Budget Hostel Reviews

B5, 2/F, Block B, 2-4 Kingston Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

So there was a lovely cleaner! =) not impressed with the rest of the staff who worked for the hostel though. I would never usually whine about somewhere being difficult to find, but after I tracked down the building and the apartment, I knocked on the door countless times and then waited outside for half an hour until somebody by chance happened to go past to open the door. I was never given the right address for an entirely different building to check in. The 'common room' also had a sad vibe.

• 23rd Feb 2015

It's in a good location, and one of the cheaper hostels in Hong Kong. It is a great place for meeting other backpackers if you are placed in the main building. There were not enough safety boxes for the number of people in the room. I informed the staff i would be staying longer than my booked days when i arrived yet they failed to put me in the books so i was unsuspectingly kicked out a few days later with nowhere to stay when the place booked out online.

Cozy little hostel, superb location at the up and coming Fashion Walk in Causeway Bay, 5-10 minutes walk from the mtr and some of the more famous food in hongkong. Might be a little hard to find though. Reception was friendly and had a great surprise to upgrade us from twin to triple room for our whole stay! Has good wifi, luggage deposit, a mini hk travel guide library and bar tables to chat with other travellers. Great experience overall for the budget traveller

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

when I booked budget hostel last minute, after my current hostel, yesinn, accidentally overbooked, I wasn't expecting much. As it turned out, my only real complaint would be the difficulty I had locating the main office (which it shares with HK hostel). my 4 bed dorm was functional, the common room was lovely, and I met several other solo travellers to adventure with. Solid hostel.

Nice hostel. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The bed was nice and soft. Reasonably priced considering you're in one of the more popular places on the island. Would recommend it highly.

We were immediately impressed with the staff upon arrival. They were very friendly and even upgraded our room for no extra charge. A very pleasant surprise! And the location is hard to beat. Only a few steps from the island subway line, it's very convenient to get around the city. Just in the immediate vicinity there were many shops, movie theaters, and restaurants. I would stay here again if I return to Hong Kong in the future.

We were in a shared room. When a new guest got to the room they did not change the sheads, minor details but anyway.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Location is super good.

Barebones hostel. Beds/Pillows were clean, showers are clean enough. The showers were only hot for about 10 minutes, then you get water. The entire hostel was pretty dimly lit, giving it a gloomy vibe. The common room was in the large dorm, so I'd recommend shooting for the 4 bed rooms, they're A LOT better. Free coffee in the morning was great. Kind of hard to find but if you look above the doors into the apartments you can find the building names. Location was great tho.

The 8 person dorm is basically the lounge - having two smaller rooms, both bathrooms, the kitchen, and the entrance open onto it.

I think is a good hostel !! I had a great experience

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Mexico

I guess it s a perfect location for a low budget stay in Hong Kong! The 4 bed room has it's own door (the 8bed dorm is a "open" room) and as usual in Hong Kong not much space, but therefore the common area is quite big (small kitchen, two bathrooms, sofa...another common room next to main reception)

The sheets need to be cleaned properly as well as the bathrooms. However the value for money was extremely good in an incredibly convenient location.

This hostel was good. The room is a little bit small but this is hong kong, that's normal, and compare to other hostels, it is not so small. If the reception is in another building, it is not a problem at all. The staff was nice with me. The price is interesting for Hong Kong so I recommend this hostel. (Only bad thing is the lack of electric plug in the room )

Great hostel. At the central of Causeway bay so it's very easy to go everywhere. The room is small but the bed is clean and comfy. I was lucky coz I stayed in the same building where the reception is. There are only three bathrooms on my floor, but most of the time it's free when I need to use. The common area is small, but it's a great place to meet people. There's free coffee and tea, but only a pot for cooking, if only there's a proper kitchen. The receptionist (Amy I think) is super nice!!

• 12th Nov 2014