Budget Mapesbury Hostel Reviews

39 Chatsworth Road, London, England

I was given the wrong set of keys by the girl who also said she'd return with some bedding which she never did, also trying to get ahold of anyone who works there is virtually impossible and I wasnt the only one another girl was there and her light in her room had been out for a week and hadnt been fixed, however i ran into a man who worked there and he was really apologetic and very helpfull so i was vey greatfull for him otherwise i would have been sleeping outside with no bedding! Not Good!

• 18th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

A really homely place that allows people space to move. Its clean and has a driveway for parking a vehicle. Kilburn isnt the best area but just 15 mins on the jubilee line to central. It has fridges in the rooms that are adequate for short term items and cooking facilities that are decent although no ovens. All in all the best hostel bang for Buck wise in London and far enough out in a leafy suburb to not feel claustrophic like a central backpackers place. Highly recommended.

Staff is going from one place to another which means you'll have to wait forever to get tended to, and they don't even check your passport, so if you are escaping from the police, this is the place to hide. Of the 10 days I stayed, the internet connection only worked all right one, so if people are looking for jobs and need to be connected, they shouldn't choose this. Los trabajadores van de un lado para otro. Internet nunca funciona: si buscas trabajo, este sitio te hará la vida imposible.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Excellent place. Comfortable, clean, all the facilities ara available. The kitchen has everything you need to prepare your own food. The bathrooms are always clean. The neighborhood is not very nice, though.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Ecuador

DO NOT STAY HERE When I first arrived at my room I was disappointed with the state of my room, but then again it is budget accommodation. Half way through my stay I came to my room to find I could not access it, the lock had been changed, I had no way of contacting the office as it was after-hours. The office had not logged my payment, despite my credit card being charged and instead of contacting me, the lock was changed. Save yourself the trouble. Do not stay here.

• 27th Sep 2014

Well, we've been waiting for more than 2 hours to check-in (waiting for the staff give us the key),there was a german girl waiting as well. Finally, the staff arrived and tell us the room is in the another place, so we had no choice but still had to WALK to our room by 10 mins. You may say it's a good opportunity to work out, but it is not really a good joke to us. So, could you please SET a reception desk it does't cost too much money. Why don't set one? Also, hire a better staff, PLEASE!

very very very nice hostel

There is no staff on the spot: you have to call them and they send someone to check in. Impossible to get a refund so I wasted about 4 days since I had to pay fo my whole stay on the first day!!

When booking they give you an address near to Kilburn station. It is mandatory to phone them when you get there, which it´s a little annoying. After that they relocate you in a house where there is a room available and booked for you, so there is no exact building as a normal hostel or hotel. Once you have made the full payment there, you don’t see anyone of the company. When you leave the room you just have to leave the keys on the table. Bathroom very tiny, a couple of showers nor very clean.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Bathrooms were dirty, staff were sort of jerks. Location is far from all attractions.

3 things to consider about this hostel 1. We booked a 10 person hostel and were put in the wrong size hostel accommodations that did not work well with our group. 2. It took 5 hours to check in (we got there at 9am and didn't get into our room until after 2pm. 3. The staff was tolerable during the day but overall terrible people. We asked for directions to a local pub at 7pm and the main women's only response was "I'm off the clock" as she walked away from is. Avoid this hostel at all costs.

• 27th Jun 2014

The worst hostel I've ever stayed. The photos don't show the truth. The staff is very disorganized.

• 26th Jun 2014

Although the Hostel was brilliant there was no staff on site to enforce any rules. Again nothing against the hostel but other people have no consideration for other people sleeping, maybe staff on site could enforce some rules

• 22nd Jun 2014