Budget Mapesbury Hostel Reviews

39 Chatsworth Road, London, England

When booking they give you an address near to Kilburn station. It is mandatory to phone them when you get there, which it´s a little annoying. After that they relocate you in a house where there is a room available and booked for you, so there is no exact building as a normal hostel or hotel. Once you have made the full payment there, you don’t see anyone of the company. When you leave the room you just have to leave the keys on the table. Bathroom very tiny, a couple of showers nor very clean.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Bathrooms were dirty, staff were sort of jerks. Location is far from all attractions.

3 things to consider about this hostel 1. We booked a 10 person hostel and were put in the wrong size hostel accommodations that did not work well with our group. 2. It took 5 hours to check in (we got there at 9am and didn't get into our room until after 2pm. 3. The staff was tolerable during the day but overall terrible people. We asked for directions to a local pub at 7pm and the main women's only response was "I'm off the clock" as she walked away from is. Avoid this hostel at all costs.

• 27th Jun 2014

The worst hostel I've ever stayed. The photos don't show the truth. The staff is very disorganized.

• 26th Jun 2014

Although the Hostel was brilliant there was no staff on site to enforce any rules. Again nothing against the hostel but other people have no consideration for other people sleeping, maybe staff on site could enforce some rules

• 22nd Jun 2014

Budget Mapesbury Hostel is a great place to stay if it's a place to sleep and shower you're looking for. It's super close to the underground and it's in a nice neighborhood. There are some pubs close to the hostel if you want to hang out with some friends. Bring a padlock if you want to use the locker but be patient because you need to get the hang of it. The beds could be better but I slept just fine. The bathrooms are fine just don't forget to bring your own soap.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

The Hostel ist very clean and and all is new. But, I stay in a room with another 7 girls, all this girls live there, and ocupe all de lockers, freezers and plugs in the room. They were very unlikeable and problematic. At all, was't a good experience at this hostel.

• 12th Jun 2014

We had a good time there ,the location was great .I love a chill neighbourhood ,really close to center by metro station ,4 stations or something like that .A supermarket is close to you 10 min away and pubs ,restaurants if you want to eat,places with live music so i think it was great.Thank yall

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Romania

What about replacing the keyboard bij one of the computers (letters are faded off)

Staff super helpful and friendly, Free Booze, Room big and clean, Area is a bit gross being in the centre of Rome but that's hardly the Hostel's fault and it is central which makes is super convenient.

The bathroom in my room was extremely dirty. I saw a cleaner coming to the room to change sheets once, and another one in the kitchen but the bathrooms seemed not to be part of anyone's to-do list. Showers are really not enough, super tiny, and very dirty as well. I found only 4 and there were from 20 to 30 people staying in the hostel at the time. I stayed for three nights so the dirtiness was not just due to a busy day or an occasional problem with part of the staff.

• 30th May 2014
  • Spain

One of the best hostels I've been in. Our studio room with kitchen and bathroom was nice and clean and quiet. It also included all the necessarities for cooking. The place was a bit far away from the centrum but we didn't care since the region was so peaceful and safe. The staff was friendly. We had a great stay with my friend, I can warmly recommend this!

• 13th May 2014
  • Finland

Not a fan of this place. Staff answered most questions, but not to my satisfaction, the management seemed really unorganized, the bathroom is absurdly small, the kitchen facilities are quite old, albeit working. Upon arriving, there were no bunks because they had to replace them all according to the health inspector (what they told me themselves). Building is quite old, loud people living upstairs, place was dirty, etc. Not in a preferable part of town. It wasn't even cheap either.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room I had (a double room, shared bathroom) was excellent, the hostel seems secure, with good facilities and nice garden area. It's quiet and very pleasant. A bit of a walk to get to the nearest tube station, but I'd say it's worth it :)

would absolutely stay there again. The staff were very helpful and friendly. A map of the area was provided as well as useful directions for nearby bus stops and tube stations. The hostel is itself a beautiful open plan house and i was very happy with the accommodation london service.

• 10th Apr 2014

Great place, met some lovely people, would definitely stay again!

Nice hostel!! The breakfast times could have been indicated somewhere, and when you arrive in the dark it's kind of difficult to find the right house, so maybe a little sign by the road would be helpful. Awesome that there were fridges in the room! And everything looked nice and clean. We had a really good time and I would definitely book this hostel again in the future!

i stayed at the 8 bed dorm and the hostel is near to the station. the room and the toilet are clean, but the kitchen is a bit mess as it is the job that the users tidy up what they have used. overall the hostel is good.

amazing hostel i can not wait to come back next time i am in London