Budget Hostel Reviews

102/4 Cong Quynh street, Pham Ngu Lao ward,district 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

When I was kicked out of a 5* hotel room this is where I returned to!

• 5th Aug 2015

Budget Hostel was an extremely pleasant experience. While the name of the hostel made me initially second guess whether or not I should book, I realized I inaccurately judged the hostel by its name. All in all, the staff is extremely nice, provided a map, safely held my passport for me, called taxis for me, etc. I stayed in a shared room, where the bunk beds are extremely clean and sturdy. The room is a bit cramped, but for the cheap cost, it was a great experience.

This hostel has simply no atmosphere: there is no common area except for the crowded entrance, the rooms are so tiny that all the bunk beds have less than 10 cm from each other (which makes you sleep almost in the same bed as your neighbor), there are no room keys, there is no breakfast (even if the website says so), the staff speaks NO English, and we experienced a traveller being charges 25% more (although the prices are supposedly fixed). Although the location is amazing, I don't recommend!