Budgett Hostels Reviews

Rademarkt 3-3a, Groningen, Netherlands

Sure, it was off-season, but the way this hostel was being handled was bizarre. At my arrival a note on the door told me to check in at a different hotel, which was connected with the hostel through their bar. The place was completely empty the whole time I was there, no staff to be seen, only one other guest. My room was clean and well-kept, except for a grainy feel to my sheets, but the bed was comfortable. Waited for breakfast from 7:45-8:30 - it never came (paid +€7.50!). Very unwelcoming.

Just a table and some chairs were missing in our two-person-private-with-bathroom. The bunchbeds are comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. Recommended!

Bathrooms were too small but I see the financial benefits were the number one reason.

We were here on a weekend and had a 6-bed room. Bunk beds are okay. The bathroom is small, with a shower, sink and toilet, but it's clean. Great location in the middle of the centre of Groningen.

Great location and cool Mondrian decoration. The price was very fair so it was a good choice

The hostel looks great and it's in a great location. The decor reminds the De Stijl art movement, so a lot of basic colors and geometry. Just a pleasure to walk and look around it. Unlike many hostels in the Netherlands, it actually provides towels, so that's a nice bonus.