Budget Hotel Tourist Inn Reviews

Spuistraat 52, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice place, nice staff, clean rooms and very good location

good place to stay , good location , staff polite, our room was abit noisy as they put us at the front of the hotel

• 10th Mar 2014

The bed mattresses have springs which hurt your back, should be checked (and replaced). The heating is suspicious, the radiator on the wall doesn't seem to work, and the air-conditioning is weak, it was somewhat cold a few times. WiFi was poor on the 3rd floor, most of the time I couldn't connect. One night some kids were screaming, shouting, swearing, banging on their sleeping friend's door for a long time. The staff was friendly and helpful, best regards. Breakfast was quite good.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Croatia

convenient location, personal lock and 24 hour reception. good

The hostel is expensive compared with other hostels. I stayed in a two bed private room, it was small but cleaned and organized, LED TV in the room and the bathroom was cleaned every day. The wifi sometimes did not work and was slow. Near the central station of Amsterdam, well located and safe street.

On arrival we weren't told until after we paid the remaining fee that the room wasn't ready. Booking online I requested the room be ready as of 9am, shortly after arriving at that time we were told by staff that the room wasn't ready and would be only be okay to go up at 1pm! My sister & I had been travelling so we wanted to rest but instead had to go away and return after 1 oclock. The back building was no where near ready for customers, we got woken at 8.30am by builders, & it was freezing!

Great hotel/hostel

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Norway

Loved my stay there! I forgot my ID card there and they were nice enough to send it to me to Spain.

It was in a nice location, and everything that they said it would include/be like was true!

• 25th Jan 2014

This was the first Hostel I stayed at while studying abroad in Europe and it set the bar high. The bed comfy and the bathrooms are nice and clean with hot water. You get breakfast in the morning and as simple as it is, it held me off for most of the day. We checked out early Monday but didn't leave until the afternoon and we were able to leave our stuff in their storage room. I loved this place and highly recommend it.

I was put in a single room in the back building, not the front one. When I arrived to the room, the hallway and room smelled awful and there was dust and debris from construction within the back building as well. It's quiet at night, bit I was awoken at 7am by loud construction within the building below me. Staff entered my room 2X before I got up too. The toilet and shower seemed clean but had a nauseating chemical smell. I think the whole back bldg should be closed until construction is done.

I had a ittle trouble with the wifi, but i would definely stay in this hostel again, the best i've eve stay

It was almost impossible to climb 2 flights of stairs with a full size suitcase because they were very narrow and steep. Besides that, the hostel was ok.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Chile

The hotel should definitely include walking directions in their directions to the hotel. They tell you how to get to the hotel but only tell you how to get to the train station and then we didn't know where to go from there.

Tiny room and a bit too punctual with tyding up the breakfast buffet... Pictures of the rooms available on the internet are not matching with reality! But good service anyway in general...

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

The toilets were absolutely foul. I tried to use the facilities and each time, and I couldn't breathe in there. Inside the room, I couldn't open the window (I don't know if that was deliberate) and the heater didn't work (so don't go when it's freezing cold outside). Perhaps the only saving grace about this hostel was its location. The location is, simply put, perfect!

• 8th Nov 2013

It's a little bit small room. (I used for 4 ppl mixed room) but the facilities are clean new one. It located near train station. WiFi is possible to use as free. It's nice time to stay here.

The hostel was overall very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hostel provided a very good breakfast. The only thing that was disappointing was that there was no smoke room. In previous hostels I stayed in during Amsterdam they did have one. Overall though, it was a very nice hostel.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Furthest thing from a hostel. No community room really. No where to sit down and meet people in the hostel. Definitely more like a hotel then anything. Even the staff wasn't very helpful. If/when I travel back to Amsterdam, I won't be staying here. Ohh and make sure you pay for the train lol. I got stopped and they gave me a ticket which costs like 75 euro.

The hotel has good security with a 24hr reception, key card access and a nice size storage locker in the rooms. It's in a decent location, short walk to shopping, the red light district and the station.