Budget Mapesbury Hostel Reviews

39 Chatsworth Road, London, England

I was given the wrong set of keys by the girl who also said she'd return with some bedding which she never did, also trying to get ahold of anyone who works there is virtually impossible and I wasnt the only one another girl was there and her light in her room had been out for a week and hadnt been fixed, however i ran into a man who worked there and he was really apologetic and very helpfull so i was vey greatfull for him otherwise i would have been sleeping outside with no bedding! Not Good!

• 18th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

A really homely place that allows people space to move. Its clean and has a driveway for parking a vehicle. Kilburn isnt the best area but just 15 mins on the jubilee line to central. It has fridges in the rooms that are adequate for short term items and cooking facilities that are decent although no ovens. All in all the best hostel bang for Buck wise in London and far enough out in a leafy suburb to not feel claustrophic like a central backpackers place. Highly recommended.

Staff is going from one place to another which means you'll have to wait forever to get tended to, and they don't even check your passport, so if you are escaping from the police, this is the place to hide. Of the 10 days I stayed, the internet connection only worked all right one, so if people are looking for jobs and need to be connected, they shouldn't choose this. Los trabajadores van de un lado para otro. Internet nunca funciona: si buscas trabajo, este sitio te hará la vida imposible.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Spain

DO NOT STAY HERE When I first arrived at my room I was disappointed with the state of my room, but then again it is budget accommodation. Half way through my stay I came to my room to find I could not access it, the lock had been changed, I had no way of contacting the office as it was after-hours. The office had not logged my payment, despite my credit card being charged and instead of contacting me, the lock was changed. Save yourself the trouble. Do not stay here.

• 27th Sep 2014

Well, we've been waiting for more than 2 hours to check-in (waiting for the staff give us the key),there was a german girl waiting as well. Finally, the staff arrived and tell us the room is in the another place, so we had no choice but still had to WALK to our room by 10 mins. You may say it's a good opportunity to work out, but it is not really a good joke to us. So, could you please SET a reception desk it does't cost too much money. Why don't set one? Also, hire a better staff, PLEASE!

very very very nice hostel

There is no staff on the spot: you have to call them and they send someone to check in. Impossible to get a refund so I wasted about 4 days since I had to pay fo my whole stay on the first day!!

When booking they give you an address near to Kilburn station. It is mandatory to phone them when you get there, which it´s a little annoying. After that they relocate you in a house where there is a room available and booked for you, so there is no exact building as a normal hostel or hotel. Once you have made the full payment there, you don’t see anyone of the company. When you leave the room you just have to leave the keys on the table. Bathroom very tiny, a couple of showers nor very clean.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Bathrooms were dirty, staff were sort of jerks. Location is far from all attractions.

3 things to consider about this hostel 1. We booked a 10 person hostel and were put in the wrong size hostel accommodations that did not work well with our group. 2. It took 5 hours to check in (we got there at 9am and didn't get into our room until after 2pm. 3. The staff was tolerable during the day but overall terrible people. We asked for directions to a local pub at 7pm and the main women's only response was "I'm off the clock" as she walked away from is. Avoid this hostel at all costs.

• 27th Jun 2014

The worst hostel I've ever stayed. The photos don't show the truth. The staff is very disorganized.

• 26th Jun 2014

Although the Hostel was brilliant there was no staff on site to enforce any rules. Again nothing against the hostel but other people have no consideration for other people sleeping, maybe staff on site could enforce some rules

• 22nd Jun 2014

Budget Mapesbury Hostel is a great place to stay if it's a place to sleep and shower you're looking for. It's super close to the underground and it's in a nice neighborhood. There are some pubs close to the hostel if you want to hang out with some friends. Bring a padlock if you want to use the locker but be patient because you need to get the hang of it. The beds could be better but I slept just fine. The bathrooms are fine just don't forget to bring your own soap.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

The Hostel ist very clean and and all is new. But, I stay in a room with another 7 girls, all this girls live there, and ocupe all de lockers, freezers and plugs in the room. They were very unlikeable and problematic. At all, was't a good experience at this hostel.

• 12th Jun 2014

We had a good time there ,the location was great .I love a chill neighbourhood ,really close to center by metro station ,4 stations or something like that .A supermarket is close to you 10 min away and pubs ,restaurants if you want to eat,places with live music so i think it was great.Thank yall

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Romania

What about replacing the keyboard bij one of the computers (letters are faded off)

Staff super helpful and friendly, Free Booze, Room big and clean, Area is a bit gross being in the centre of Rome but that's hardly the Hostel's fault and it is central which makes is super convenient.

The bathroom in my room was extremely dirty. I saw a cleaner coming to the room to change sheets once, and another one in the kitchen but the bathrooms seemed not to be part of anyone's to-do list. Showers are really not enough, super tiny, and very dirty as well. I found only 4 and there were from 20 to 30 people staying in the hostel at the time. I stayed for three nights so the dirtiness was not just due to a busy day or an occasional problem with part of the staff.

• 30th May 2014
  • Spain

One of the best hostels I've been in. Our studio room with kitchen and bathroom was nice and clean and quiet. It also included all the necessarities for cooking. The place was a bit far away from the centrum but we didn't care since the region was so peaceful and safe. The staff was friendly. We had a great stay with my friend, I can warmly recommend this!

• 13th May 2014
  • Finland

Not a fan of this place. Staff answered most questions, but not to my satisfaction, the management seemed really unorganized, the bathroom is absurdly small, the kitchen facilities are quite old, albeit working. Upon arriving, there were no bunks because they had to replace them all according to the health inspector (what they told me themselves). Building is quite old, loud people living upstairs, place was dirty, etc. Not in a preferable part of town. It wasn't even cheap either.