apr 2014

I really liked the fact that there was a place to buy affordable food and beverages in this hostel.

Loved this hostel! The rooms were so spacious and everything was very clean. There was a fun vibe and the staff was so helpful. I had to cancel a night early due to unforeseen events and they didn't have any problem canceling my last night and refunding me my money. Would definitely stay here again.

The staff was very nice and helpful and they are always very friendly and funny. I love the tree house chill out room above the cafe!

You're either going to love it or hate it because it's a busy place. If you like a buzzing atmosphere then you'll love it but if you seek something more sedate then go somewhere else. Other than that all the facilities are fine.

Such a great hostel. The free walking tours and pub crawls are a blast and the staff are all amazing. I stayed in the 30 bed dorm and was surprised that it actually had two levels, so it was like being in a 20 bed. Can't complain about a thing, had a wonderful time here!

Really fun place to be! Also greatest location because you are literally in the middle of all the attractions and very near great places to eat. Although maybe not the cleanest place I have stayed, it was still a rather accommodating place. This hostel also provides the greatest activities and the pub crawl was the funnest thing I did in Edinburgh!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »