Budget Backpackers Reviews

37-39 Cowgate, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

The hostels was great. The bathroom was very clean even though 24 people were using it - and by the way it is a mixed bathroom which was not a problem for me but for others it might be. The only thing that was of my dislike was the fact that I was freezing at night.

The kitchen is too small for so many people and Curtains fell down during shower. Otherwise staff was OK but not too friendly, but best location ever, next to everything, lots of bars around (try brewdog)

Taking away 1 point for facilities. The bathroom showers were malfunctioning and would suddenly throw bouts of cold water in the middle of a shower.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • India

Sometimes too noisy. Crowded fridge, need better system. Free stuff shelf broken.

• 16th Feb 2015

It was okay. Good location, bar, decent dorms. Toilets could use some work. But mostly the staff weren't great. Have stayed at some amazing hostels in Europe.. The vibe here wasn't great. Staff didn't organize any events, difficult to get info about stuff. Traveling solo challenging to meet people this way. Plus they accused me of stealing my card and never gave me my deposit back (2£ but still). Edinburgh is beautiful. But I probably wouldn't stay here again.

was really good, quality price excellent, all the rooms are really cool refurbished and full of colors. the kitchen is really nice to enjoy a hot meal there or take away. Everything was excellent

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »