Budget London Apartments Reviews

30 Chatsworth Rd., Willesden Green, London, England

We were three girls and I booked for us the room for three. When we arrived there, we were given a room for 4. Why? I have seen double bed+one normal and why we have had to stay in room for 4? On the website is written that the privates (double beds, and apartmants for 3 have towels included;the lady who has given us keys told us that it is not like that. And after arguing with me she said ok I will bring you (SHE DIDN'T)! The door lock was broken, also. The bathrooms terrible.

The bathrooms are too small and dirty. And the washing machines needs to be fixed.

• 13th Oct 2015

Waited for an hour for the keys to the place. But other than that it was okay!

• 9th Oct 2015

This is the most disrespectful place I've ever stayed at, I was initially booked for this hostel, when I arrived they said it was full... I had to go to one of their other hostels, no choice, I went to 51 Brondesbury Park, there's no staff on site, only when they come to check in or out, the staff won't pickup their phones, and if they show up at the hostel and you try to talk to them, they will tell you their shift ended at 5, I cannot stress this enough, this hostel should be banned from HW.

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

The hostel was really bad. Not the hostel from the pictures. Room did not include all the service which should have been in it. For example no TV in the room, no towels (had to buy some, because none there), no hair-dryer, Wi-fi was really bad. Was no double room what I booked, but a twin room. Showers and toilets were disgusting. Very dirty and not cleaned everyday. No soap on the toilets (had to buy soap).

Self check in is a challenge otherwise fine...

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Czech Republic

This was the worst place I've ever stayed. There is no front desk service, no maintenance, the door lock stuck--huge fire hazard--the windows were broken and there was no heat, so I froze all night. The mattress was laughably bad and uncomfortable and the blanket was totally inadequate. The laundry machines didn't work and the in-room fridge was old and buzzed loudly all night. This room was so loud I needed earplugs to sleep and the blinds were broken so the street lights shone in all night.

This property was not what was advertised. Photos were different & it was a 15min, rather than 5min walk to closest tube. Bathrooms were dirty & the one available hair dryer found didn't work. Worst was the bed - the springs were almost sticking through the mattress and after one night of no sleep we went out & spent £30 on a matress topper just so we could get some sleep for the remaining two nights.

With no staff on site, other tenants were constantly pounding on the front door to be let in, which was both annoying, as well as completely removed security with other tenants breaking down an letting them it. This removed any possibility of sleep, as the pounding happened at all hours. Definitely not worth the money I paid. Next time, I will spend the same amount for a real hotel.

가장 큰 문제는 호스텔가기전 연락을 해야한다는 것이었다. 나는 유심칩이 없어서 통화가 불가능해서 이메일을 주고받았다. 세세하게 글들을 읽어보고 결정해야함.보통 지도표시된 곳이 호스텔인줄 아는데 전혀 다른데 있으니 무조건 연락부터 하시길.외부나 내부나 소음이 많았다. 장기투숙객이 많았다. 다만 화장실과 샤워실은 괜찮았음.옥스퍼드서커스역까지 버스로 2~30분 걸렸다. 2존에 있다.

Very good Hostel! Clean, good people and confortable!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Spain

This is a decent budget accommodation in London. Its not the cleanest and the staff are over stretched so if you want something you may have to do it yourself. ie. Cleaning. The only problem I had was the washing machine. There is a decent laundrette on Kilburn high street beside Brondesbury train station. About a 5 minute walk. If you have just moved to London and need some where short term until you get a job this place is ok. Its good value for location if you're not fussy.

The way I was treated by staff at this property was shocking and disgusting to say the least. Easily the worst customer service I have ever received in my entire life. I was insulted several times, got hung up on at times too. No, I will not use their services again.

• 18th Oct 2014

One of the worst places I have ever stayed at. I haven't slept at all most of the nights as it was noisy, and the lights in the hall were switched on all night. The glass window above the door didn't help to block the light. I bought a single room and ended up in a twin room. After half a week I moved to a hotel as I couldn't bear the situation in the hostel.

good enough

• 23rd Oct 2013

Decent place although a little pricey for dorm accommodation. However facilities are good. Good sized common room with TV and seats. Good kitchen facilities. Private toilets and showers instead of communal showers. Unfortunately wifi doesn't really work (they need to increase bandwidth). Also, although there are cleaners, the place can get quite dirty at certain times of the day, mainly because residents don't clean up after themselves.

I stayed here with a group of 10 mates. We booked a 10 man dorm and were put in a 12 man room with a grumpy old man who was really rude to us. We enquired to management on the issue and were told it would be fixed as soon as possible and it never happened despite calling back more than 3 times about the problem. The kitchen was always disgusting, people being too lazy to clean up their own mess leaving the poor cleaning lady to do it which brought her to tears one of the days I was there. Worst!

• 17th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Was a complete lifesaver for me while I was between flat contracts. The studio flat was well equipped and comfortable, if rather hot (I staid there in October 2013 and although cold outside, was really hot inside, even with the radiators off). That is the only negative thing I can think of and was easily overcome. Would definitely recommend.

We are a young couple and we liked it very much. We were in Anson Road, 10 minutes away from Willesden Green Station and center. A lot of facilities and very nice stuff, the room (double) had its own little kitchen, two big blackboards, and a little desk. We would recommended it!!

• 8th Oct 2013
  • Spain

Amazing place to meet new people, especially if you come to London looking for work.

• 9th Jul 2013