Budgett Hostels Reviews

Rademarkt 3-3a, Groningen, Netherlands

I had a reasonably pleasant stay at Budgett Hostels. I stayed in the twin room with a private bathroom, very well equipped (no hairdryer though). Bedsheets, towels and wifi are provided free of charge. What is perhaps missing is a bit of a "hostel" atmosphere, with people hanging around and willing to chat, but that wasn't really a problem for me as I only stayed one night.

Very clean and quiet hostel, great staff.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Clean hostel and friendly staff. Enjoyed my stay.

• 10th Jun 2014

+ very clean, nice staff, towels changed every day - no kitchen, very basic dorm rooms :)

Best kept secret!

• 23rd May 2014

A nice place, very clean. It is quite quiet, more of a relaxing hostel. Great location and very nice staff.

very flexible staff. great budget place to stay! recommended!

• 11th May 2014

Basic but fine. Lady at the check-in was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and the beds are fine, althought the beds in the dorm are very close together. I was glad only 2 out of 10 beds were occupied, otherwise my head would have almost touch my neighbours. Every bed has it's own light and wallplug, there is a tv and free wi-fi. Location is perfect. So if you're looking for a basic affordable place to go, this is just fine.

Front desk staff not too friendly. Not too convenient to pay for breakfast when hostel fee was already high. Other hostels stayed at in more tourist areas and the cost was less money and included free breakfast. Not too convenient that they lock you out after hrs or during Kings Day. Not too safe to standing outside the door waiting for someone to answer the door after three times of ringing the door bell.

No free bfast. Great location. Staff not to friendly/talkative. Quiet and safety is excellent

I've stayed in this hostel for one night only but I must say that it is perfect to visit Groningen: a two minutes walk takes you straight to the town centre where you will find the most important sights to visit! The hostel has been renewed and has more rooms than it had before but: it is very nice and modern, the staff is really nice and helpful (they gave me several names of places where to go sucha sa restaurants, bars and coffeeshops) and the location, as written above, is fantastic!

Can't use the kitchen and nowhere to store food. Short haired lady clerk was very helpful in getting a power of attorney signed for me at the police station. Younger blonde female clerk moved me unnecessarily to another room for no good reason. Told me that I'd have more space in a smaller room with more people in it. Nonsense. Facilities are very clean, the community showers are spacious, room showers are very small. Uncomfortable seating in eating area, close to Central Station by foot.