Budget Hostel Reviews

Josefská 7, Prague, Czech Republic

I've stayed here twice now mainly because its so cheap and right next to Charles bridge however it's really dirty, I haven't seen it being cleaned once both times I stayed there and the second time there was long black hairs all over and around my mattress. But, you get what you pay for and this hostel is the perfect example of that.

The kitchen was in a mess, the state of the toilet was awful, as if someone would've tried to whistle with a mouth full of weetabix.

Great location, nice building and good sleeping-conditions. But how easy would it be to let the person at the entrance lead a simple and quiet cafe, in the hallway, like they always did in the other summerhostels, like Travellers Hostel Ujezd. A missed Chance to make some money and atmosphere!

Very good location, but we had 2 or 3 problems with itens missing on the rooms. The rooms are big and the beds are comfy. There are lockers just in case you have something valuable. The staff don´t receive you with a smile but what can we do ? For the price and the location i would be there for sure.

• 15th Aug 2013

It was extremely cheap and great location. The mattress was comfortable but yeah no security and the lockers were far away and way too small for a backpack. It was a school if you want a cheao place just to crash this is your place.

It was very dirty and no security at all.

my laptop was stolen in the hostel. so, what can i say .

Mattresses on a floor in classrooms - which is very entertaining. Its a great idea and interesting - The bathrooms could have been cleaner - there are lockers to lock valuables in but a few people were complaining about stolen things - there isnt much security and the staff barely know who is coming in and out. We still had a good stay though! If you are on a budget then its fine.

the location is really good. but the room is really really really dirty this I have to say. and there's no curtains for shower rooms. what can I say... well, it's cheap and located at the center..

I was there for just a night. When we arrive, the "free parking" that was written in the Hostel Description didn't exist!! The girl of the Hostel told us to go to a place where was just a parking very expensive. The dorms were just mattress on the floor. The rooms were very dirty and in the showers room were a water level till our ankes...everywhere, not just in the showers place. Very disgusting! I couldn't recommend this place in any case.

Great value for money and great location! Although only mattresses on the floor it was comfiest place I slept on my travels! Kitchen and showers were absolutely fine- nothing special but all you needed, I could have stayed there much longer!

• 2nd Aug 2013

It is not a hostel really... I guess it is a school turned into hostel temporarily... The location is the best you can get... Despite everything, it is a good option ..

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • India

great value for money. no atmosphere so if your a single traveler would be very hard to meet people and socialize. male communal showers were flooded for 2 days. kitchen filthy. good central location. able to walk to many places. however, bring earplugs because there is a giant bell ringing every hour and noise from the street. made worse by having to sleep with windows open due to no fan or air-con. but if your looking to save money and just want a mattress to sleep on then this place is ok.

I actually really enjoyed my stay here but mainly because the people in my room were awesome. The hostel itself is very dirty, there are no doors on the showers and the staff are not the best but there is a good kitchen and the beds are comfy. I would stay here again. Get what you pay for.

For the price the hostel is awesome. The only thing I didn't like is that there is no curtains in the showers.

The price and location are excelent

It's a nice hostel that we can really get very cheap price with such wonderful location!!!!The staffs are all nice and always enthusiastic to help everyone.However,it's not so clean in the bathrooms and it has no doors and locks to lock us in the shower,it's a little scarry...After all,it's the best choice if you wanna save lots of money in Praha!!!!

After travelling through Asia, South America and now Europe, this is by far the worst hostel I have stayed at. That said though, it is a school in winter and hostel in summer so you shouldn't expect much. The thing that really caught my attention was how useless the staff were. Location - great. Everything else - terrible.

The hostel was very good located, and the rooms were very big. There was a good athmosphere and it was quite easy to hit it off with the other guests.

Great location ... really close to everything. Would have liked a bit more security on the door- felt like anyone would have been able to get in if they tried. Staff could have been a little more welcoming and friendly. Other than that the rooms are HUGE and the kitchen is well equipped.