Budget Hostel Reviews

B5, 2/F, Block B, 2-4 Kingston Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Many problems here. The hostel ignored two e-mails I sent asking for directions. When I rang them they told me to go to the first floor. It turns out the hostel is on the second floor, and the reception is in a completely different building on a different street. There are no signs telling you this. The cleaning lady scammed me out of $40 for a towel. (I speak Chinese so this wasn't a miscommunication). She was quite aggressive when confronted. The room and bed had ants. Reception staff useless.

Excellent location! Stayed in a 4-bed female room, small but it had large lockers inside and hanging space on the walls, very handy. Each bed had their own light and wall plug. Internet worked well most of the time in shared space, but not in the room. Friendly atmosphere where you could either mingle or keep to yourself if wanted. Good instructions on hostelworld how to get there from airport, except it led me to their other building instead of the one with reception! That should be changed.

I booked 8 bed mix room and they placed me in a three bed room with Chinese people who work and live there forever. The room was horrible and the people next to me were fighting and arguing every morning. I asked the man in the reception that the wifi was not working and he simply ignored me. As I speak Chinese , the receptionist said to his colleague " these people are too demanding " I heard it and I just walked away . Bathroom flash was broken , along with Ac .

• 31st May 2014
  • Morocco

A bit hard to find at first but after the perfect place to stay!

It was nice to stayed in this hostel

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Philippines
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Bad experience with this hostel. The real name of the hostel was not budget. It was hostelHK and the main entrance was different. In this sub-area The recepcionist didnt speak english! When we were leavig we could not make the checkout because there was nobody in the reception. We had to come back in he evening to get the key fee and they didnt want to give it back! In the end i could get my money back but with bad manners from the hostel direction.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Spain

This family of hostels is the best value I've found in HK. The room was clean and didn't feel too cramped. I didn't give "facilities" full marks because they gave me and a roommate only one key! And I also since the front desk is in a different building, I think they should have access to towels and such in the room-- even if it's for rental, they should at least have some available. Overall though, a great stay!

II will keep on coming back to this hostel, because of its good location and it is such a pleasant experience staying there.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • South Africa

Brilliant hostel. The hostel is really well located in the heart of Causewaybay on Hong kong Island, there is a 24 hours Welcome Supermarket just across the road .Mtr station and the bus no A11 to the Airport stops just 1 minute walk from the Hostel.The hostel also has a 24hrs reception so it is very convenient.There is also wifi and free Computers that you can use to check your e-mails and print out your Boarding passes.