Budget Hostel 2 Reviews

10 Nguyen Van Trang Street, Ben Thanh Ward District, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

My first backpacking experience was good with this hostel. I met a lot of peoples from different country, we joint in a gathering room and share experience. My trip was fun by hanging out with them. Do not let hostel to keep your passport when you check-in. Please take care of your belonging, one of my friend has reported stolen phone and tablet. Staff WON'T help you to call hospital if you are sick. Breakfast was just bread and small hot dog. No hot shower. Beer 10000, water (big) 15000.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

If you get the Mekong bus, DON'T get a taxi to the hostel. It's like a 3 min walk across the park and the taxi will likely rip you off big time (he drove us in circles with a rigged meter). And the hostel is NOTHING like it looks in the photos. Most beds don't actually have curtains around them, 18 ppl sharing 1 dirty bathroom, no security (you don't really even have to pay...just walk in and grab a bed, no one will notice). Been staying in similar price hostels in SEA, but this one the worst.

Its unsafe to keep Your belongings here,2 people in my hostel room had things stolen,

• 6th Feb 2014

You can't actually feel that the room has 18 or 12 people, still feel quite ok, the beds are arranged very well. Breakfast is ok, excelent location, good area.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Moldova

I think we was a littel to old for dorms as every1 was in their late teens early 20's! It was fab for a few days...

Tripledecker beds are a nice experience. However, the air on top is quite bad. Only one bathroom per 18 bed room. Other than that a nice hostel, especially for that price.

For me everything about this place was awful.. Hard to find. Staff didn't have my booking but eventual just through me into an empty bed in a dorm. only one light in the dorm worked?? which was at the opposite end of my 18 bed dorm room so couldn't see a thing. Rubbish every where in the dorm room empty bottles etc.. 1 bathroom per floor for 18 people. wifi was seriously dodgy. "breakfast" was basically half a roll and jam and some coffee.

Good hostel, especially for the price you pay. The location is right where you want to be in HCMC, near district 1 and walking distance to most museums and whatnot, staff are very friendly and willing to help out, beds come with personal fan an power outlet, lockers provided in rooms. For the price you won't find anything better.

The staff is super friendly and helpful. The location is also good, everything is near by. The only problem is the toilets. They're small and sometimes you have to wait a long time to use them. Breakfast basic. I'd stay again tough. ;)

Incredibly good value in agood location, only 5minute walk to the main backpacker district. Cramped dorms, with no proper space to store luggage, but clean and very decent none the less. A gem amidst the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh.

Cheapest place I could find and for what you pay this place is great.

Nice hostel, good location, friendly staff, free laundry(if min. stay of 2 nights). Good price for the dorms.