Budget Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Flat 3, 10/F, Block D, Chungking Mansion, 40 Natha, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Was a good hostel with nice stuff, ill deffinetely recommend it for a stay.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Russia

This is a terrible terrible hostel. It is in a "mansion" with like 50 other "hostels" who all bother you to come to their hostels. The staff is very very rude. They wanted to charge us the full payment, including the deposit we had already paid. When we complained about it, they got angry and sent us away. This is NOT a hostel, it's a very bad and rude hotel. I do not recommend staying here. Also, there was no hot water.

I took a single room. It was small but fine for a nghts sleep, though at 6 foot 3 my head toiched one wall while my feet were flat against the other. I had no problems with the staff though they were not particularly friendly. There were no apparant communal areas and no real way of mixing with anyone else.

Although the size and location of the room where on par to the price that we payed. What really bothered me was that they stole our luggage and moved it to another hostel without telling us. When we got to our room, we discovered that our beds where occupied by somebody else. They moved us to a crappier room. Worst hostel I ever stayed at.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

i stayed in a dorm and there were no lockers or lock on the main door to the room, so i had to carry around my valuables all day. the common room is nonexistent, so meeting other travelers is hard. but it is in a great location next to the avenue of stars and metro station. the first floor of the building also has lots of stores and snacks to try. oh, and the elevators take forever-expect to spend five minutes waiting for one.

This place is an absolute thrash. Ultra bad management. Some guests are moved different beds several times. I was moved without prior notice. They packed my bags for me without my knowledge. My personal belongings were also initially misplaced. As the elevators are slow, took the stairs down and you can see people doing drugs. The owners have many units under different names. Rooms are overly cramped. In case of fire hazards, there will be heavy casualties! Think Thrice before booking! Not worth

This hostel is in a busy part of town, and there are many people, where you have to be careful. I am a business man, doing business in China, but I like to be around people when I'm not working, and this place is just in that place. Lots of shopping, and scenery. But when it's time for some piece and quiet, you can relax in your room, and have great service from the personnel. The place is on the smaller side, but it makes up for it with it's clenliness, atmosphere, and hospitality.

Horrendous building. Do not stay here!!

The hostel does not honour the deposit paid through hostelworld upon our arrival. They insist the deposit is not paid to them but indeed should be deducted from the amount due upon arrival. The staff are rude when dealing with it. It is a fair choice for CHEAP hostel though.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

The deposits taken from your credit card goes to Hostel World and clearly as it is written that this is a non refundable regardless you will shorten your stay from 3 nights to one night (per your case). Why insists to getting it back from the property? You only paid the property one nght as per rate we inform you on email prior to your arrival which you agreed. You should have cleared any issues before confirming to the rate. Our Night staff are not rude, they just dont speak fluent english.

I had a pretty good experience, mostly thanks to two of the staff working there. Dave was very helpful to me, even offering to wash some of my clothes because he knew I was staying longer than I expected. Raj was another staff member who was probably the most helpful person I have ever encountered in a hostel before. One problem I had was that I told them I planned to stay longer but because I didnt pay yet they rented my bed to someone else. This put me in a bad situation.

So far one of the best locations, easy to find, convinient for my purpose of trip. The staff was friendly and even upgraded our room for free. We were 2 people and we booked one queen bed but there was a better room available with 2 beds instead of one. Just had to be careful with the hot water in the room but everything else was working well, AC, Ceiling Fan, TV, Lights and the service was comfortable coffee and tea was enough.

great, centrally located. easy access to mtr, star ferry and bus stops, fast wifi, very friendly staff

• 24th Jun 2014

Thank you for your hospitality Joni, Sheryl and Christine. Looking forward on our next visit.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Philippines

This is a real budget hostel, You could not get cheaper than this.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • India

stay 2 days done my laundry free of charge friendly staff free wifi coffe tea thanks johan