Budget London Apartments Reviews

Willesden Green, London, England

One of the worst places I have ever stayed at. I haven't slept at all most of the nights as it was noisy, and the lights in the hall were switched on all night. The glass window above the door didn't help to block the light. I bought a single room and ended up in a twin room. After half a week I moved to a hotel as I couldn't bear the situation in the hostel.

good enough

• 23rd Oct 2013

Decent place although a little pricey for dorm accommodation. However facilities are good. Good sized common room with TV and seats. Good kitchen facilities. Private toilets and showers instead of communal showers. Unfortunately wifi doesn't really work (they need to increase bandwidth). Also, although there are cleaners, the place can get quite dirty at certain times of the day, mainly because residents don't clean up after themselves.

I stayed here with a group of 10 mates. We booked a 10 man dorm and were put in a 12 man room with a grumpy old man who was really rude to us. We enquired to management on the issue and were told it would be fixed as soon as possible and it never happened despite calling back more than 3 times about the problem. The kitchen was always disgusting, people being too lazy to clean up their own mess leaving the poor cleaning lady to do it which brought her to tears one of the days I was there. Worst!

• 17th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We are a young couple and we liked it very much. We were in Anson Road, 10 minutes away from Willesden Green Station and center. A lot of facilities and very nice stuff, the room (double) had its own little kitchen, two big blackboards, and a little desk. We would recommended it!!

• 8th Oct 2013
  • Spain

Amazing place to meet new people, especially if you come to London looking for work.

• 9th Jul 2013
  • Slovenia

We have been staying there for 10 days, and everything was good at all. Our private suite was nice but unfortunately very small. One more detail - cleaning was organized just for additional fee but not included to the price.

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Russia

Room we got was absolutely filthy. Obvious that the cleaners only changed the bedsheets. Convenient location close to tube. Australian staff very nice and helpful.

My experience with this hostel was very bad. I would hardly even call this place a hostel as there was no front desk at the place I stayed and no permanent staff. It was just a converted terrace house in a distant London suburb. Worse than that, each day and night I was there, strangers who were not supposed to be in the place kept on entering. Several times this happened very early in the morning, around 2am. The place was very unsafe . I left early, but was refused a refund.

Awesome time in this hostel, very homely and people inside are so nice! Staff member was very friendly, kitchens are great!

The rooms of this hostel is very dirty and this hostel of personnels is insensitivity...

• 23rd Apr 2012
  • Turkey

expensive but adequate - ok if you can't find anywhere else. staff are mostly young, unprofessional and do not communicate with each other. price seems to increase each time you renew.

• 21st Sep 2011

No phone reception in my room, so credit card payment failed

Great place. I made some great friends in this hostel. I like it so much I am going to stay for another week...

Had to move hostels after 1 wk - not informed of move though I spoke to office a few days prior. Only aware of move after spoke with roommate. Then were expected to move the same day even though contract states 24hrs written notice is required! Office staff poorly organised, asking for money though already paid. Assured by staff that new hostel was better - it was noisier, more people, less kitchen facilities. Cleaning staff v good & friendly. No lockers initially - had to ask 4 them

The place was very clean, but we were really disappointed with the staff. No permanent staff in each building so they have a phone to call the office, which didn't work for our entire 2 week stay! Wireless went down and wasn't fixed for 5 days. We had trouble withdrawing cash with our foreign cards and the staff would not let us check in with 40% of the total payment (and pay the remaining 60% in the evening) so we had to pay a 5% credit surcharge. Most inflexible staff in 6 months of travel.

Was a nice place to stay, any issues we did have (we had a heater problem) were fixed in a jiffy. Would recommend and would stay again.

Well worth it and I would recommend it to anyone who is tight on cash but still wants a decent place to sleep. The other people were friendly and often said "hello" and the staff were also quite friendly and helpful. Located very close to the underground which was awesome, we got around and saw a good chunk of London. The room was fairly basic but when you're in London, who wants to live in their room anyway? Cheers.

• 5th Aug 2010
  • Daxy

Thank you for your understanding. Happy New Year.

It was the best weekend ever in London, even though the Jubilee tune wasn't working we can easily go to downtown :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7