Budget Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Flat 3, 10/F, Block D, Chungking Mansion, 40 Natha, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Horrendous building. Do not stay here!!

• 22nd Jul 2014

The hostel does not honour the deposit paid through hostelworld upon our arrival. They insist the deposit is not paid to them but indeed should be deducted from the amount due upon arrival. The staff are rude when dealing with it. It is a fair choice for CHEAP hostel though.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

The deposits taken from your credit card goes to Hostel World and clearly as it is written that this is a non refundable regardless you will shorten your stay from 3 nights to one night (per your case). Why insists to getting it back from the property? You only paid the property one nght as per rate we inform you on email prior to your arrival which you agreed. You should have cleared any issues before confirming to the rate. Our Night staff are not rude, they just dont speak fluent english.

I had a pretty good experience, mostly thanks to two of the staff working there. Dave was very helpful to me, even offering to wash some of my clothes because he knew I was staying longer than I expected. Raj was another staff member who was probably the most helpful person I have ever encountered in a hostel before. One problem I had was that I told them I planned to stay longer but because I didnt pay yet they rented my bed to someone else. This put me in a bad situation.

So far one of the best locations, easy to find, convinient for my purpose of trip. The staff was friendly and even upgraded our room for free. We were 2 people and we booked one queen bed but there was a better room available with 2 beds instead of one. Just had to be careful with the hot water in the room but everything else was working well, AC, Ceiling Fan, TV, Lights and the service was comfortable coffee and tea was enough.

great, centrally located. easy access to mtr, star ferry and bus stops, fast wifi, very friendly staff

• 24th Jun 2014

Very Friendly Staff and secure. Room was clean & they even provide free wi-fi. Best deal at this low price in a City like Kowloon in Hong Kong. In the heart of the city so very easy to reach anywhere.

Thank you for your hospitality Joni, Sheryl and Christine. Looking forward on our next visit.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Philippines

This is a real budget hostel, You could not get cheaper than this.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • India

stay 2 days done my laundry free of charge friendly staff free wifi coffe tea thanks johan

Chungking Mansion itself is a bit chaotic at first arrival but it is what it is...a place for budget accommodation. There are lots of hostels to choose from here but I was very happy about my choice. Yes, the rooms are very small (it is a bed) but its definitely has its charm and it seemed clean, secure and the standard was good. The staff, Reen, John and Deeb, very were sweet and friendly to me. Location is great with the MTR right outside the building. Recommended :)

• 4th May 2014
  • Norway

good place to stayperfect location in the city proper. we stay there in 3 night with my family.the room is good cold aircon hot and cold water.small bathroom. but no proplem, cofee tea 24/7 cheap hostel .walking distance to MTR and buses from airport to hostel directly. from hostel to airport. so no proplem for transfortation.we comeback again when we visit hongkong. thanks

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Chung King Mansion is not a Place where you want to stay! It is extreamly Dirty so is The hostel. I arrived Late at Night and when i enternd The room there were cockroaches and other Insects in The bed and bathroom. Since it was late we stayed one night but the next morning we moved to a different hotel right away, even though we already paid for four nights!! The new hotel was a little more expensive but much safer and nicer.

Great location, very close to everything. Lots of hustlers and people trying to sell anything and everything at the entrance. Elevator is a pain in the butt!

Good place to stay. Small room. We had a room to 4 people but it would fit 2 people better. Stay here if its only for sleeping. The lifts are really slow. But besides from that is good

Good place to stay, but really small. the lifts are going to kill you, they are so slow. Take the stairs and you'll be okay :)

Cockroaches, problems with hot water and flush, and unfriendly staff who took off the chain and lockpad from our luggage while we were in the city. This people caused us so much trouble, that we missed our flight trying to solve what happened to our luggage. They know thay don't have much to offer, so they make you pay upfront for your stay. Us and some Portugals as well were given worse rooms than descripted. This hostel is cheap but still.. not worth a dime! Be warned!!!

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Poland

Small rooms. Could not open my suitcase fully. It smelled like food and no windows to talk about. But ok for the price and pretty clean.

The hostel itself was great!

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Philippines

The hostel's building has a perfect location in the heart of Hong Kong, 10mins walking to get to the Promenade. But the building itself... Expect loads of immigrants trying to sell you tailored suits, fake watches, and drugs (even during the daytime). Small but tidy room with an also small toilet, not a big problem if you are a young backpacker as we are. Expect no western plugs and no heating at all. Friendly staff. If you are European, I only recommend it if you don't have big expectations!

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

The hostel staff was very friendly. If you can get past the ground floor madness of the Mansions, the Budget Hostel is a great place to come back to.

• 9th Feb 2014