Budget Hotel Tourist Inn Reviews

Spuistraat 52, Amsterdam, Netherlands

overall i think the hostel was good for the amount i paid, facilities were clean, however i did get bitten by some sort of bugs whilst staying in the room so therefore definitely wouldnt visit again.

• 8th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel! Very friendly staff and the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Do yourself a favor and book early to ensure your room here!!

Budget Hotel Tourist Inn has really friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were clean and well-kept. The showers may not be consistent in size and there were minor problems with the lighting on the second floor bathroom but it all-in-all, I am satisfied with my experience. Conveniently located and nice.

• 29th Jul 2014

This hostel was nice, but had no social atmosphere in anyway which made it hard to meet people or have somewhere to just hangout. The only other thing that bothered me was that we only had 1 outlet in our room which we all had to share.

• 25th Jul 2014

On the edge of the Red Light District but did not feel unsafe - and close to Amsterdam Centraal and within walking distance of almost anywhere you'd want to go in the city. The breakfast was great and could tide you over until later afternoon, and the sitting area was nice to chill if you wanted. Very clean and staff were friendly. Watch out for the very steep steps! (but such are Amsterdam houses)

Location was prime - only a 15-20 minute walk from everywhere in Amsterdam. Great AC and good wifi. Only problem was it was pretty expensive and they were cheap. Had to pay for key cards, room numbers were duct taped, and the back building had a pretty damn sketchy alleyway that you had to walk through at night. You're paying for the location.

I was here for two nights, not far from the station which was a bonus and pretty close to the red light district. The girl was very helpful when I arrived and showed me where to rent a bike and was able to get to most sights very easily. Good spacious dorm with lockers I'd recommend staying here.

Great hostel, walking distance to everything and near tram stops

We came to Amsterdam with high expectations. This hostel lacked any trace of character or atmosphere. Welcomed by friendly staff initially, but other than that there was no interaction amongst the guests. The common room was dead at night. For youths looking to socialise and meet people I wouldn't recommend it. For three 20 year olds, this not a place to stay. No banter whatsoever! In regards location, it was central but next to a lot red light windows.

• 16th Jul 2014

Very helpful and kind staff.

A really lovely start to my gap year. I happened to have an amazing dorm and everything was just up to my expectations. It's location is very central and it's really good value for money. I'd recommend it to anyone

A very pleasant and easy-going hostel. It is in the middle of the red light district which probably should be mentioned in the description somewhere, not that it matters. Very clean and comfortable beds with decent sized rooms. The breakfast is fairly average but nothing bad. I would stay here again ; Central location, polite staff and clean.

• 14th Jul 2014

We had a flood on a night of the storm and they didn't offer us a refund of that one night which I believe they should of. Lovely room though and a great stay.

Do not remember reading anywhere that it was next to part of the red light district!

The rooms are really small for 6 beds, I have been in other hostels, where rooms like the ones in this hostel hold less beds (4). The air was broken, so it was incredibly hot, and there were only a small window. In Amsterdam you can find better hostels for the same price.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Good place and good location. I was only there for a one night but from what I saw the staff were helpful and polite. I will recommend Budget Hotel Tourist Inn to people who are staying in Amsterdam.

Really good, breakfast steward went walkabout so no plates for a bit....till I started searching in cupboards....she was outside having a cigarette.....but all in all excellent

Location very good. 10 mins walk from central station and close to everything in old town. Staff excellent - credit to Abodo who is an Egyptian staff at night. Really helpful during our stay and even we were fooling around in dutch way... hahha.. Very clean room - good shower - but guests with luggages should be ready to take it through very narrow stairs (typical in amsterdam tho) Overall the hostel is cool and i had a really good stay here!!!

Great stay (double private ensuite). Small room and steep stairs (but both of those are to be expected anywhere in Amsterdam). Good sized bed, great TV in the room, safe. Everything you could want. You could pay 50% more and wouldn't be complaining for what you got. Staff really friendly and helpful too.

• 26th Jun 2014

Great location, down the street from the train station, and in the middle of all attractions. The staff were very nice as well. And it did not smell like marijuana! Lockers in rooms, clean bathrooms and wifi works in the rooms! And free breakfast!

« first « Prev 1 2 3