Budget Mapesbury Hostel Reviews

39 Chatsworth Road, London, England

Great place, met some lovely people, would definitely stay again!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel!! The breakfast times could have been indicated somewhere, and when you arrive in the dark it's kind of difficult to find the right house, so maybe a little sign by the road would be helpful. Awesome that there were fridges in the room! And everything looked nice and clean. We had a really good time and I would definitely book this hostel again in the future!

i stayed at the 8 bed dorm and the hostel is near to the station. the room and the toilet are clean, but the kitchen is a bit mess as it is the job that the users tidy up what they have used. overall the hostel is good.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

amazing hostel i can not wait to come back next time i am in London

Showers werent the cleanest ones, plus the staff didnt really care whats going on in hostels, plenty of italian guys that were really noisy, especially after the midnight - i would await that the staff would come and check that everything is ok.,

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

Strange vibe, better for people staying long term.A good walk from station which is tough when arriving at night. Location can be confusing as same company owns several hostels in area. Wouldn't stay in summer as room felt very sticky and stuffy even in winter. Didn't feel 5 pound late fee was justified as our plane was late and baggage lost. Annoying that there is no point of contact on site.

This hostel was absolutely revolting. I stayed for a week and the room was not cleaned. The bathrooms were revolting- toilets were not cleaned, the showers had urine in them, there were joint stubbs in the bin and ash in the sinks. I dont know why they employ 'cleaners' because they do not clean. I booked a 6 bed female dorm and was placed in an 8 bed dorm with blokes barging in when ever they felt like. There were school groups staying causing noise at all hours and no aircon in the rooms.

First we had problems to find our Hostel, because accomodation-london has different locations. I booked the Mapesbury Hostel with the adress 39 Chatsworth Road, but our Room was at Anson Road. There is no staff in the hostels to ask, but luckily a lot of very friendly people. You should get an email with the right adress and a code for the keybox, but sadly the email never reached me. But in the end we reached our double bed "studio" in the back yard of the hostels and it was just awesome!

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Austria

Everything was great when I got to the hostel, the only problem was getting there. This isn't made particularly clear on the page here, but you have to contact them for directions to wherever you're staying--this is a larger group that runs a number of properties. So when I headed to the address listed here, I found myself completely lost. Contact them, though, and you'll get picked up at the station and everything will be grand!

The price was good, however not worth it. Wasnt very clean, which we could have delt with. However the bathroom carpet had a horrible mold smell making the entire room unpleasant to be in. Tried to get a refund and leave but that wasnt possible either. Staff were friendly to speak with but couldnt help. Good response time before arrival. A bit slow responding to request such as towels which were supposed to be provided and refund info. Also, wasnt a hostel really and not as depicted in add

hostel is operated inside a residential property which lacks a reception. You will need to call them to pick you up from the nearest tube station which might be inconvenient to visitors who lack a phone or late arrivals. I never saw a single staff around after check in. People in the dorm came in and out and the door was never locked. There is only 1 light switch for the room so it wakes you up when someone turns on the light. People in my room were rowdy and stuff was all over the floor.

Security could be better (It was GOOD,because they hace free lockers. but the lockers don't fit properly) Staff and Atmosphere was really good! also you can rent for weeks (good if you want to look for a job or stay for a short time)

We didn't stay in the hostel, we stayed in an apartment block at another address (which was very confusing from the website). This location was further away from the tube station than we would have liked, however for the price we paid for a studio apartment we cant complain too much. The room itself was very clean and had all the kitchen utensils we needed. Overall it was good value for money, however just be advised that some of their locations are not close to the tube stations.

I stayed with the same company twice before and where very happy and though that I got value for money.However my 3rd visit where very disappointed.I had to contact the office three times.There where no bath towel. Had to get own toilet paper.Struggle to find plates and cubs in both kitchens.The fridge door in my room where broken and struggle to keep it closed. There where even limited internet access.I change my flight back to the channel Island and leave on the Saturday instead Thursday????

• 19th Jun 2013

We enjoyed our stay, was perfect for staying in London a few days in an accessible area, in a nice clean little room. Staff v helpful, and apart from a few rowdy occupants slamming doors and such, was a very pleasant atmosphere. Would recommend it hands down over any overpriced London Hotel :-)

• 6th Jun 2013

I Stayed at number 39 for a 3nights, as it is within a 5min walking distance to the Kilburn station, and gives you direct access to travel throughout London, it is a clean hostel with powerful showers, and has a good size common room, and multple Kitchens, the breakfast on offer at 9am was Tea, toast and jam, had I of arrived when they began serving (around 7.30), I believed it to offer, eggs, beans and hash browns too. Would I stay there again? (it cost £41, booking online for 3 nights) YES.

• 5th Jun 2013

The staff was definitely rude. I asked to extend my stay and they suddenly moved me in a awful block because you must rebook your stay through them and not online.(they said) Payed cash, they didn't accept card, so they didn't give me any legal receipt. Once moved, i ve been complaining about how dirty it was the other block and this man comes to me asking for money in a such rude way. I definitely disliked that hostel and hope they ll lost customers.

i will recommend this hostel to everybody

• 25th Apr 2013

The only thing i would change in the hostel is 24h living space. So we dont have to go to our rooms in the middle of our activities. i am sure other are sharing my point of view. The hostel is very clean apart of sinks which are constantly used by tenants. Its just an observation.

• 14th Mar 2013
  • Poland

A completily rubish. I have been sleeping one month in the same room and they didn't cleaned the room at all. I am paying for a service which I haven't received. By the way, the staff is very rude and the claned areas are conspicuous by their absence. Could It get any worse? Judge for yourself!! Welcome to the pigsty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7