Budget Backpackers Reviews

37-39 Cowgate, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Scotland

Amazing place with great people.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Budget Backpackers is a pretty organized establishment. The beds are comfortable and each one has a locker, reading light, mini shelf and power outlet. The laundry facilities are easily managed. The location is great and my interaction with the staff were pleasant. I would definitely recommend it to a friend staying Edinburgh

Really helpful staff, the best location available, quiet rooms, clean spaces, and a great bar/cafe. The lockers were large enough to fit your backpacks in. The rooms are located upstairs so that the noice from the street won't disturb significantly. The distance from the railway station is quite short and easily walkable. There's also a good variety of different kinds of restaurants just next to the hostel. And don't forget the awesome free walking tour!

Very clean, nice building, in a perfect, central location. Staff very helpful and kind. Would stay again on my next visit to Edinburgh!

Stayed only one night and didn't have time to go out, socialize with other guests/staff or make use of the common rooms. Everything was perfectly fine and it's a good place to stay for sure. Nothing special though and not a stay that I'll remember.

too many fire alarms

Basically I was thinking it will be a normal dorm room with continuous pile of beds all around. But was amazed once I checked in. It was a great one days stay here !! Definitely I will go back to this if I visit Edinburgh again :-)

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • India

Thank you for the great positive feedback. We have just upgraded all our rooms and it is good to see our customers are impressed with the finished product. We hope you will tell your friends and that you will visit us again soon. BB Crew :)

Absolutely great. Cheapest Hostel I could find, but probably the best one, still. The free guided tour started 25 minutes late without warning, but then again it was free, so I can't complain. Other than that it's hard to find something bad about this hostel, spacious rooms, an own bar, pool table, games, good kitchen, lockers, good beds, enough power outlets.. I'll be back :)

• 1st Apr 2015

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be back. Sorry the walking tour was a bit late in starting. Hope you had a safe onward journey, BB Crew :)

yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 31st Mar 2015

This is a fantastic hostel!

Clean, nice big lockers, good location for all the tourist things! Never managed to get the wifi to work on my phone while I was there though. Each bed has its own plug socket with extra USB port which was handy. The free walking tour really was free! The guide pretty much left straight away so no tips were expected. The tour didn't go into much detail so maybe give it a miss except maybe if it's your first morning there, just to get orientated in Edinburgh.

It was a great value. The bed comfortable, the rooms secure, and the location great. The staff wasn't unfriendly, but were kind of meh. But again great value.

All I could say is this was the cleanest and the most secure hostel I have ever been to. The location is great, close to pubs, bars, city centre. Beds are great and sheets are really clean.

Best hostel ever. Donkey rukez

• 19th Mar 2015

It's not convenient that the light in the bathroom will turn off automatically when you are taking shower

Hi,Thanks for your review. We have adjusted the sensor to allow the light to stay on longer. The lights will automatically come on again if there is any movement in the room. This is to save on energy when there is nobody in the room . This helps us improve our carbon footprint. We hope you where not too inconvenienced by the light sensor and hope to see you back again soon. BB Crew

Great location, friendly staff, and surprisingly comfy beds. The common area/cafe had a nice atmosphere and made it easier to meet people.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »