Budget Mapesbury Hostel

Good 332 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Male, 41+
30th Dec 2016
5.7

I didn't realise when booking that this was a hostel without staff on site. I prefer to have face to face access to staff if there are problems. The room was fine. Well heated and sound proofed although mattress was terrible. The share bathrooms were kept clean and other guests were generally considerate and quiet. This is not Luke other hostels, however, and many tenants seemed to be using it as a boarding house for long stays. Shared kitchen was disgusting

2nd Dec 2016
6.0

I had cancelled the booking

• Algeria, Male, 41+
14th Nov 2016
6.9

We chose 1 Private Twin Room they gave us 1 bunk room ? We complained they changed us to 2 bunks Rooms :(

11th Nov 2016

I have enjoyed my time here, as there is a bus line that goes to the city centre close, and the facilities are good. The atmosphere there is a bit depressing, but I'll take it. The cleaning lady isn't the friendliest. But everyone else was! Cheers.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
25th Oct 2016
7.7

Great stay, except when we were there, a large group of very loud french school children were staying there also, which diminished the atmosphere for us quite a bit. Other than that, a great stay!

• visculamia
  • Netherlands, Female, 31-40
14th Sep 2016
4.3

The room itself was OK as was the location. But according to the room info there should have been a TV in my room, it was missing and after asking for one twice I gave up. There was no toilet paper provided, the toilets were only cleaned once in the week I stayed there (and I think one of the other renters did that). The kitchens were disgusting and the drain in the shower was a bit blocked. Also the room couldn't be locked from the inside and neither could the front door. Would not recommend..

9th Sep 2016
3.1

DO NOT STAY HERE, STAY AWAY!! I booked this 39 Chatsworth location but when I got there after almost waiting an hour for someone to check me in, since there is no staff. I was transferred to another address across the street at 30 Chatsworth. Now this place is how shall I called it? Not a hostel but a house made into a hostel. The kitchen was filthy, it was overflowing with trash. I did not feel safe leaving my luggage here while I was away.